How to Drain My Swift's Fuel Tank?

There is a drain bolt in the bottom which can drain the fuel from the tank, check with any petrol bunk guy they are very familiar with this due to wrong fuel being filled by them to a different fuel car eg : when they fill diesel for a petrol car they use this drain bolt method remove all the fuel from the tank

Thread Starter #3
infact i dodnt want to drain entire fuel but just a litre!!
if i open the bolt that would waste a lot of fuel!!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
and why do you want that ? just curious ? if you want just 1 liter then just drive till you run out of fuel.

i think then only little bit of fuel will be left. just keep 2 , 2 liters petrol bottle with you.

Thread Starter #5
he he ..you have interpreted me in a wrong way..i want to fill my1 litre bottle with petrol and not keep 1 litre petrol in fuel tank!!

I've heard this but not tried myself - insert a tube in the fuel tank, suck on it for a few seconds and when you feel the liquid coming up, quickly remove from your mouth and insert in a container. I was told this is how fuel is stolen at workshops etc.

@ tejaslalit: if you want to have 1 litre of petrol, i will suggest you to drive to petrol pump with an empty bottle, fill it up there. It will be easier and convenient for you rather than trying to get 1 ltr. of petrol from the tank of your car. :stupid:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
oh my bad. But i agree with disrespective and himalayan.

Direspective's suggestion is really good and only meant for those who have done this before or else you will end up tasting petrol.

Direspective's suggestion is really good and only meant for those who have done this before or else you will end up tasting petrol.
Ha Ha, You are right, i had tasted petrol sometimes. Then my father thought me another method. Just put the tube fully inside the tank so that only tip is outside of the tank. Then block the mouth of the tube tightly so that no air goes inside. Now when you pull the tube out [not fully] you can see the petrol stuck at one point. Make sure you take out good amount of tube with petrol and then open the mouth at the bottle. that is it.

I use the same method for cleaning my fish tank.

Hope if you are chemistry student you should have done this so many times in lab in small way[;)]

I dont know the reason, couple of time i got into a situation where I have tank dry in my bike and tank full in car. and I want fuel in my bike. [frustration]

Are you in the same situation?

I've heard this but not tried myself - insert a tube in the fuel tank, suck on it for a few seconds and when you feel the liquid coming up, quickly remove from your mouth and insert in a container. I was told this is how fuel is stolen at workshops etc.
That is the only way to do what you want. But beware, if you haven't done this before, you might suck up a lot of fumes (which would make you dizzy) or even worse petrol.

Spell his handle incorrectly again and he'll kill you!! [evil]

freakdude.

Well, if you want to take 1l out , it’s called siphoning or something else. But definitely not drain :)

Most aquariums have this apparatus (some look a little different, but all work the same)

White-Aquarium-font-b-Siphon-b-font-Vacuum-Cleaner-Pump-for-font-b-Fish-b-font.jpg

If you can get this and cut the bottom filter out, you can without having a chance to taste petrol :)

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Ha Ha, You are right, i had tasted petrol sometimes. Then my father thought me another method. Just put the tube fully inside the tank so that only tip is outside of the tank. Then block the mouth of the tube tightly so that no air goes inside. Now when you pull the tube out [not fully] you can see the petrol stuck at one point. Make sure you take out good amount of tube with petrol and then open the mouth at the bottle. that is it.
?
i have never done this before [:D] and i don't even want to do this [lol]

Spell his handle incorrectly again and he'll kill you!!

freakdude.
OMG. what did i wrote [lol] apologies disperspective.

Well, if you want to take 1l out , it’s called siphoning or something else. But definitely not drain :)

Most aquariums have this apparatus (some look a little different, but all work the same)

If you can get this and cut the bottom filter out, you can without having a chance to taste petrol :)
it looks like a regular tube, confused.

Or else you can do the task by a long pipe at least 2,3 meters so that you can see the fuel coming out after sucking the pipe, it will also help you not to taste the petrol accidentally. [;)]

Top Bottom