Volkwagen Vento Vibrations

Thread Starter #1
My Vento Petrol has minor vibrations at idle when I turn on the AC (Manual/Automatic). Though, the vibrations are so minor that they can't be felt when driving the car. The car is very calm at idle without AC. Anybody has experienced this before?

Earlier I had some problems with Vibrations at idle even without AC. Vibrations would start, EPC light would glow and pick up would go down to almost zero. Car also used to misfire. This was felt when car was just 5 days old. VW service center guys could not find the fault but changed 'Ignition coil' as they suspected some problem. After that problem has not shown up again.

Re: Vento Vibrations

My Vento Petrol has minor vibrations at idle when I turn on the AC (Manual/Automatic). Though, the vibrations are so minor that they can't be felt when driving the car. The car is very calm at idle without AC. Anybody has experienced this before?

Earlier I had some problems with Vibrations at idle even without AC. Vibrations would start, EPC light would glow and pick up would go down to almost zero. Car also used to misfire. This was felt when car was just 5 days old. VW service center guys could not find the fault but changed 'Ignition coil' as they suspected some problem. After that problem has not shown up again.
Minor vibrations can be felt inside the cabin when AC is switched on, also you would hear the compressor sound once you switch it on. The vibration or sound eventually becomes normal within no time. I have a polo petrol by the way.

Since I never had a problem of ignition coil etc. earlier in my polo as you mentioned, so I can say that vibrations in my polo are normal. But in your case, you had problem earlier so you may be getting suspicious about the vibrations. Since you do not feel any vibrations without AC, nothing to worry.

The problem you mentioned about abnormal vibrations etc. happens when the car gets into 'emergency mode' due to some failure. In your case it was showing a glowing coil in MID, so I suspect some loose or faulty electrical connection. Now that the workshop has diagnosed everything and declared everything right, you should not be worried.

Thread Starter #3
@Rightnow - Thanks for your comments. Bit surprised to hear that you could also feel the vibrations on AC. Feels like extra load on engine due to AC causing them.

I will plan a visit to the VW service center soon.

@Rightnow - Thanks for your comments. Bit surprised to hear that you could also feel the vibrations on AC. Feels like extra load on engine due to AC causing them.
I will plan a visit to the VW service center soon.
Yeah no harm in visiting the workshop and check other cars whether their behavior is similar to yours.

Top Bottom