Extreme Professional Detalinig (EPD) by Drive Cleanin - Gurubaran

Thread Starter #1
Showcase - Drive Cleanin

Professional detailing services by Gurubaran, who is an enthusiast with immense passion to delivering excellence. Drive Cleanin offers surface treatment for cars (Hatch, Sedan & SUVs) with customized packages depending on treatment needed. At present, Drive Cleanin offers mobile detailing services but has soon planned to open an independent garage.

What I like:
Baran is an absolute delight to talk with. He is an extremely seasoned professional who offers customized services depending on what is required. He is not pushy but patiently listens to the customer's requirement based on which the service will be rendered.

What I don't like:
None as of now!

On taking delivery of my 'Brick Red colored Ertiga, I had to get the surface treatment and paint sealant done as soon as possible. Paint sealant helps to enhance surface durability and also makes cleaning easy. With my requirements set on the table, Baran started detailing following the below procedures meticulously.

Step 1 - Pressure wash followed by Foam wash. The car was then wiped clean using DC Basics Blue Giant Drying Towel.

IMG_20140208_072606.jpg

Step 2 - Claying - This took a bit of time. The ride was just a couple of weeks old but because of the dealer's adamant and mandatory wash & wax session, there was some unknown sticky substance that had formed a harsh layer on paint surface. Claying was necessary to smooth out uneven, rough patches and remove this unknown sticky deposit.

IMG_20140208_081518.jpg

Surface contamination picked up after claying

IMG_20140208_090452.jpg

Step 3 - Spot application of APC to remove water spots and dried polish. Masking emblems and other plastic/vinyl parts.

Step 4 - Interior plastics and 'art leather seat covers' cleaned. Carpets being beige in color had stains all over. As a part of interior cleaning, the stains were removed using Scotch guard Oxy fabric cleaner.

Step 5 - PRC and 'Finishing polish' were applied to enhance the gloss. The application also removed the minor swirls on the paint surface. Flakes popped out and looked absolutely fantastic.

DSC_2712.jpg

DSC_2714.jpg

DSC_2720.jpg

Fantastic Flakes

Flakes_pop - Copy.jpg

Step 6 - Interior plastics, door gaskets and exterior plastics were protected using PERL

Step 7 - Exterior black plastics and tires were treated using Megs 'Back to Black'

DSC_2726.jpg

Step 8 - 2 coats of Gtechnique C2V3 sealant were applied over paint surface which was essential to protect the surface against harsh weather

Step 9 - Finally the 'Engine bay' was de-greased and dressed using Megs APC and hyperdressing

DSC_2750.jpg

Finally a few pics on the finished product. I was grinning ear to ear all the way!! Just could not hide my excitement.

Look at the reflection! clean and clear.

bonnet_01-2.jpg

DSC_2757.jpg

side_02-2.jpg

side_01.jpg

DSC_2760.jpg

Finishing shots with the car.

DSC_2764.jpg

I am extremely satisfied with the service offered. The entire process took 6 hours with 30 minutes curing time between 'Gtechnique C2V3' sealant coats. The surface has becomes extremely glossy and the metalic flakes popped out like crazy. The car looked a zillion times better than how it was while taking delivery.

Recommendation for maintenance - Avoid washing for a week. Wash a couple of weeks later if necessary. Baran would do an inspection a month later to see how well the sealant has blended.

For in-house detailing, the customer should provide power/electric plug point and water pipe for RP and pressure washer.

Contact Information

Drive Cleanin - https://www.facebook.com/driveclean.in
SPOC - Gurubaran
Pricing - Kindly talk to Drive Cleanin for initial inspection and price quotation
Mobile - 91-99529 64730

Thread Starter #3
Love the shiny LUV [:)] Looks good.

BTW, does claying create swirl marks? Any idea?

Regards,
Vipin
Hi Vipin, Claying is primarily to remove surface contamination and also even out paint imperfections. Swirls can be removed using a polishing compound. And also there is no one compound for removing all types swirls. Usually professionals use a combinations depending on 'how much swirls' & age of the vehicle. Having said that, it is impossible to keep your ride swirl free.

Hi Vipin, Claying is primarily to remove surface contamination and also even out paint imperfections. Swirls can be removed using a polishing compound. And also there is no one compound for removing all types swirls. Usually professionals use a combinations depending on 'how much swirls' & age of the vehicle. Having said that, it is impossible to keep your ride swirl free.
Heya.

What I meant was whether claying creates any swirl marks, not remove them [:)] I clayed my Polo today and got rid of one year's worth of contaminants. But I could not get some tar stains off. There were swirl marks even before I started claying so I don't know whether any new ones were created. My Vento does not have a single swirl mark till date and I plan on keeping her that way for as long as possible (like you said, it is impossible to keep a car swirl-free for long). But there are some tar spots on her that I would like to remove by claying but I don't know whether it will create swirl marks.

Regards,
Vipin

Heya.

What I meant was whether claying creates any swirl marks, not remove them [:)] I clayed my Polo today and got rid of one year's worth of contaminants. But I could not get some tar stains off. There were swirl marks even before I started claying so I don't know whether any new ones were created. My Vento does not have a single swirl mark till date and I plan on keeping her that way for as long as possible (like you said, it is impossible to keep a car swirl-free for long). But there are some tar spots on her that I would like to remove by claying but I don't know whether it will create swirl marks.

Regards,
Vipin
There are 3 different types of clay.
1. mild - A very normal clay which removes surface contamination's to an extent. This is safe to use any surface including glass, windshield to remove waterspots, etc...

2. Medium - Little aggressive to remove stubborn tar marks, bug splatters, bird poop etchings, etc...

3. Aggressive - This is normally used by pro detailers and you NEED a polishing cycle after this. This type of clay is very aggressive and prolonged use on paint surface WILL affect the surface. It can easily marr the paint surface.

Also keep in mind to kneed the clay for every panel wipe. If there are more contaminations like the below image and use it, it will create swirls over the surface. So, keep an eye when you clay near the running boards and bumper areas.

Image attached

Attachments

Last edited:
Comparing the pics in TAI and the pics in FB

TAI

FB

TAI

FB

So here the ultra wet look is gained through editing.
Kichu, Its never meant for before and after image and it will not be like this :-) Its for how to cut out the polarization effect when you take the picture in harsh sunlight.

I think you misunderstood and put these comments. Hope this clarifies.

For in-house detailing, the customer should provide power/electric plug point and water pipe for RP and pressure washer.
@MutantX, It looks like a clean work almost like that done in 3M. Post the detailing, Ertiga simply shines. I wish to check with them for my car too. Is the price fixed or negotiable?

Kichu, Its never meant for before and after image and it will not be like this :-) Its for how to cut out the polarization effect when you take the picture in harsh sunlight.

I think you misunderstood and put these comments. Hope this clarifies.
In the below image which is the original unedited side, left or right?

Okay. To know about "how to cut the polarization effect" I went to read the descriptions of those images in the driveclean FB account but surprise those pics are no more available in it.

Never saw this much polarization effect, which camera you are using?

Do you sell clay bars online? If yes kindly inform us about its price and payment details. Interested to get a mild clay bar if it is affordable.

Attaching the Pic of My 5year old A-star which NEVER undergone polishing or claying works, just DIY waxing.[:D]
The only problem is this shinning will last only for a couple of weeks or for a month depending upon the environment conditions

Attachments

Hi Kichu,
Its my friends camera (Canon) and he came to took some wip & final images.

As of now I don't sell any detailing products. Apart from importing from UK, I used to buy from the following people(in no particular order).

Ultimate Detailerz | Products

Welcome to Keystone Enterprises

GreenZ Car Care India • Car care products | Car detailing products | Car washing products like Sealant, wax, microfber, poli

Detailed Clean India - Car Care Products | Car Detailing Products India

Also check with "sparkle detailing"- New Delhi - for clay

Yes! Any wax will be gone within 2 weeks if the prep is not there. The ideal process for hand application should be wash > tar/contamination removal > Clay > polish > wax
This will hide the swirl marks and give longer durability of the polish/wax.

Your A-star looks dripping wet and may I know what wax do you use?

Hi Kichu,

As of now I don't sell any detailing products. Apart from importing from UK, I used to buy from the following people(in no particular order).

GreenZ Car Care India • Car care products | Car detailing products | Car washing products like Sealant, wax, microfber, poli

Yes! Any wax will be gone within 2 weeks if the prep is not there. The ideal process for hand application should be wash > tar/contamination removal > Clay > polish > wax

Hi Kichu,

Hi Baranjil,

Me too have a Canon cam but never use to get such a high polarization effect which is far different from reality. May be your car will be having extremely high glossy effect due to your professional detailing job.

Thanks for the links :)

Yes, it wont last for long.
Since my home is just few meters away from the river, our well water is lil salty and hard. So its extremely difficult to wash the car with it since it leaves water stains and makes the paint surface rough.[frustration] but still I feel bad to use portable water to wash the whole car[confused] So I use it only for cleaning the windshields. And later after a couple of years after encountering tonnes of swirls I started waxing my car.

Now I clean my car using "PROKLEAR RAW Rinseless / Waterless Auto Wash" so just with 500ml of water I can clean my car for more than twice.[clap] Since I always dust it off using microfiber cloth and dont give a good wash, I regularly do waxing whenever I feel the paint surface is not smooth so it wont make any swirl marks.

Now I only wash my car when I get to collect some rain water.

Hmm, I feel it gets more glossy when when the paint surface gets little warm. Im using a cheap affordableFormula 1 High Performance Carnauba Car Wax using a cheapo 3500rpm wax applicator.
I use to cover up the car for a couple of hours just after waxing.

A shot from canon

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom