Tata Manza - Known Problems and Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hello all: As we Manza owners in this TAI forum discussed in HR's thread before I m opening a new thread for the known problems and its solutions in Manza. I searched for this and saw that it was still not opened. So creating a new thread. if its already created, Pls merge with that thread. Also pls move this thread to appropriate section if this is not the right one.

Mostly known problem - The suspension noise . Solution is ARB bush (Anti Roll Bar) upgrade. This is applicable for upto 2011 Manufacture Manza I think

Last edited:
Re: Known problems and solutions in Manza

Hi, Can the name of this tread be changed to TATA MANZA - Known problems and solutions. It will be easier to find this thread in google search this way, I guess.

Now my problem is lack of underthigh support on drivers seat for my ht.180 cm with the running on bit higher side I fill little uncomfortable with it , mine is AURA model, . Please suggest me.

Thread Starter #4

Now my problem is lack of underthigh support on drivers seat for my ht.180 cm with the running on bit higher side I fill little uncomfortable with it , mine is AURA model, . Please suggest me.
Can this be taken as a problem. Its some times subjective. Is it possible to change the seat to a new lengthier so that tall people thighs will have support

Hi All,

The Maojor problems I faced with my Manza are:

1. Front suspension noise (Very Irritating)
2. DIS shows distance to empty as 'Err' when tank is full. For next 40-50Km drive this will be repeating. Later it will show correctly.
3. Car failed to start

Solution:
1. Replace the front Anti Roll bar (ARB), this is a design issue. The noise is gone after replacement
2. Replaced the DIS under warranty, now there is no err message.
3. There was some electrical problem which was resolved by TASS.

The ARB is a common problem in some batches of manza and it can be solved by replacing it for free at TASS. After the replacement it even more satisfying to drive my car. [;)]

These are the qoutes dragged from ownership threads of fellow TAI an Rudolf and mine regarding hard clutch problem of manza ,hope these help here Because I learnt from TASS that Clutch repair /replacement is not covered under warranty cover.Is it true?
For last month or so I have been driving more in city roads. Whenever I drove on highways did not realize that the clutch was so hard because of less usage. After recent driving in traffic roads felt much pain in leg after lots of clutch usage. Felt clutch to be too hard. Is it similar in your cars also. @HR, tornado, autosafari
I am used to it. So I cannot comment if it is hard or not. As far as it being painful in city - I haven't felt any pain in city driving.
Clutch feeling is normal in my car.

{Just a suggestion:
In Bangalore traffic, I would suggest you to be in 2nd gear. It will help moving in 2nd gear with an rpm of around 1400 than pulling in 3rd gear with a less rpm, say 1000 and applying clutch frequently.

If you are in lower gear and maintain 1400 rpm, FE should be better than pulling at low rpm at higher gear. Also less strain for the engine.

You can overcome the difficulty due to turbo lag also by doing as above}
At the time of 5 kkm servicing , CRM Naw TASS drove my car for few meters and asked me wheather I get pain in left leg in b2b city night traffic,. I said ' no'. He asked me to check it as he felt that the clutch is hard.

Few days later, being conscious about it, I started feeling some pain. I took it to NAW TASS PUNE, CRM had left the job. New CRM called a mecanic who said that it is normal.

Still I feel some discomfort in b2b but I attribute it to lack of exercise on the part of me.

Yesterday, one SA took td of my car after tyre rotation, he didn't said anything.
Yesterday I had gone to MANDAI area in pune, it is always b2b traffic there, found that the clutch is very hard, while changing to reverse gear engine was making noise unless I floor the cluth very hard.
Today, I have given the car for clutch problem. SA said that he will update me on clutch problem .I will do same here.

@rudolf, please update here earliest about clutch , so that tommorrow If can reach well informed at the NAW pune workshop to check the work done by them.
What about the hard clutch,? What did they done?
Now it fells some what lighter compared to before. They clenaed the clutch fork and some lubrication.
SA Rahul attended me.I asked him to check the cluth, He said it is 'too hard', promised to get both the problems solved by morrow.

I told the lady incharge that I will not leave the workshop till my car is taken on ramps.
Since last 2 days (appro x 1500 km from last TASS visit for clutch setting) the clutch is hard again both on highway and city road.
Also the bonnet lock has gone kaput (unable to lock)

Today went to National Autowheels pune TASS, SA (Same who attended teh clutch problem last time) said it is too tight. and agreed that engine is also hotter due to the same. and asked me to bring the car morrow morning.

One thing I noted since the tight clutch, that rpm levels go higher than expected even with little pressing of accelerator while on road.
Today,

bonnet lock was replaced as the locking rod attached to the bonnet lid had gone missing cost Rs 100 + labour charges Rs 100 .

Clutch was checked and some greece lubrication was done. Now it is soft as before. The mechanic said that they have tried their level best to save my money becoz if clutch plate needs to be changed then cost is approx.Rs 11000.

I managed to establish contact with a person inside with the help of my friend.
Then the things moved faster than ever.

Also fitted two new wheel plates @Rs560 /plate ,as I lost one at the time of wheel rotation and one' during highspeed driving last fortnight.

Last edited:
First, for all your unresolved problems, please send a email to 'customercare@tatamotors.com' , mentioning your car’s chassis number and the problem. Also mentioned the service station's response.

Some Known issues faced across Manzas:

Problem

High beam not focused properly

Solution

tASS will try and tell you that there are no separate adjustment for the high beam alone. Got it resolved after a complaint to Tata Motors. The high beam has separate screws (2 each side one for horizontal and one for vertical adjustment). These need to be adjusted keeping the low beam at the highest level.

Problem

Indicator stalk assembly – at times all the lights in the instrumental panel flicker once, when the stalk is used.

Solution

Replaced under warranty without any questions asked.

Problem

Power window master control switch malfunction.

Solution

Problem

ARB bushes – noise while going over smooth speed breakers

Solution

Problem

AC air inlet damper assembly – was making a tuk, tuk sound when the switch was in recycle position

Solution

Apart from this, My car had the following issues

Problem

Seat belts not retracting – had to push them back into the socket

Solution

After a lot of arguments and a complaint to Tata Motors – replaced under warranty

Problem

Water got inside one fog light while driving through a flooded road

Solution

Replaced under warranty - Tata CRO instructed the tASS to replace it.

Problem

Gear lever had sideways play

Solution

Replace the gear cable bracket and adjusted some screws, which has led to another problem listed below

Problem

Gear lever not moving smoothly – makes some noise and something is obstructing its movement. Nothing to do with the gears.

Solution

They tried adjusting it and gave up. Ordered for a new gear lever assembly. They have informed me that the part has arrived. I will give the car this Thursday for replacement

: what happen to manza's wheel cups on back of his manza seems both left and right wheel cups are missing.
Another example of the quality of tASS [frustration]
@ HR, I too purchased two wheel plates for my manza , cost me Rs 560 per plate at TASS, NAW Pune.
How much they cost you? Was it purchased at TASS or other shop ?
These wheel covers were purchased at a local shop.They cost 150 rs per piece. These also have the Tata logo.

The original wheel cover from tASS costs around 1000 bucks here in Bangalore. You got it for 560 bucks in your place. But they charged you for replacing the ARB bushes. Here they have replaced the ARB bushes twice free of charge, the last time at 30000 kms, and charge 1000 odd for wheel cover. Concorde in Bangalore charges for 3.2 lts of oil, whereas in Chennai they charge for 3.5 lts. Don't know who is cheating who. [confused]
fitted two new wheel plates,as I lost one at the time of wheel rotation and one' during highspeed driving last fortnight.
It is clear from above mentioned a quotes that
1)TASSs are poor in proper replacement of wheel caps too, after wheel rotation.
2) there is wide discrepancy in rates of spares.

Last edited:
Beware beware beware, If you feel hard clutch,do not take chances.
I had similar hard clutch issue in my Vista and it broke in middle of road. car had to be towed 21km to Tass.

Problem

Noise from Rear Seat Lock

Solution

Fold Back the Seat and add Insulation tape around the rod where the seat gets locked. this solution will last for few thousand kms and you have to re-do this again.

@ SandeepJohn, Since the above solution is a DIY, can you please post a picture of where you have fixed the tape? This will be very helpful.

Can you also mention what type of noise? Is it a rattle?

Thread Starter #12
Problem

Noise from Rear Seat Lock

Solution

Fold Back the Seat and add Insulation tape around the rod where the seat gets locked. this solution will last for few thousand kms and you have to re-do this again.
Will this solve for rear boot door noise problem. Some times i fell it may be coming from the rear seat. Can you post some pics of where you have done the DIY

The Photos identify the knob to be pulled up to fold the seat and the Rod to be added with insulation tape. (Sorry for the low quality image)

it was not rattling noise but screeching noise from back seat.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for uploading the pic. Will help if I come across similar problem

Will this solve for rear boot door noise problem. Some times i fell it may be coming from the rear seat.
Is your noise sort of "TIC TIC" I had that kind of sound coming from my cars rear side even on smooth roads. Finally it was some rivet that was loose below the rear seat. They fixed it and now no sound.

The Noise was not "TIC TIC" but "screeching" kindl of noise from seat top mostly on even roads.

May be i must also check the rear seat bottom seating nuts (Had seen those when the seat work was done)

Top Bottom