Annoying Rattle in Santro Rear View Mirror

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks, I searched and couldnt find a related post hence creating a fresh post. My Santro LS is nearly 10 year old and it has been a very reliable car with hardly any major issues to complain. My rear view mirror rattles when i drive and it becomes very annoying. The roads in my area are all broken and it adds more to it. I complained in the service center and small rod which holds the mirror has got some play and hence it vibrates.The only way is to stop is to replace the whole mirror set. I was looking to buy another car may be in a year so not intersted in buying anything but meanwhile was looking for any ideas to stop it. I confirmed that the rattling is due to the IVRM by holding it with my hand for a moment while driving and it stops. As soon i leave it , it starts rattling.

MODS - Please merge with any relevant post

Why not remove it & replace it with a Windshield mounted rear view mirror? I dont think it will cost much. Chevrolet Beat comes with this type of mirror.

Thread Starter #3
Why not remove it & replace it with a Windshield mounted rear view mirror? I dont think it will cost much. Chevrolet Beat comes with this type of mirror.
Santro RVM is actually a windshield mounted one only. I dont know how to remove it. Going to Hyundai service center is always a costly affair. I was wondering some dampening i can do.

My 2004 Santro Xing also had this problem from the day it was delivered. The service guys could not fix it. Slowly I got used to it [;)]

Santro RVM is actually a windshield mounted one only. I dont know how to remove it. Going to Hyundai service center is always a costly affair. I was wondering some dampening i can do.
Just use 2 drops of quick fix on the mirror where the rod holds the mirror (which helps in adjusting the mirror).

I too had the same problem but it vanished after this.

Thread Starter #6
Oh I didnt knew it is a common problem. Well in my 10 years of ownership the problem developed 2 years back. I find the mirror sturdy its only during the drive that it rattles. Seems i have to live with it.

Top Bottom