Tuning Maruti 800 MPFI Engine

regular servicing every 10,000 kms along with replacing spares like airfilter ,fuel filter every 5000 kms or early depending necessity
in my opinion fuel filter ,airfilter ,spark plugs , injector cleaning , engine oil , transmission oil, brake oil , play major role for satisfactory working of vehicle

yes can be done , but if and only if the mechanic has knowledge about what he is doing, otherwise get an injector cleaning liquid and pour it in your fuel tank , but it cleanes on long run

Could someone explain how often a tune up is needed for Maruti 800 MPFI engine?
What are the parts that need to be replaced / cleaned???
[glasses]
Get the fuel filter replaced, other things are almost same as the carb models.

The only thing is you need to get the injectors cleaned, it can be done your self too. Instead you can use injector cleaners with fuel. You can feel immediate response (I have used it 3-4 times)

Check for timing too.

Thread Starter #6
The meter shows that the car has run 45,000 km. So do you think valve clearence check might not be needed? If needed what are the values?
Is the timing 7 deg.BTDC is ok?
Has this MPFI model got a PCV valve?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
not that necessary , generally it is done by feeler gauge and set to factory standards

they are available in owners manual

yes that is set to correct specification 7deg btdc
The valve clearance values are not given in owners manual. I guess they are given in workshop manuals, which are not available for owners

valve clearance is 0.13-0.18mm cold (coolant at ~20°C) and 0.15-0.19mm hot (~60°C) for both, intake and exhaust

Yes, it has a PCV valve, it's between a tube from the valve to the PCV and then to the throttle body, it's closer to the throttle body, you can take it out and clean with a spray injector cleaner and shaking it

Last edited:

Top Bottom