Volkswagen Vento TDi Maintenance Query

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,
i have bought a VW Vento TDi(diesel) in the month of may2012 and till recently done around 7500kms on it.
well as per the tdi forums and the manual there can be some engine oil consumption which is normal according to them. the manual says that "OIL CONSUMPTION OF 1 LITER FOR EVERY 2000KMS IS NORMAL".
Now i have till date topped up around 600~700ml of engine oil which was bought by me from the A.S.S.(fully synthetic engine oil 5w-40 bought from VW A.S.S.)
what i would like to know is this that i have read somewhere that vento and polo owners have given their cars for an inspection at around 7000kms for a general check up.
i would like to ask that is it necessary to give these cars for a general check up even if u r topping off engine oils, etc. from time to time? as the service interval for this car is 15000kms.
please advice guys. i keep the car in a good shape. wash it properly and get the air filter cleaned every month.
PLEASE ADVISE GUYS

Re: VW VENTO TDI maintainence query

i own a vw vento tdi highline for the past 20 months and have clocked 36750 kms till date. i have never topped the oil. just gave the car for a check up after say 7000kms. its advisable to give the car for a check up as they frequently update the softwares ( as told me by vw ass ) where do you get the airfilter cleaned every month ? i don't think its needed unless you drive a lot in a very dusty envirnment.

Thread Starter #4
Well the other day i called up the A.S.S.they said if my oil level is perfect then no need for a so called GENERAL CHECK UP. The sa told me that such check ups are required for cars who need a oil top up. Whereas i have already got a jar of 1ltr oil on my last visit..and have topped up oil time to time as required.
Also i know its a bit out of scope question. Can one get the fuel filter cleaned up? I am asking about diesel fuel filter.

Top Bottom