Turbo Wastegate Issue in My Mercedes Benz

Thread Starter #1
Hi, my mercedes has 300,000km on it and I think my turbo's wastegate is about to go, it stuck open twice on me already, when I hit 2000rpm and car lost power and all I can hear is the dentist drilling sound...I think the wastegate on the turbo stuck open and lost all it's intake pressure from turbo boost.

Anyway, my other problem is that my engine fan keep turning on after the car is turned off, it drain all my battery, I've try changing the coolant temp. sensor but it still won't work, I'm switching off the engine fan manually after I turn off the car now by disconnect the fuse for the fan.

Any idea how to solve my problem?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Any idea regarding my Mercedes Benz

Anyway, my other problem is that my engine fan keep turning on after the car is turned off, it drain all my battery, I've try changing the coolant temp. sensor but it still won't work, I'm switching off the engine fan manually after I turn off the car now by disconnect the fuse for the fan.
It’s normal in some cars for the radiator fan to start once the ignition is switched off. For how long the fan remains on?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Have you checked fan relay? The contact might have got fused together due to meltdown. Or your sensor circuitory is gone kaput.

regarding the Turbo ,how is the exhaust gas colour?

Top Bottom