Full Servicing of My Maruti Swift

Thread Starter #1
So I bought an used swift vxi before few months back

I always felt there's some thing wrong with the suspension. Now, just today I brought the car for full service at MASS and here's the list of things that mechanic says needs to be replaced

Engine Oil Helix 10W40 - Rs 1260
Oil filter - Rs 374
Gear oil - 75/W/90 - Rs 1056
Coolent - rs 285
Spark plug set - Rs 272
Jumper kit swift - Rs 1300
Struts assy front SU - Rs 3500 (both front jumpers)
Joint COMP FR stabilizer - Rs 910
Stabilizer Bushings - Rs 36
Suspension overhaul front - labor RS 800

New head lamps and wiring (some thing like 90/110 Volts) - Rs 900 - (currently head light is quite dim)

Car had non-genuine break pads - though they were brand new, I have oped to replace it with genuine - Rs 1500

I show green flag to mechanic and seems every thing would cost me around 15K

Last edited:
Re: Full servicing my swift

90/100 watts headlaps are illigal as well as detrimental to stock alternator and battery setup. Avoid any wiring changes and get a better headlamps like philips extreme else opt for HID.

Thread Starter #3

90/100 watts headlaps are illigal as well as detrimental to stock alternator and battery setup. Avoid any wiring changes and get a better headlamps like philips extreme else opt for HID.
Thanks jaydev for your reply, are you sure philips extreme will improve the light beam ? Also how much philips extreme bulbs costs ?
Also if 100W bulbs are illegal, how does other cars on road has beam powerful then myne.. (I have a brand new battery as well)

Last edited:

I am personally using 90/100W philips bulbs for my swift and not facing any problems with my battery. I agree that it is illegal but it is needed since the road conditions change almost daily here in India. Even HID's are illegal!

Thread Starter #5

@thegreatvp - what relay you have installed ? I think the wiring box that the mechanic showed me was the relay, right ? - And I can always use 55/60 bulbs even if i have relay installed right ?

And btw - how much difference are you observing with 90/100 - does it reduce life of chrome/reflactors ?- have you even been stopped by cop because of this upgrade

Hid's are illegal but they are not as much power hungry as halogens.One of serious issue with 100wts lamp is heat which will eventually damage the reflectors as wells as fade the front fibre shield quickly .

not only Philips extreme but there are few other types e.g night breaker etc, which are brighter than normal lamps. these brighter lamp have special reflectors at the tip which reheat the filament to make it more brighter.
one can expect 30 percent more light without changing wires or going illegal.

Its illegal for sure, i have my friend who uses 130/100 Osram night breakers and it provide hell off a light in high beams and are blinders for opposite cars, but i am sure he doesn't use it extremely at night because even the ceramic holders would not be able to hold that much of heat [lol]

Better go for the legal one's which is 55/60 with Philips or Bosch they last long and more than sufficient for city drives and occasional highway drives

Go legal its more than enough if you have fog lamps accompanying it, i use legal ones and happy with because i don't blind anyone on my opposite side and god has given me a good eye sight sorry to be :offtopic: but please go legal

Last edited:

@thegreatvp - what relay you have installed ? I think the wiring box that the mechanic showed me was the relay, right ? - And I can always use 55/60 bulbs even if i have relay installed right ?

And btw - how much difference are you observing with 90/100 - does it reduce life of chrome/reflactors ?- have you even been stopped by cop because of this upgrade
Hello Sramanandi,
I have installed the Hella kit with the Philips Rally 90/100W bulbs and also the ceramic holders. Yes the black box is the relay. You can switch back to 55/60W bulbs whenever you want to, with/without the relay.
I felt the difference instantly after upgrading to 90/100W from the stock 55/60W bulbs. I know many of my friends using the same setup in their cars without any problems from sometime now, in different cars like ritz, alto K10, swift, sx4 etc. Its risky to put higher wattage bulbs (100W+) which can melt the reflector over a period of time. I would recommend a maximum upgrade to 90/100W bulbs. I haven't been stopped by the cops even once since it is becoming very common here in Bangalore! Hope you find this information useful.

Thread Starter #9
Btw I got lower arms replaced as well, it costed me 3060.
After all this replacements, the suspension has really improved. Happy :)

Top Bottom