Esteem Jerking Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hello dear Petrolheads,

I need your valuable inputs here. I own a 2007 Maruti Esteem VXI and I have been facing this issue from past 8 months and Authorized service center have been able to solve this! So please let me know if any of you have come across the same problem and have resolved it.

The car has a jerking problem(eg- if your are driving without fuel) only in the 2nd Gear, I repeat only in 2nd gear and rarely in 3rd sometimes. It is very irritating when driving in traffic, and everyone in traffic thinks that I am "learner" who does not know to drive!! and this is embarrassing when someone gives you a look when this happens.

I have showed it to Mandovi and other small time service stations, the car would be fine for a kilometer or 2, but after its back to its effect. The only way I avoid the jerks in traffic is if I hold the clutch and drive! So kindly suggest me any alternative if any of you have heard or experienced this problem.

Regards,
Lawrence

Have you checked with MASS on the clutch?

Please give me more info so that we can assist you better -

how much have you Clocked on the ODO -
have you ever done a clutch overhaul ? -

Thread Starter #3
Yes I have checked, MASS said its a spark plug alignment problem and other said its normal in a esteem(which I did not believe) and when checked about clutch- all said the clutch is perfect.

The car is run for 25,000+ and apart from this there is absolutely no issues. I get a good mlge of 12.5 exact no matter how how I drive....

So kindly suggest.

Yes I have checked, MASS said its a spark plug alignment problem and other said its normal in a esteem(which I did not believe) and when checked about clutch- all said the clutch is perfect.

The car is run for 25,000+ and apart from this there is absolutely no issues. I get a good mlge of 12.5 exact no matter how how I drive....

So kindly suggest.
I suggest you consider contacting some good mechanic instead of MASS now, since your saying u have already contacted them with no avail. you never know sometimes mechanics to a good job than MASS

Small Info (might be useful):
I have the same jerking issues in my car, it has reduced ever since I replaced my car's dynamo. I never had this issue till I upgraded my headlamps.

Also I heard that the ignition coil too can be a culprit for the same. If you have any friend's esteem near your home, try swapping his ignition coil (pretty easy DIY) into your car & drive to see if the jerking continues.

Also observe is jerking increases with electrical load i.e does it jerk more when you use AC+HEADLAMP+ICE ?

Thread Starter #13
Hi Lawrence, is the MIL glowing ? Did you check all the sensors ?

I can refer to my Mech if you need any help..but its near Banashankari..
Hi Varun,
All the sensors are perfect, no problem with that.. and again I would like to remind u that the jerking is only with 2nd gear!!

Varun could u provide me the contact details of the service center in bsk

Sorry
Opening a old thread.....but what was the fault and further solution to this?
I too feel this thing sometimes, (Though I'm only a 10000 km old driver with 2 years experience).

Top Bottom