Strange Sound when Engine is Idle.

Thread Starter #1
Guys yesterday i have noticed strange sound inside the bonnet in my diesel fiesta specially when i am slowing down or engine is idle.Though the sound is very less and hardly noticeable from inside but the same irritate me.I think the same is coming from some Belt,its like"CHU CHU CHU"[frustration].need advice on the same.Thanks..

I have the same kind of noise coming from my ritz diesel too,it is highly audible as and when the engine gets warm, highly audible after 30 mins of driving, could be the alternator/ac belt

they say it can range from a faulty wheel bearing to the belts, can be anything, taking my car to them this saturday, lets c what they find out.

Guys yesterday i have noticed strange sound inside the bonnet in my diesel fiesta specially when i am slowing down or engine is idle.Though the sound is very less and hardly noticeable from inside but the same irritate me.I think the same is coming from some Belt,its like"CHU CHU CHU"[frustration].need advice on the same.Thanks..
Does the sound continues when you are running your car in neutral or is it only there when your car is running in gear and you leave the accelerator?

Even i am having the same problem with my Ford Figo diesel version..

I consulted a mechanic for this issue and he suggested me to check the belt, or it can be bearing sound too..

I'll be taking my car to the Ford Workshop on coming Monday, will update with the issue after that.

Thread Starter #6
I am getting that sound only when i am pressing clutch during running condition and in neutral when the car is not moving but there is no sound when i rev.the engine or in motion.
whats the update regarding the issue?

Most probably the noise is from belts. Such noise could come from worn-out/ loose belt. To some extent, the noise can be stopped by applying belt dressing spray. But best thing will be to get it checked.

you can check the bearings by appling some multipurpose spray oil to them, between the pulleys and the axes, you can spray a little the band too, but very very little, if the band is properly tight if should not skid

I am getting that sound only when i am pressing clutch during running condition and in neutral when the car is not moving but there is no sound when i rev.the engine or in motion.

whats the update regarding the issue?
I doubt the sound is from your clutch release bearing as it is audible only when you are applying clutch.

Top Bottom