Issues with My New VW Polo (P) 1.2 TL

Thread Starter #1
Hey guyz,
i finally got my new polo 1.2 L TL white a month back.
the steel quality, plastic quality and feel is just awesome, which no other car co could match.
But there are some issue which i need to reslove.
1. The car manual and petrol lid shows that car needs 95 RON fuel
(while in India normal fuel available is 89 RON, speed 93- Rs.76 and speed 97- Rs 91 delhi rates) I am confused which fuel to use and whether using 89 RON will have adverse effects.

2. The AC switches on automatically every time I switch on the blower, which is particularly annoying because most of the time i want only blower to run and not AC.

3. The engine noise. I bought a petrol car but now feel that this is no less than diesel because of huge noise .

4. The company claimed that mileage of 17.24 km/l and what I get is petty 10 km/l which is disappointing (I also own Honda City which claims 16.8 km/L and gives me 13.5 km/L)

May be there are some things which i may be doing wrong...I need your suggestions. Please help me regarding these issues...[confused]

Re: Issues with my New VW Polo (P) 1.2L TL

Hey guyz,
i finally got my new polo 1.2 L TL white a month back.
the steel quality, plastic quality and feel is just awesome, which no other car co could match.
But there are some issue which i need to reslove.
1. The car manual and petrol lid shows that car needs 95 RON fuel
(while in India normal fuel available is 89 RON, speed 93- Rs.76 and speed 97- Rs 91 delhi rates) I am confused which fuel to use and whether using 89 RON will have adverse effects.

2. The AC switches on automatically every time I switch on the blower, which is particularly annoying because most of the time i want only blower to run and not AC.

3. The engine noise. I bought a petrol car but now feel that this is no less than diesel because of huge noise .

4. The company claimed that mileage of 17.24 km/l and what I get is petty 10 km/l which is disappointing (I also own Honda City which claims 16.8 km/L and gives me 13.5 km/L)

May be there are some things which i may be doing wrong...I need your suggestions. Please help me regarding these issues...[confused]
1. I have never bothered about the fuel specifications. I normally fill from Indian Oil bunk and never faced any issues. Btw how do I find the specs of fuel?

2. Yes, the AC is default. You have to click it again to switch off, it just takes a finger bro!!

3. Yes engine noise is there, and the appolo tyres are noisy too, so what you hear is a mixture of engine and tyre noise. Are you hearing noise at all levels or at just high RPMs just when change gears? Tell me one more thing- inside the bonnet lid, is there a damping material on your polo?

4. Mileage will increase as you cross more miles. Today I got around 14.8 kmpl of FE (as per MID display). Initially I also used to get what you are getting. Give it some time.

You are not doing anything wrong, its a really sturdy car and you should not be worried on anything as such. Take a few tips from me though:

a. Keep checking the tyre pressure regularly- If occupants are more than two, keep the pressure 32 otherwise 30-31 would do just fine. If you drive alone 30 psi would be more comfortable. Also, remember that higher the pressure, more the fuel efficiency.

b. Washing: Do not try to wash the engine bay as its not recommended by VW due to presence of electrical components inside it. After washing do not engage the handbrakes fully, otherwise they may get jammed. So just let the car dry and then pull handbrakes. For washing, I suppose you know the 'service position' to avoid wipers damage the bonnet.

c. Try to not run your wipers when the windshield is very hot, it may damage the wiper blades.

d. During initial days, keep revving the engine at different RMPs and avoid higher gears on low speeds. For instance avoid switching to fourth/fifth gears too early like at speed of 35-40 kmph.

Congrats and best of luck. I am here if you have any further queries.

Thread Starter #3

thank you for the reply rightnow [clap]

1. fuel specifications is written at the petrol lid...95 RON 92 ROZ..in india we measure by RON

2.no dampening material which is again disappointing. Since honda city which makes no noise even provides engine insulation and noise dampening material.

3.i figured out AC (yayyy)[:D] I will write about it in the next post..i am in a hurry..

4. I always wash the car while the handbrake is engaged is it a problem?

5. service washing position???[confused]

6. revving engine on diff rpm's? ( m lil low on technicals)
and I generally drive in between 1 - 2 RPM

thank you for the reply rightnow [clap]

1. fuel specifications is written at the petrol lid...95 RON 92 ROZ..in india we measure by RON

2.no dampening material which is again disappointing. Since honda city which makes no noise even provides engine insulation and noise dampening material.

3.i figured out AC (yayyy)[:D] I will write about it in the next post..i am in a hurry..

4. I always wash the car while the handbrake is engaged is it a problem?

5. service washing position???[confused]

6. revving engine on diff rpm's? ( m lil low on technicals)
and I generally drive in between 1 - 2 RPM
1. Ok. So I have to ask the bunk owners about the specs they are filling in.

2. Damping material can be fixed separately too. I am in process of getting it soon. Will let you know about it.

3. Good

4. May be. If you wash your car's wheels and rims, it may be a problem. Try not to engage the hand brakes fully.

5. I explained it on my thread here: post no. 182: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...sues-my-new-vw-polo-p-1-2l-tl.html#post238623

6. Avoid shifting to higher gears on low speeds. Change the gears when you feel you have reached high RPMs. Too early shifting like shifting to 4th at speed of 30 kmpl will not let the engine tune at high RPMs.

Here's what i observed... 2 things
1) if you turn off the ignition with the AC in OFF and just the blower running, next time u turn on the engine, it works only in the "blower on"..and not AC on.

2) If u have set the wind circulation to "windshield only" or "windshield+pasenger", it will always turn on the AC. This is a feature to avoid fogging of the windshield due to temperature differences of outside and inside.
In any other position, the AC remains off.

I have read below that u've figured out something about this..if its something else please let us all know

Happy & safe riding.

Thread Starter #6
Ok so today i figured out the AC of VW...

Germans have put a lot of brain in it...though not that useful[thumbsdown]
in countries like India where temp is highly volatile.

They have integrated the car temperature system(in your speed gauge) to the AC.
Now suppose the outside temp is 1º celsius and u switch on the blower --- the AC will not open ( if the thermostat is at lowest level i.e left down)

now suppose the temp is 17º C and the thermostat is half low i.e exact left---- the AC will not open again....(but do this same while the thermostat is at lowest the AC will start)

So, the VW has made it a point according to the inside set thermostat and outside temp...if it needs cooling AC will on otherwise not...

I discovered this all just by hit and trial...and putting my inquisitive and boggled mind...:lol!:

rightnow..the link gets me back to this page only...please post the link again of car position...
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7105-meet-my-pal-volkswagen-polo-1-2-petrol-highline-14.html have a look at process mentioned by sreedotk.

Regarding the AC working, I will try to see how it works and get back to you. Anyways many thanks for the info.

Thread Starter #9
Another concern...[;)]

I got polo TL>>> so no stereo...I am wondering now which stereo shall i put..taking in consideration following points-

1. the polo panel- which is different and not perfect square.

2. budget - less than Rs. 15000

3. aux + usb

4. decent and no rainbow colors.

Please suggest me a good stereo...and also [confused]

the car has 2 front speakers( installed)
I am wondering whether to put r rear door speakers or luggage compartment speaker.[confused]

Try out winston. There's lots of things on this forum and ppl have tried out.
The panel fits right into VW frame. And there's tons of extra features.

Get a 6 speaker set [2 front - u already have, 2 middle tweeters, 2 rear] and prefer the luggage rack but ensure of adequate strengthening to support speaker loads.

Try out winston. There's lots of things on this forum and ppl have tried out.
The panel fits right into VW frame. And there's tons of extra features.
Get a 6 speaker set [2 front - u already have, 2 middle tweeters, 2 rear] and prefer the luggage rack but ensure of adequate strengthening to support speaker loads.
Hey Yarun's budget is low. He can't get witson in his budget.
winston?? Sorry, I don't know about it could you please elaborate?
Its a touchscreen unit. Try search for volkswagen polo witson, you will get a few options, but again it may exceed your budget.

yes, RCD 310 is not available new...i am getting 15 days old or 1 month old, which i do not want that.
How much are they asking for it?

About the post: I think you should start a new thread on queries for a stereo set-up coz the subject of thread is not related to stereo. However, you can search for stereo related posts here on other threads. There are plenty of threads on ICE (in car entertainment systems). Best of luck.

Thread Starter #15
Hey Yarun's budget is low. He can't get witson in his budget.

Its a touchscreen unit. Try search for volkswagen polo witson, you will get a few options, but again it may exceed your budget.

How much are they asking for it?
Rs. 7000

what is the price of witson? is it reliable to get that? has anyone already got witson or caska or other?

Top Bottom