Engine Not Cranking in Ford Fiesta

Thread Starter #1
One of my friend has a ford fiesta and he faced a strange problem 2 days back. As usual in the morning when he tried to crank the engine , it was not happening. It was total dead. He checked the battery, fuses but all seem ok. He then called the service center who towed the vehicle. The service station is struggling since 2 days to find out the issue. They said that they checked all wirings entirely and no issues found. Checked everything but still not able to understand what happened. All seems fine. Any thoughts what could be the reason and what he can do to get i sorted. It is tough for him to survive without his car.

350Z

Core Team
I assume the model in question is Fiesta Classic. How old it is? There are a few possibilities. Insist to recheck the battery related issues and ensure its getting adequate voltage. Yet another reason could be that anti-theft feature isn’t functioning well. Does the red lamp stops flashing as soon as the key is moved to second position?

Drive Safe,
350Z

When the key is turned ON, do all the dash lights flash. Also, get the timing belt checked. It is has snapped or is slipping then you wont get a crank.

freakdude.

Hope they have checked the starter motor. Sometimes starter motors get stuck because of various reasons. In such case nothing will happen when you crank the engine.

Thread Starter #5
Hi All , thanks for your reply. Today went to service center with him but was sitting in the office longue as was feeling lazy in the saturday afternoon. He came and told me that the service station guys say that the engine has been immobilized and they suspect some wire has been cut, But they still not sure what has gone wrong. Also when he moves the key to the second position, the led starts blinking fast. All the dash lights do not flash. The service guys say it is beyond their knowledge and would still work on it and if not sorted by today evening will raise it to ford. Can he claim a standby car as he doesnt have any thing to travel. It is indeed fiesta classic one an half year old.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Hi All, The car got sorted. The service guys said that some wires were cut by rats because of which some ic got sorted and the engine was immobilized. they have restored everything with a bill of 2000rs. Thanks all for your responses.

Top Bottom