The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Services Reviews (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/services-reviews/)
-   -   Car AC Service in Chennai (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/services-reviews/26061-car-ac-service-chennai.html)

pravin1987 26th April 2016 08:18 AM

Car AC Service in Chennai

The summer in chennai is going from bad to worse. The Air con was good but not great. I have to keep it at 3rd speed in city. Came up the idea of servicing.

TASS said cooling coil issues quoted 5100 for the cooling coil. 1200 for gas refill. 1200 for cleaning and labour 1000.

Checked with lot of other service centers the quote was 10,000, 8000 and so on. I would have loved to service the AC at suresh AC service T nagar but he was busy and it would take a week.

This guy name is Kamal. He is not fully equipped. But very knowledgable. He did a pressure test and compressor is good. Then he said, we may have not refill and do a clean up.

the total cost is 2000 for cleaning the cooling coil, condensor, dashboard clean up, gas refill. Found a lot of debris in the coil and AC pipes.

He said if the car doesn't have a AC filter, it's always good to run the vechile with windows down for few minutes and switch on the AC and use re-circulation mode. Fresh air attracts a lot of dust and debris.

He was also servicing Benz, a lot of xylo and indica and sumo. Overall a pleasent experience. He gave a detailed explanation of what has to be done and the costs.

jazzyb5454 26th April 2016 12:21 PM

Re: AC service

Thanks for the info, may be i will tell the VW Service guys to clean all the pipes.

pravin1987 26th April 2016 05:53 PM

Re: Car AC Service in Chennai

forgot to share the location. the shop is in ayyanpanthangal. if one is coming from porur side, take the u turn at iyypanthangal bus depot, few meters moore super market is there and 3rd shop is jai automobiles. kindly PM me if any one needs his number.

jazzyb5454 27th April 2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravin1987 (Post 497639)

the total cost is 2000 for cleaning the cooling coil, condensor, dashboard clean up, gas refill. Found a lot of debris in the coil and AC pipes.

The same problem was with my new car.

chevrolet 27th April 2016 07:27 PM

Pravin do you often use the outside air mode, when using ac?

pravin1987 27th April 2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevrolet (Post 497923)
Pravin do you often use the outside air mode, when using ac?

yup my dad has a breathing problems, so i use the fresh air mode. But according to the techinician, if the car does not have a AC filter and the AC is used in fresh air mode, dust accumulation is inevitable and cooling will reduce.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzyb5454 (Post 497867)
The same problem was with my new car.

what is the status of the problem? is the air con working well?

bharathi4747 2nd May 2016 05:03 PM

Hi,
I stay at pallikaranai. Is there any good Car AC service near by ?