Indicab Hit My Bike Head On – Need Advice.

Thread Starter #1
Dear all,

Bangalore cabbies have a taken a liking towards me, last night a very nice Indica cab driver who i guess was hoping to take a seat in Force India team came in a one way and hit me head on, I always respect my head and prefer wearing helmet but unfortunately was in my short's and T's thanks to my dressing sense my whole left side of the body from head to Toe the skin has been scraped. the nice friendly locals around me gave a mouthful and handful to the cabbie, the driver must be 50+ at the least, I ask him to pay for the compensation and let him go by taking his number but since the damage is major i am expecting a hefty bill from Bajaj ASS and i also think that the driver wont be able to afford it.

Now my Question to you all is should i file a police complaint and claim the insurance or should i declare it as a self accident?

Please do note that my Avenger is close to 8 year's, should i be expecting a nominal claim?

If so does it makes sense to claim the Insurance?

The whole front portion including the front shocks and disc, have to be replaced, had to tow the bike till home as the handle bar has been jammed

Attaching a pic of wounded Love:

Attachments

Re: Need Advise

My buddy, leave aside everything and do tell me if you are alright.
Looking at the damages to the bike and still you wrote..I guess you made a narrow escape.

In terms of bike, now you see what and how to do. If he was at fault then go for any way, either legal or illegal and if he wasn't then I guess you will need to get it repaired yourself.
BTW..if insurance is there then why not go for it? I mean, it makes sense..

Dear Visran,

It is a shocking yet sad accident, despite no fault of yours (I believe so). Hope you have visited a doctor & took a Tetanus injection. I too feel its better to change the front shock instead of getting them straightened and crib about the fork being bent throughout the ride. I am not sure if Disc has to be replaced.

What is the IDV value of your bike in the insurance paper? Is your bike on first party insurance?

I would suggest you to claim insurance, as that is the main purpose we pay the premium every year (you have paid for almost 8yrs), so use it now. Avenger parts will be costlier than usual 100cc bike parts, why pay everything from your pocket?

Regarding the cab driver, I would suggest you to take some money from him for the damage he caused. If he is not capable of paying it, still take something that definately pinches him & makes him realise that he cant take others life for granted! just because he got to pick someone 5mins early or so.

My point is not to extort money out of the poor guy, just giving advice is of no use.

My personal experience says - NO TO POLICE STATION. We just end up losing some more money to them, who tend to bring both the parties to some sort of settlement.

Thread Starter #4
I am doing al right though typing in just one hand is really troublesome, It was clearly the cab driver's mistake as he was racing in an one-way street but i don't think he is any position to pay up any money, though i will give it a shot.

My question is how much Insurance money can i expect since the bike is 8 year old?

The silver lining to this incident is that i am advised for a 2 week bed rest so i can spend more time with TAI[clap]

But the worst part is from now i will be driven in a car no more driving or riding for some time[cry]

Dear Visran,

It is a shocking yet sad accident, despite no fault of yours (I believe so). Hope you have visited a doctor & took a Tetanus injection. I too feel its better to change the front shock instead of getting them straightened and crib about the fork being bent throughout the ride. I am not sure if Disc has to be replaced.

What is the IDV value of your bike in the insurance paper? Is your bike on first party insurance?

Not sure about it as the papers are in bike and i am not in a position to walk will check and let you know

I would suggest you to claim insurance, as that is the main purpose we pay the premium every year (you have paid for almost 8yrs), so use it now. Avenger parts will be costlier than usual 100cc bike parts, why pay everything from your pocket?

Thanks for the advise now i guess i will claim the insurance

Regarding the cab driver, I would suggest you to take some money from him for the damage he caused. If he is not capable of paying it, still take something that definately pinches him & makes him realise that he cant take others life for granted! just because he got to pick someone 5mins early or so.

I will try my best to take some money from him,if he can't it's ok i will let it go i am not in a position to run around him.

My point is not to extort money out of the poor guy, just giving advice is of no use.

My personal experience says - NO TO POLICE STATION. We just end up losing some more money to them, who tend to bring both the parties to some sort of settlement.

Thanks for your advice even i am pretty reluctant to do this
I have replied in Bold, thanks again for your advice.

Thread Starter #5

On closer inspection found a huge dent on top of the Tank i still wonder how that happened.

Hi visran, hope you are ok ! Wish you a speedy recovery.

Where and what time did this happen.

My suggestion is file a case for safer side also the cab driver will have a alert and will not do this again in future.

Dear Visran,

I usually travel to office by cab, its not the point of picking up someone 5 min early. Either its a drop or pickup they drive recklessly, usually changing lanes, honking, use of high beam always, overtaking from left, etc. Also scolding private cars for not moving fast. I have advised many of our drivers they never think about it. [frustration]

Also the cars (cabs) are usually 3rd party insurance where you can't expect more claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7

Where and what time did this happen.

My suggestion is file a case for safer side also the cab driver will have a alert and will not do this again in future.
It happened at 11.30 in the night near Basavangudi the battery in my phone died and also lost my wallet had a horrid time in arranging the tow truck, finally reached home by 3.30 A.M,

some are asking me to file a complaint but the accident happened yesterday and i am not in a position to walk so can i file a complaint by tommo? since i let him go last night how can i prove that this particular cab driver was involved with the accident.

Sad to hear about this, Your bike's damaged real bad too. The front fork inner tubes are damaged beyond repair. The T-Stem might also need replacement. Its quite comforting to know and thank God that you survived the ordeal with minor injuries. Are you in hospital still? If you are, then stay admitted and wait till the Police arrive to take your statement down in writing.

You can report this to the Police station that has jurisdiction over the area. If you inform the hospital that the injuries sustained were a result of a Road Traffic Accident, They will forward this info to the Police. The Police usually arrive the same day or the very next on report of an accident.

Now regarding Insurance. You can file a Claims petition with the help of a lawyer at the Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal for damages incurred on your person and your bike. It might take some time for the judgement and award to come through. But that's what can be done using the legal system.

Another option is to forward a claim with the insurance company on your own without mentioning about any third party involvement.

The third way is to make the cabbie or its owner pay for the damages. This usually does not yield the desired results, But if it works its better.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and waiting to see you see you kick back in action soon[:)].

Last edited:
Oh Visran !! Sad to know this man and I am happy that you are safe !!

According to me going with legal complaints and police are really really painful than your wounds and bike repair.

Just go with the insurance people with a claim and try your luck how much do you get from them.

Do take good rest and just forget about police. Try talk to that cab driver and ask him to pay you and if not tell him that you will file a complaint, so he will agree to pay you something.

I wish for a speedy recovery [:)] This was the reason as I met with an accident(due to a dog jumped in middle of the road) in 2004 and from then, I just ride my bike from my office to home which is just 1km and use it to the nearest shops to my home and for rest of the things I use my car.

Thread Starter #11
Re: Indicab Hit My Bike Head On – Need Advice.

Are you in hospital still? If you are, then stay admitted and wait till the Police arrive to take your statement down in writing.

Actually i never got admitted just went to the hospital for tetanus and got the dressing done on my wounds, this is my second accident in a span of 8 months was already suffering for a broken shoulder now got injured on the same hand, planning to get the MRI done tommo.

Another option is to forward a claim with the insurance company on your own without mentioning about any third party involvement.

I assume this will be the easy way out

The third way is to make the cabbie or its owner pay for the damages. This usually does not yield the desired results, But if it works its better.

Not bothered much as the driver is too old and don't think in any position to pay up the compensation, i guess i just have to let it go

Wishing you a speedy recovery and waiting to see you see you kick back in action soon[:)]

Thank's a lot for your wishes, as i mentioned earlier the silver lining to this incident is that i would be able to spend more time with TAI
Sorry to hear about your accident. Wish you speedy recovery.
Thank's for your wishes sir,

Do take good rest and just forget about police. Try talk to that cab driver and ask him to pay you and if not tell him that you will file a complaint, so he will agree to pay you something.

This is what exactly even i am thinking i don't have enough patience to run around and deal with police

I wish for a speedy recovery [:)] This was the reason as I met with an accident(due to a dog jumped in middle of the road) in 2004 and from then, I just ride my bike from my office to home which is just 1km and use it to the nearest shops to my home and for rest of the things I use my car.

The worst part is i have been given a strict warning not to use the bike anymore,i am a biker at heart i really relish riding bikes it's more like a stress buster for me, but thanks to this idiotic driver's i am left with no option but to be driven around which i utterly hate.
Thanks to all for wishing for me, i really appreciate it.

It happened at 11.30 in the night near Basavangudi the battery in my phone died and also lost my wallet had a horrid time in arranging the tow truck, finally reached home by 3.30 A.M,

some are asking me to file a complaint but the accident happened yesterday and i am not in a position to walk so can i file a complaint by tommo? since i let him go last night how can i prove that this particular cab driver was involved with the accident.
OMG that's so unfortunate, the place is just 3 mins from my house.
Wish I was of help to you Visran.
And these helpers in the pretext of helping rob the victim.
You can file a complaint of lost wallet too, was your DL in that wallet??
Block all the Credit/Debit Cards, hotlist the cards too.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

And these helpers in the pretext of helping rob the victim.

Even i feel couple of by standers had to do something with it

You can file a complaint of lost wallet too, was your DL in that wallet??
Yes my DL was their but a duplicate one

Block all the Credit/Debit Cards, hotlist the cards too.
First thing which i did after reaching home

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Thanks a lot sir
Where exactly do you stay?

Top Bottom