SX4 Needs Repaint and New Bumpers

Thread Starter #1
Guys my SX4(Artic White)'s bumpers are scratched everywhere and I seriously mean everywhere! And the paint has also seemed to crack.So went to the Santoor car care in Pune they quoted a hefty 7.5k for one bumper(painted body colour) and 40k for the whole car repaint. This quotation was completely outrageous as far as my knowledge. When asked the reason, they point out that 2-3 dents have rust on them so they'll need a special treatment. Anyways I wont be doing the paintjob at the Maruti SS.
So guys here are my two plans
Plan A- Full matte black paint. Yes you read it right matte. I know it requires much more extra care but Im completely ready to take on that. Help me expect how much it would cost? Im not worried about the resale issue. And what formalities needs to be carried out with the RTO while changing car colour?
Plan B- If Plan A is costlier than 15-17k . How much would those car foils used by Motormind cost? And because my car has dents, how will they handle with that issue while applying the foil?
Plan C- If Plan B is also costly I would be happy with just normal denting and painjob in the damaged areas.
Thanks,
Daipayan

Attachments

In 40K Maruti would be happy to do the job for you. Try some other competent garage but ensure they have a proper paint booth to do the job. Also, make a few things clear prior to handing over the car, like would they strip the old paint or not, would they do a primer or not, would the interior panels be painted or not.

Not sure how much this would help, we got a friends City painted in Noida for 28K, and they did quite a nice job.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3
In 40K Maruti would be happy to do the job for you. Try some other competent garage but ensure they have a proper paint booth to do the job. Also, make a few things clear prior to handing over the car, like would they strip the old paint or not, would they do a primer or not, would the interior panels be painted or not.

Not sure how much this would help, we got a friends City painted in Noida for 28K, and they did quite a nice job.

freakdude.
Thanks freakdude for the quick reply.A friend's dad has already quoted 20k for the car and had seen his work on a Octavia and the work seemed pretty good.
Btw, what was City painted metallic or the plain one or matte?

Thanks freakdude for the quick reply.A friend's dad has already quoted 20k for the car and had seen his work on a Octavia and the work seemed pretty good.
Btw, what was City painted metallic or the plain one or matte?
WOW 20K is quite a nice price. The city was painted in it original color only, metallic golden shade.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5
freakdude forget 20k that too for just metallic I have seen people doing complete matte black at just 13k!

freakdude forget 20k that too for just metallic I have seen people doing complete matte black at just 13k!
I know what you mean buddy.[:D] I know of a person who got his lancer repainted in mayapuri, delhi for, hold your breath, 9K.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #7
I know what you mean buddy.[:D] I know of a person who got his lancer repainted in mayapuri, delhi for, hold your breath, 9K.

freakdude.
Woaah! 9K that's too cheap to be true man. How was tthe quality of the work?You simply making me more and more impatient to get the job done. :P

Woaah! 9K that's too cheap to be true man. How was tthe quality of the work?You simply making me more and more impatient to get the job done. :P
Below par job, obviously. He had to sell the car,so in an effort to get a better deal he got it fully painted. Don't get tempted with such low price deals.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #9
Below par job, obviously. He had to sell the car,so in an effort to get a better deal he got it fully painted. Don't get tempted with such low price deals.

freakdude.
Thought as much. The job which was done at 13k seem sarisfactory I guess I can expect better work if Im ready to pay almost 5k more. Does the finish of the paint as matte/metallic/gloss difder a lot cost wise?

Thought as much. The job which was done at 13k seem sarisfactory I guess I can expect better work if Im ready to pay almost 5k more. Does the finish of the paint as matte/metallic/gloss difder a lot cost wise?
Yes. Matte is the costliest and most time consuming and should only be given to professionals. Metallic/Gloss is almost the same thing, just the clear coat nature and application differs.

Contact/PM Gurrala74 for more details.

freakdude.

Gloss means the mirror like shine. It's just the clear-coat done at the top of the paint. For understanding this think of a brand new car in black color, best would be Safari Storme, it has this liquid metal kind of feel, this is high gloss. If you didn't mean this, then you might be confusing gloss with pearlescent paint, which is again a different king of paint just like matte.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #13
Thanks freakdude, i kindof got it now. No i know whats pearl paint, the colour seems to change when seen from different angles.

@Daipayan, how about duel paint job , one of them as matte black as a plan D ?
It will really give some clue to MSIL so as to change the dated look.

Thread Starter #15
@Daipayan, how about duel paint job , one of them as matte black as a plan D ?
It will really give some clue to MSIL so as to change the dated look.
Hey tornado I didn't get your point exactly. What do you mean by duel.
Anyways I was planing to add in Plan D, to make the roof and A,B,C Pillars black mostly matte black vinyl and keep the rest of the body as metallic.
I guess that is what you meant right?

Top Bottom