A/C Not Working in Maruti Alto K10

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends.i have alto k10.the car is 1 year old now last 2-3 month the Car AC is not working and we on the ac Smell bad and the engine is too noise.i check the Maruti services station he said some wiring issues and some leakage he said directly said it repairing cost approx 6000 rs[frustration].the maruti service person is also not sure..what can i do..any idea of it[cry][cry]

Re: AC not working in Alto k10.

@IM

There are people in everyplace who only do the AC jobs on cars, if you can try and find one then they will do perfect diagnosis and charge you less with perfect job done !!

I have this experience of Zen D of my FIL, where Maruti quoted some 12000/- and we got the job done for Rs.4000 with complete satisfaction and AC is perfect from then.

Indian_Mustang;226092i check the Maruti services station he said some wiring issues and some leakage he said directly said it repairing cost approx 6000 rs[frustration said:
.the maruti service person is also not sure..what can i do..any idea of it
Isn't your car covered under warranty, i guess the ASS should replace this with no cost passed on to you.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

even if you bought a second hand car , the warranty becomes void only if the first owner didn't get the service done as per the manual.

do ask the nearest maruti service center before getting anything from outside.

and i'll recommend getting it done at the service center.

check this out.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...undai-trio-santro-i10-verna-2.html#post171061

this part failed and i got the gas refueling done from outside for 1200 rupees and after 4-6 months ac stopped again. so get it checked from maruti.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

the Maruti services station he said some wiring issues and some leakage he said directly said it repairing cost approx 6000 rs.the maruti service person is also not sure.[frustration]
i want to waht isssue with ac..any idea any part failer ? if in case i want to change ac and get new what the cost of it..?

Thread Starter #7

Your Information is very help ful sir .but it also and apply able for me ? because different company and different engine [surprise]

There are many parts in A/C which makes it not to work. First thing get the compressor clutch checked, check all the pipes for leakages. Finally the expansion valve near cooling coil.

BTW : Does it atleast work for few minutes ? If yes two reasons as said above.

@IM

If you bought a used one, then you should be ready for such surprises depending upon its age and kilometers run and also how the earlier owner handled it.

Once issues is cropped up, then go the the Maruti service and get the job done or else as suggested by me in my earlier post, catch hold of a AC mechanic and get the job done.

Instead of this are you expecting a mechanic in TAI forum who can solve your problem online ??[surprise]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
the Maruti services station he said some wiring issues and some leakage he said directly said it repairing cost approx 6000 rs.the maruti service person is also not sure.[frustration]
i want to waht isssue with ac..any idea any part failer ? if in case i want to change ac and get new what the cost of it..?
ok do this. confirm from maruti what all parts needs to be changed , get the estimate ( 6000 rupees )

and then go to a local car market like gurulla suggested and ask the local ac person to check. don't tell him maruti guy said this this.

after he thoroughly inspects the car , ask his suggestion on what all parts needs to be changed and then tell him all the things the maruti guy said.

@ Varun No bro When i on the AC.Smell bad and the engine is too noisy. :(
By this we can say that the compressor belt is stretched or the clutch has been worn out. Get these checked.

Try switching on A/C and check whether the intake pipe in the bonnet (connected to compressor) gets cool.
If yes it is working.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

@IM

If you bought a used one, then you should be ready for such surprises depending upon its age and kilometers run and also how the earlier owner handled it.

Once issues is cropped up, then go the the Maruti service and get the job done or else as suggested by me in my earlier post, catch hold of a AC mechanic and get the job done.

Instead of this are you expecting a mechanic in TAI forum who can solve your problem online ??[surprise]
sir.this whole story of car
the car i bought is my father closet friend.he is now in USA . when ever he came to India he buy New car like alto and all small and low price car for using 6-8 month after he sold out this time my papa said to him to get this car.when we bought the car the car run only 10000 approx.the car is good condition and driven only because when he came back to India He got to long trip with his 3 people family.as i say the car is good.AC is working but last 2-3 month is behave like this !

2.i`m very disappointed with that Ur saying[anger] "expecting a mechanic in TAI forum " no no no.i wanted to just what are the issue. !!!

3.this is our first car .the previous is a maruti 800.

4.one more thing my friend has the maruti alto lxi he has same problem sand after he repaired from ASS of maruti .the bill amount 24000 [frustration]. same overhuling of engine .the issue start with AC thats why im sacred..of it

Thanks For the Help

Thread Starter #14
[cry]I Huge thanks To @ Gurrala74,Varun560061,allhyundaicars,visran after finish all festival and vacation i go for local ac repaire and ASS of maruti [:D]

Top Bottom