Pits Express Car Wash Review (Trivandrum)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Last week took my car to a place called Pits Express Wash located near my office on the way towards my home.

1) First they Manually cleaned all 4 wheel arches.

965630_367318203390558_1913881266_o.jpg

1048323_367318170057228_1035784965_o.jpg

2) Then machine takes over. It first scans the entire car to check for dimension and then applies shampoo all over the car.

1015021_367318436723868_1395254587_o.jpg

1053029_367318250057220_269770533_o.jpg

3) Whole car is then thoroughly washed by the machine. Even the alloys are washed by machine.

194810_367318583390520_41965457_o.jpg

1025731_367318643390514_1857524760_o.jpg

1040034_367318713390507_576309631_o.jpg

1014863_367318743390504_1356181988_o.jpg

4) Machine then applies wax all over the car and then applies hot air so that wax quickly gets applied.

1049233_367318813390497_133382809_o.jpg

5) Manual labor then takes over. Interiors are first cleaned using vacuum cleaners. Seats are then cleaned using leather shampoo. Floor mats are washed and cleaned. Dashboard and all 4 door pads are cleaned. Alloys and wheels are cleaned and polished.

Due to low light couldn't click pics of interiors.

1008921_367319110057134_1184201388_o.jpg

1014889_367319036723808_489069014_o.jpg

IMHO it's totally worth it and i am going their again. Its situated opposite Infosys Campus near Technopark Trivandrum.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
Re: Accessories For Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour LDi

How much did they charge you for washing ? Should we have to drive when the brush needs to clean the entire car or the whole cleaning equipment moves ?

Do post more pic's.

What about Diesel Tronics, which you were thinking to get for your car ?

Thread Starter #3

How much did they charge you for washing ? Should we have to drive when the brush needs to clean the entire car or the whole cleaning equipment moves ?

Do post more pic's.

What about Diesel Tronics, which you were thinking to get for your car ?
Total package cost me 400Rs. The machine first scans the car before commencing its operations. Its a full automated process and a treat to watch.

Currently in middle of spending around 60k more for my ICE upgrade so tuning box currently on hold.

Regards,
Sankar

Hi Folks,

Last week took my car to a place called Pits Express Wash located near my office on the way towards my home.
4) Machine then applies wax all over the car and then applies hot air so that wax quickly gets applied.
Are you sure it applies wax? Because when I took my car there (I've taken it four times there already), it looked like it was just blowing air to get rid of the water droplets after washing.

5) Manual labor then takes over. Interiors are first cleaned using vacuum cleaners. Seats are then cleaned using leather shampoo. Floor mats are washed and cleaned. Dashboard and all 4 door pads are cleaned. Alloys and wheels are cleaned and polished.
When I take my car, they don't do interior cleaning even if I ask them to. The reason being they say they never get cars which have such clean interiors like mine (The car being my 5 year old Getz) [:D] They say there is absolutely no need and thus they charge only Rs. 300 from me.

Regards,
Vipin

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5

Yes they do apply wax. Before the machine starts washing the guys selects what all it needs to do. I think in your case he didn't charge for waxing which is why it didn't wax you ride. I have couple of pics which clearly shows spraying wax all over the car and then spraying hot air. Also i touched the wax it was spraying and smelled the same like my Merguiars Quick Wax.

They don't do inetrior cleaning because you keep your car absolutely clean. Kudos to you for maintaining your ride like this. In my case my ride interiors were full of dust and mud due to some work done at accessories shop like fitting armrest and ICE upgradation[frustration]. So had to clean them.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes they do apply wax. Before the machine starts washing the guys selects what all it needs to do. I think in your case he didn't charge for waxing which is why it didn't wax you ride. I have couple of pics which clearly shows spraying wax all over the car and then spraying hot air. Also i touched the wax it was spraying and smelled the same like my Merguiars Quick Wax.

They don't do inetrior cleaning because you keep your car absolutely clean. Kudos to you for maintaining your ride like this. In my case my ride interiors were full of dust and mud due to some work done at accessories shop like fitting armrest and ICE upgradation[frustration]. So had to clean them.

Regards,
Sankar
He he. Yes. I do maintain the interiors of my car very well. Just a couple of months back one of my friends who isn't a petrol head asked me whether I bought the car recently because he said he has never been in a car that was this clean. Imagine the look on his face when I told him the car was 5 years old. Lol

Next time I go there, I will ask them why they don't wax my car. Or maybe it is because the last time I went there was almost 5 months back and they didn't have wax then? No idea.

And they said they charged less from me because they didn't have to do the interior cleaning. [:D]

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #7

He he. Yes. I do maintain the interiors of my car very well. Just a couple of months back one of my friends who isn't a petrol head asked me whether I bought the car recently because he said he has never been in a car that was this clean. Imagine the look on his face when I told him the car was 5 years old. Lol

Next time I go there, I will ask them why they don't wax my car. Or maybe it is because the last time I went there was almost 5 months back and they didn't have wax then? No idea.

And they said they charged less from me because they didn't have to do the interior cleaning. [:D]

Regards,
Vipin
Kudos to how you maintain your car.[clap]

Do ask for waxing as its very good and also a treat to watch how the machines does the whole process. For sedan they charge 450 and for hatchback they charge 400. Through phone we i made my inquiry they thought my car was New Dzire and on seeing my car he said i will have to pay 450 but then when it was time to pay after the wash he waived of 50rs[:D]. Also for future wash he promised he would charge only 400 which is a nice gesture from him.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #8
Hi All,

Took my car straight to Nagercovil some 70kms odd journey one way from my city to attend a marriage ceremony. Car sparkled even after slightly raining and i am impressed by Pits Express Wash's work.

416483_367360770052968_508754913_o.jpg

965282_367360630052982_96300729_o.jpg

1039761_367360726719639_454650455_o.jpg

1048960_367360826719629_121361816_o.jpg

Regards,
Sankar

This same kind of thing was there in Varun motors Hyderabad(Maruti dealer) some years back when I was having my M800, I do not know whether it exists now or not. They used to charge me Rs.250/- for a wash and there was no waxing.

I have seen a beautiful system in Europe, where you sit in a car pay 6 Euro and stop on a platform and see what is happening to your car, the car moves automatically there are totally 5 to 6 stages same like shampoo, jet wash, 2 types of water spray, waxing in the end it just passes thru' a drying oven and comes out clean. Normally there is no need of interior cleaning like us as there is no such dust formation and they keep the car very clean inside them selves

Thread Starter #10
This same kind of thing was there in Varun motors Hyderabad(Maruti dealer) some years back when I was having my M800, I do not know whether it exists now or not. They used to charge me Rs.250/- for a wash and there was no waxing.

I have seen a beautiful system in Europe, where you sit in a car pay 6 Euro and stop on a platform and see what is happening to your car, the car moves automatically there are totally 5 to 6 stages same like shampoo, jet wash, 2 types of water spray, waxing in the end it just passes thru' a drying oven and comes out clean. Normally there is no need of interior cleaning like us as there is no such dust formation and they keep the car very clean inside them selves
The system that you mentioned is actually quite similar to were i gave my car for wash. Their machine Washtec is a direct import from Germany. Was quite impressive to watch to be honest[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

The system that you mentioned is actually quite similar to were i gave my car for wash. Their machine Washtec is a direct import from Germany. Was quite impressive to watch to be honest

Regards,
Sankar
No Sankar. The system he is mentioning is different. The machinery is much much bigger. As in, it is approximately two car lengths long. You sit inside the car and park it on a rail like thing where the wheels get locked and automatically pulls the car in. You sit inside the car (with your windows rolled up [glasses]) and you can see all the brushes and stuff cleaning the car in various ways. After the washing, there used to be peope who would vacuum clean the interiors (the vacuum cleaners they use there is really really really huge) and then spray the interior with any type of smell you want (even new car smell [:D]). I remember how we used to go for those car washes once in a bluemoon around 10 years back in Muscat. It was a little treat back then.

Regards,
Vipin

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
No Sankar. The system he is mentioning is different. The machinery is much much bigger. As in, it is approximately two car lengths long. You sit inside the car and park it on a rail like thing where the wheels get locked and automatically pulls the car in. You sit inside the car (with your windows rolled up [glasses]) and you can see all the brushes and stuff cleaning the car in various ways. After the washing, there used to be peope who would vacuum clean the interiors (the vacuum cleaners they use there is really really really huge) and then spray the interior with any type of smell you want (even new car smell [:D]). I remember how we used to go for those car washes once in a bluemoon around 10 years back in Muscat. It was a little treat back then.

Regards,
Vipin
Wow sounds quite awesome. Can't expect something like this in India for sure in near future i think.[cry]

Regards,
Sankar

@SankarNarayanan there is Amigos car wash inside Technopark. seems it was started some 1 month back i guess. Ive tried Express Car Wash twice. Yet to try Amigos.

@Sankar,

I took a video of that long back when I was in Europe, I will try to search and post it very soon[:)]. It is the same as explained by Vipin

Thread Starter #15
@SankarNarayanan there is Amigos car wash inside Technopark. seems it was started some 1 month back i guess. Ive tried Express Car Wash twice. Yet to try Amigos.
Yes have also seen Amigos Car Wash. I have heard that the machine is not fully automated compared to the imported one on operation in Pits Express Wash. Don't know if this info is authentic as i need to check the new place Amigos Car Wash personally to confirm.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom