The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Services Reviews (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/services-reviews/)
-   -   Paint Shops in Trivandrum (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/services-reviews/21494-paint-shops-trivandrum.html)

deville_56 21st April 2015 10:09 AM

For guys looking for painting solutions in Trivandrum. Will list as separate posts with reviews.

Ajith

This is the guy I met with accidentally as referral from a friend. He is cheap, but outcome is factory perfect. Only drawback, runs in an open yard, no professional paint booth. He does stripped down, ground up painting and restoration of oldies.

Experiences:
1. I painted Beat all panels except hood and roof for mere 9k, including fixing torn bumper. Chevy charges 3-4k per panel and replace the bumper, 15-20k in my estimate. Plus got full polishing and interior cleaning for free.

2. Did i20 for 8k, fixing a torn bumper, mending an almost impossible to repair rear door, and a slightly deformed rear bumper. Hyundai dealer wound have changed door and both bumper and again charged 3-4k per panel, 15-20k estimate. Could have claimed for door at dealer. Again free polishing and full wash.

3. Polo was painted at 5k, 2 bumpers, rear quarter panel, bonnet, straightening 2 running boards, free polishing.

4. Baleno, repairing badly damaged rear quarter panel and rear bumper, 3k.

When I started going there, it was a small time setup with guys looking for cheap painting, mostly retest jobs and worthless to invest much cars like old 800s and jeeps. Yesterday, there were lot of brand new cars, even elite i20, brand new honda city, both referred by dealers themselves. Some rare stuff like SS80, Dophin, Contessa and Morris minor were being worked ground up. One of the biggest custom paint guys, does base coat from the same guy.

Pros: Good job, cheap rates, delivery in promised time, fixes torn and severely damaged panels, recommends replacement only if absolutely necessary. Free polishing and sometimes interior cleaning. Spot estimate.
Cons: No paint booth, open air painting. No insurance claims.

Contact>>>096339 71933
How to reach>>Ajith Automobiles

VISHNUCARCRAZY 21st April 2015 10:30 AM

Re: Paint Shops in Trivandrum

There is one shop near Melaranoor ,near to Rajiv Gandhi Centre for biotechnology.
Labour charges- Moderate
Cons- Paint mostly if it is rare colours like one limited to models- Elite i 20 has pristine blue like that,then paint must be brought and given to them.
My friend had given his verna there,luckily the same day 3 other cars of hyundai haaving same white shade was there,so they bought paint in bulk hence paint cost was shared by three.

Spray painting works are neat.
I would give them 9/10.

Another issue is that vehicle park lot is not there.

deville_56 21st April 2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VISHNUCARCRAZY (Post 442331)
There is one shop near Melaranoor ,near to Rajiv Gandhi Centre for biotechnology.
Labour charges- Moderate
Cons- Paint mostly if it is rare colours like one limited to models- Elite i 20 has pristine blue like that,then paint must be brought and given to them.
My friend had given his verna there,luckily the same day 3 other cars of hyundai haaving same white shade was there,so they bought paint in bulk hence paint cost was shared by three.

I would give them 9/10.

The guy in corner right, just after the Bike mechanic??

vishnu vichu 24th April 2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VISHNUCARCRAZY (Post 442331)
Labour charges- Moderate

I would give them 9/10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deville_56 (Post 442332)

I've done some paint job for my amaze from there and it was pretty neat.

msjawahar 24th April 2015 02:22 PM

There is a guy named MUKUNDAN. His paint work-shop is after the KIMS hospital in the road towards Kumarapuram. His work is excellent.

VISHNUCARCRAZY 24th April 2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deville_56 (Post 442332)

Yes.It is the shop next to the bike workshop.

ranjith1978 18th October 2015 11:23 AM

There is a car painting company called 'Dupont Car Paints' in Thycaud, Trivandrum. They are also providing painting services at low cost.

VISHNUCARCRAZY 24th November 2016 02:17 PM

Hilton Hyundai service centre is now open for detailing works and painting works for "All cars "
I did my swift's rear bumper dent fixing there ,and work was neat ,and rate was also moderate.
Vehicle stood there for 2 days ,and the kilometres covered inside the bay was just 1.5km too(Thereby proving that the ride wasn't used for buying paint and other components).

deville_56 30th November 2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VISHNUCARCRAZY (Post 520517)
Hilton Hyundai service centre is now open for detailing works and painting works for "All cars "
I did my swift's rear bumper dent fixing there ,and work was neat ,and rate was also moderate.
Vehicle stood there for 2 days ,and the kilometres covered inside the bay was just 1.5km too(Thereby proving that the ride wasn't used for buying paint and other components).

Hilton lost its Hyundai dealership, so is open to painting and detailing and may be repair all brand cars. They do painting and detailing under name Auto Glaze.

kenlitting 22nd April 2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deville_56 (Post 442323)
For guys looking for painting solutions in Trivandrum. Will list as separate posts with reviews.

Ajith

This is the guy I met with accidentally as referral from a friend. He is cheap, but outcome is factory perfect. Only drawback, runs in an open yard, no professional paint booth. He does stripped down, ground up painting and restoration of oldies.

Experiences:
1. I painted Beat all panels except hood and roof for mere 9k, including fixing torn bumper. Chevy charges 3-4k per panel and replace the bumper, 15-20k in my estimate. Plus got full polishing and interior cleaning for free.

2. Did i20 for 8k, fixing a torn bumper, mending an almost impossible to repair rear door, and a slightly deformed rear bumper. Hyundai dealer wound have changed door and both bumper and again charged 3-4k per panel, 15-20k estimate. Could have claimed for door at dealer. Again free polishing and full wash.

3. Polo was painted at 5k, 2 bumpers, rear quarter panel, bonnet, straightening 2 running boards, free polishing.

4. Baleno, repairing badly damaged rear quarter panel and rear bumper, 3k.

When I started going there, it was a small time setup with guys looking for cheap painting, mostly retest jobs and worthless to invest much cars like old 800s and jeeps. Yesterday, there were lot of brand new cars, even elite i20, brand new honda city, both referred by dealers themselves. Some rare stuff like SS80, Dophin, Contessa and Morris minor were being worked ground up. One of the biggest custom paint guys, does base coat from the same guy.

Pros: Good job, cheap rates, delivery in promised time, fixes torn and severely damaged panels, recommends replacement only if absolutely necessary. Free polishing and sometimes interior cleaning. Spot estimate.
Cons: No paint booth, open air painting. No insurance claims.

Contact>>>096339 71933
How to reach>>Ajith Automobiles

Had my EON car bumper repainted . Nice humble guy , work is good and moderately cheap also, he actually has 2 painting outlets at Trivandrum.

deville_56 24th April 2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenlitting (Post 536133)
Had my EON car bumper repainted . Nice humble guy , work is good and moderately cheap also, he actually has 2 painting outlets at Trivandrum.

Never knew that. Where is the other shop?

kenlitting 25th April 2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deville_56 (Post 536522)
Never knew that. Where is the other shop?

The new paint workshop is the one you mentioned i think see link https://www.google.co.in/maps/@8.5089571,76.9891388,18z . The other old one is on the same road maruthankuzhi valiyavila road continue for about 0.5 km towards valiyavila an old workshop with painting the entrance board is blue coloured.