3M Car Care New Delhi (Kailash Colony) Review

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
There's hardly any car enthusiast who wouldn't have heard about the 3M Car Care Services. Until sometime back, it had outlets only in western and southern part of India while folks like me in the North who were eager to pamper their rides either had to spend hours doing the job by self or settle with less-professional services. Fortunately, 3M announced opening of its first ever store in North region last October in Gurgaon and subsequently second outlet was opened up much nearer to me in Kailash Colony. Guess what? This franchise is owned by none other than India's best rally driver: Gaurav Gill. (Exclusive Interview: Gaurav Gill. India's Ace Rally Driver). Earlier this month, he invited us to experience this facility for a thorough exterior and interior treatment. I'll allow pictures to speak rest of the story but in short:

This was the condition of my car right before taking it to Gill's 3M.

Finally this is how it looked when delivered in the evening after five hours of job. A weekend well-spent. [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
I was promptly attended by the friendly staff upon arriving at the 3M Car Care Center.

Here's Gaurav Gill posing with his exceptionally well-maintained BMW 320d.

The view inside was impressive.

Particularly this.

For once, it's hard to believe that this car is well-over a decade old (on stock paint). :eek:

Owner of this Merc W124, who's obviously a die-hard petrolhead, is a regular customer of 3M (Kailash Colony).

First thing the owner did after buying this second-hand car was to replace those boring alloys. New set looks stunning. Doesn't it?

Here's that cheerful gentleman. He also owns a W123. Had a brilliant time discussing with him about cars and of course, TAI.

The reception-cum-lounge.

Finally I have found a place where I can find genuine Meguiar's products in Delhi.

Proudly showcased on top of the shelf are the numerous trophies won by Gaurav.

Several posters are pasted on the wall informing about the different services on offer.

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
The washing bay area is outside with sufficient arrangement of lighting for evenings.

The owner can conveniently watch their car getting washed from inside through a wide window.

Considering the posh location, this particular store has a clientele of high-end car owners.

According to Gaurav, Maserati GT experiences a tough time to climb up due to a lower ground clearance.

Don't go by the size of these bottles. Each one is well-worth over Rs.5,000 bucks.

Simply foam wash alone did wonders. Exterior treatment in progress.

All areas prone to be affected by the paste are neatly covered up.

Tar and bug marks were removed during the first phase itself during wash.

Second step involves surface glazing using expensive 3M Polish which is applied through an automated buffer.

It offers a perfection which isn't easy to achieve manually by hands.

I must admit, the attention to detail of these folks is truly worth applause.

This process was repeated numerous times across the car and also consumed the maximum time.

Meanwhile on the other side, a not-too-well-kept Honda City getting the much required exterior treatment done.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
Parts prone to be soiled are covered using masking tape, including chrome surround of the front grille…

Window beadings...

Roof beading...

And even the edges of door handles!

Every badge (whether a sticker or an emblem) is wrapped up with just as much attention.

All glasses are also covered with a separate sheet of recycled paper.

Only the edges are covered of the headlamps and taillamps.

ORVMs left uncovered because they aren't prone to be affected by the buffer. They're polished in the final phase.

I clicked this image with an intent to show the difference between polished and unpolished area (since the badge was covered).

Picture isn't doing the full justice due to excess brightness but the difference is evident on a closer look.

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
A scratch before the exterior treatment.

Same scratch after the exterior treatment. Oh, well. What scratch? :biggrin:

Yet another scratch (this one was a mischief of someone at Ford's service center)

The scratch is almost gone. I mention 'almost' because it has cut through the clear coat and actually impossible to remove.

Taking off the paper sheets and tape after completing the waxing job.

Cleaning the dust particles left on the body after removing the sheets through high-pressure air.

A two step ladder is used for convenient access to efficiently clean the roof.

Alloys were cleaned with an equal care. Half of the tyre is polished and the difference is clearly noticeable.

It was over 8 PM and time to wrap up for the day but yet not even a single worker showed a slightest sign of hurrying.

Performing the final cleaning before handing over the car to me.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Voila! There it is. I was literally left stunned. Just couldn't resist drooling over the car for sometime.

Observe the neat creases and a crystal clear shine.

Forget the showroom condition; it was as if the car rolled out ovenfresh straight out of the plant.

Someone rightly said, do what you love and you'll never work for a single day in your life.

This aptly fits to the team of 15 workers plus managers who are a bunch of passionate + knowledgeable fellows. Needless to mention, it shows.

You see a sense of satisfaction in the eyes of all workers once they complete their job. They religiously click pictures of every car they work on.

My Fiesta is new-like again. Sharing a few shots of different angles.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team

Address:

• A-20 Kailash Colony Main Road, Opp. Metro Pillar #79,
  • Near Kailash Colony Metro Station, New Delhi - 110048.
  • Phone: 011-41066990, 8800004643 (All days open)
Services Available:

• Vinyl Wraps

• Interiors Enrichment

• Exterior Beautification

• Scotchguard Protector

• Anti-corrosion Treatment

• Paint Protection Treatment

• GermiKleen (Car Disinfecting)

• Premium Interiors Enrichment

• Scratch Removal and Surface Refinement

• Paint Protection and Scratch Removal For Bikes
You'll Love:

• Prominent location. Store is located on the main road and easy to find.

• Extremely diligent and friendly staff. They do know what they are doing.

• Job is taken care of upto satisfaction levels (without pointing out). I doubt if anyone will be left with any chance to complaint in regard to this.
You'll Loathe:

• This store is relatively small in size (3M Gurgaon facility is bigger).

• Store can accommodate maximum 5 cars inside and workers can only work on two at a time depending upon the task.

• Natural elite clientele has ironically restricted this specifc center to exotic cars for most part. Many are still unaware that it serves small cars too.

The Automotive India Star Ratings:

• Punctuality............:
    (This kind of detailing demands ample of time. One must plan their schedule prior accordingly)

• Staff Courtesy.......:
    (Each and every staff member was courteous throughout and patiently answered to my queries)

• Service & Products.:
    (A wide range of car care services available but there's still a scope to retail a few more products)

• Value For Money....:
    (You get what you pay for. Pricing is reasonably fine for the standards. Annual package makes a better deal)

• Overall Satisfaction:
    (Exactly the kind of professional car care services I’ve been eyeing for from a very long time)

Related Links:

DISCOUNT EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDIA MEMBERS!

Gaurav frequents our forum (He was in fact reading this when I reached: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...affordable-sports-cars-you-can-buy-india.html) and informed that he'll be delighted to offer services at a discount exclusively for TAI forum members. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Your car always used to shine in the pic, but I must admit it looks sparkling new after the treatment. Good to know that TAI members would get discount and that too at Gaurav gill's store. Make good use of the opportunity Delhi members.

Last edited:
your car looks great shining[:D] as like purchased yesterday only, and also good to hear that TAI members will get discount. if its is possible we can get the price quotes or idea of the services like full car rubbing and polishing as paint protection treatment for hatch or sedan cars.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
good to see your fiesta getting some feast under 3M[evil].No doubt they are the experienced and professional to care about the minutes of details of the ride.
Can you share what package you took and how much did they charged you for this service which would be useful for other members as well.
Yes we have a group here in ahmedabad where we all are being offered discounts at 3M services.
Thankyou for sharing your experience.

Top Bottom