HELP! New Maruti Wagon-R Idle Issues

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I have recently purchased a New wagon r Blue eyed boy DUO LPG in Mangalore 2 months back .I have issues when the car is on Idle.As soon as i start the rev goes up till the car warms up and then later it comes down to idle status.The issue is when the car is on idle the whole body specially the doors and bonnet start shaking/vibrating[cry].On showing this to Mandovi Motors the Service technician initially told me that this shaking is normal,but later had changed the motors mounts during first service.The vibrating/shaking stops as soon as the Revs are increased and disappears as soon as the car starts moving.I inquired about increasing the idle speed but since the whole engine is ECU controlled it is not possible make any changes to do that also even if i have to compromise on mileage[confused].

This shaking/Vibration is really irritating when the car is on idle/Stationary.Can anyone please offer some advise/Suggestion/Solution to this/ pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Check the idling RPM, it might be lower that normal. This also causes vibrations and shaking.

freakdude.

Its common problem with 3 cylinder cars.Just ask him to increase the rpm at idle and match the air fuel mixture too.

The problem will be solved when the idle has been set appropriately.

Jarpickle, any idea how to adjust the idle rpm. I tried to adjust it by adjusting the screw at the accelerator cable mounted in the engine. i done that in my esteem Mpfi after the engine gained enough temperature, but when i start it again,it comes down to 0800 rpm. earlier it was 900. I need to settle it between 950-1k

I am not sure of the range.But according to suzuki for an 800 with an Ac its supposed to be 1100 rpm.The idle at start is always lower.It then settles are the actual idle after a while.

To adjust the idle, first lower it and hear the engine.Then start turning the screw half a turn and listen to the engine.

If it sounds unsettled and is knocking and vibrating a whole lot then increase the idle till it feels smooth but not like your pressing the accelerator.It should sound smooth and free and not sound like its being revved.

but for the MPFI engines, while we starting after a couple of hours, RPM will be in higher side around 1200-1500, like we enabled choke in the carburetor engine.after around 40 seconds, it will be settled down to 900. My problem is currently in the winter season, i just tried to increase the idle to 950-1000, but later happened is whenever, i start it is now settle in 800 and at least i need to keep it same as earlier.

@nikhil,

As our both have the problem with the idle of MPFI engine, i also mention my problem in this thread. which could help you also. Anyway best solution for your problem, is to go the ASS and tell the SA to check and increase the idle.

Do you want to increase the initial idle or the idle that the engine settles at?

In your case the ecu is causing the rpm to drop down, because when you increased the idle the air fuel mixture was not increased.

In carb cars there is a screw for air fuel mixture,which is made a little rich during winter to help with starting.

Thanks jarpickle. I need your help to increase or at least set the stock idle RPM which the engine settles at.(atleast 900)

How i can reset the idle RPM? Is it this will effect the performance/Mileage. I know any car mechanic can set this.But i would like to understand and do it my own.

Thanks jarpickle. I need your help to increase or at least set the stock idle RPM which the engine settles at.(atleast 900).
Here's it if you wish to try!!
Remove the -ve of your battery and leave it for few hours (best would be overnight). Next morning, tighten the -ve back and start the car, let it be in neutral and let it idle for a good 5 mins. Now, observe the RPM, if low, increase the RPM by rotating the screw half rotation at a time. After each rotation idle for at-least 30 seconds. Once you reach your desired engine RPM, turn off the car and let it cool. Again start the car and observe the RPM after letting it idle for 2-3 mins at-least, would've settled by now.

freakdude.

Removing the terminals will reset the ecu, but once the battery terminal is connected won't it go to default settings?

Removing the terminals will reset the ecu, but once the battery terminal is connected won't it go to default settings?
Yes, it would and that's the idea. The ECU learns the driving style of the driver over a period of time. It is also useful in cases when you feel your car down than normal.

freakdude.

The K-series (1ltr 3 cylinder) has a couple of issues that I noticed.
1. Vibrations - during half clutch & idling
2. heavy vibrations with AC till you cross approx,50kmph

Test Drive a K10 that is driven more than 10000kms & you will certainly agree with me. This is a factory fitted problem, dealership cant do much about it. However surprisingly the old (normal Alto) Alto with 3 cylinder 800cc feels way smoother than this engine. Since K10, Astar, WagonR & Estilo have same Kseries engine, I guess the issue would be the same in most cases.

Thread Starter #14
DEAR ALL,

Thanks for your idea but have tried all the above but still not been able to increase the speed.

I think after a while the ECU kicks in and sets it to the default setting.

Please advise.

Thanks so much for all your time.

DEAR ALL,

Thanks for your idea but have tried all the above but still not been able to increase the speed.

I think after a while the ECU kicks in and sets it to the default setting.

Please advise.

Thanks so much for all your time.
Welcome back.

Is the car still vibrating violently.

The MPFi cars when cranked idle at higher rpm then the rpm settles down.

Let the car idle for 1 min after you start it and then drive.

Have you tried depressing the clutch and starting the engine?.

Do you start your car on petrol or lpg?

Last edited:

Top Bottom