Regular Safety Checks You Should Make to Your Vehicle

Thread Starter #1
We all love our cars. We spend a huge amount of cash each year on them, either in maintenance, petrol or car finance repayments. This should make us want to take care of our vehicles, so they don’t throw up any issues down the road. A car is composed of mechanical and electrical components and systems. Some of these practically require no-to-little maintenance and some may require regular, periodic maintenance. Even new cars need attention, so it is important that every car owner is literate about which safety checks need to be done to their car and when they need to be done. This will prevent unnecessary breakdowns and will ensure that the car owner, and passengers are safe when on the road.

Guru's of Forum please do share your thoughts and tips regarding this matter.

Starting from Air pressure in tires, brake pads, coolant level, oil level, seat belts.

Also check for first aid kit, jack. Battery voltage, HL and other bulbs. Door locks.
Fuel lines to be checked regularly for any leaks. Etc.

Wheel alignment,balancing etc.

Good initiative Visran and thank for every ones suggestions/ideas. But do you need to check coolant every month? assume if it is not up-to the mark what should be done?

Very good thread. There is also one more idea that if you cannot check them perfectly, they Maruti has 9 point check quick service will give the car back in 2 hrs with nice wash. The service cost is Rs.350/- and any addition of items will be charged extra !! ofcourse labor is extra too. But this is a nice way of checking all the important things in a professional way and have peace of mind. I frequently go for this whenever my car is dirty inside.

Very good thread. There is also one more idea that if you cannot check them perfectly, they Maruti has 9 point check quick service will give the car back in 2 hrs with nice wash. The service cost is Rs.350/- and any addition of items will be charged extra !! ofcourse labor is extra too. But this is a nice way of checking all the important things in a professional way and have peace of mind. I frequently go for this whenever my car is dirty inside.
I do that for a long drive [say more than 500 KMs] It is really good and VFM also. Apart from that cleaning [Both interior/exterior] is my weekly job. Every Monday [weekly off] i spent nearly 1 and a half hours on cleaning. Once in a month I do clean the interior using vacuam cleaner. I love washing/cleaning my car. You can see a smily on your face once you see your car shining after YOU cleaned it.

I do that for a long drive [say more than 500 KMs] It is really good and VFM also. Apart from that cleaning [Both interior/exterior] is my weekly job. Every Monday [weekly off] i spent nearly 1 and a half hours on cleaning. Once in a month I do clean the interior using vacuam cleaner. I love washing/cleaning my car. You can see a smily on your face once you see your car shining after YOU cleaned it.
Yes, Mr.DIY sir, but you know I am lazy for such things. My office person will wash it externally whenever it is dirty and for the thorough experience I depend on the service center most of the times[:)]

Nothing to offend you sir. I dont do any work outs. I take that as an opportunity for as a workout at-least once in a month.

you love your car in different way sir.

Top Bottom