Cheating By Online Tyre Store www.tyreonwheels.com

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have ordered 4 tyres from Buy Car, Bike Tyres & Alloy Wheels Online with India’s First Mobile Tyre Fitting at the doorstep :: TyreOnWheels.com on 28/04/14 by paying the full amount. I have not received the tyres even after one month. After so many calls and emails , they replied to me that the tyres were shipped on 16/05/14 and gave me a AWB no. The AWB no was not working till last day. Now it is showing that the tyres were shipped only on 27/05/14. The tyreonwheels clearly lied to me.
I recommend no one to buy anything from these frauds.

Attachments

I was thinking to use this site for tyre purchase as I am planning to change my stock tyres. But your bad experience with this site has pulled me back from my decision.

Their price & discounts seems mouthwatering and tempting and we do fell in their traps.

It is actually a great business trick. They don't delay all their orders, only a few were delayed. A complete set of tire doesn't cost anything below 12k and think if 100 customers order a tyre set every month and they delay 20 sets for a month, they enjoy as much as 2.5L without interest for a month.

Last edited:
Does anybody has experience of quality of portable car vacuum cleaner,car washer kits available on line?
Vacuum cleaners are generally chinese and are average to bad quality. I bought one 4 years ago and the fan broke in 2 days. Opened up and repaired myself and working ever since. So its your luck.

Buy branded kit, even Indian ones are good. If looking for shampoo can suggest Amway.

I don't think the online store is to be abandoned by this deed.At least they were open in saying what when and where ,while you ordered . Since its an import item ,there is all chance of hanging up somewhere .The AWB bill generation is the actual scam. This I had even seen with e bay. They had even delivered twice for one order ,because they changed awb number also !!! Any way these web sites are just doing B2C business .Only thing that we can do is to be aware of these and don't pay until it reaches us ,means cash on delivery only.

Once you get the tire check the manufacture date .This is one place where we can be fooled .
BTW which tire did you order ? How much you paid ? Accidentally I got some pricing of imported tires and surprised to see the variation in the M R P. I am curious about the additional duties that our customs add .

Hi,
As Anshuman8 said, they may work as an intermediate brokers. I believe, Once you order with the cash, then only the tyres will be imported.

I am a regular buyer of online tyres on tyreonwheels and i have never face any problem and satisfied with their services and also recomended to many friends & their feed back is also good.

Somehow I feel that online shops for any product be it tyres, electronics etc can never replace the traditional brick and mortar store. You simply do not have the option to try different products which the traditional stores allow. Also, they seem to work on discount model, so most of us choose the product based on the discounted mrp rather than trying another product that might be much more better but slightly more expensive. Also, the return and arbitration policies are more of any eye wash.
PS: I'm not implying that online stores don't work, but there is always a scope of customer dissatisfaction. Also, how many of us has actually read the entire T&C of such websites?

Same issue. I got caught and no response

- You don't get line in the provided contact number easily
- If you ask the right questions (though you being polite) people will be raise voice and get rough if they do not know the answer
- No responses for email will be given
- You will get all fake delivery details (false tracking number) (I saw many reviews the same way - Search tyreonwheels review)
- You will never know when/will you will get the tyre

If I don't get a proper response in another 3-5 days am planning to launch complaint. Anyone willing to join me? Even if you had got a late delivery no issues, please do provide me the proofs so I can use it as my citations. I will try speaking for all.

Regards,
Daranivasan.A

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom