Helmets Must For Pillion Rider in Goa

Thread Starter #1
Helmets must for pillion rider in Goa

Transport minister Ramkrishna 'Sudin' Dhavalikar told the Goa assembly that helmets for pillion riders on two-wheelers will be made compulsory within two weeks.

Replying to a discussion on demands for grants to the transport department, Dhavalikar said that in view of fatalities increasing due to road accidents, the government has already decided to make wearing of helmets compulsory for pillion riders. For the rider, it is compulsory to use helmet on national highways since 2004.

"We'll implement the decision in two week's time," Dhavalikar said. He made the statement after opposition leader Pratapsingh Rane expressed concern over the increasing number of deaths due to road accidents.

Dhavalikar, responding to a point raised by Nuvem MLA Francisco 'Mickky' Pacheco, said that the Goa school bus rules will also be implemented soon.

Regarding Kadamba transport corporation, the transport minister said 100 new buses would be purchased in two months for which the government has sanctioned 30 crore.
I say very Good move and other states should follow Suite.

350Z

Core Team
I say very Good move and other states should follow Suite.
Talking about helmets, there are several riders who still do not wear them, forget the pillion riders. Anyways it’s a commendable initiative but only if implemented with equal severity because the unfortunate fact is that there are various useful laws in India but strictly enforcing them is still a major issue.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is a good move and everyone should follow it. You don't need to wait for your state to implement it. You can start today. However I must say that the government was not really thinking about our safety while introducing this rule. Ramkrishna 'Sudin' Dhavalikar is one of the most corrupt politicians. He was probably paid by the helmet manufacturers. When he was PWD minister he used to take 20% as commission for every project allotted.

Thread Starter #4
This is a good move and everyone should follow it. You don't need to wait for your state to implement it. You can start today. However I must say that the government was not really thinking about our safety while introducing this rule. Ramkrishna 'Sudin' Dhavalikar is one of the most corrupt politicians. He was probably paid by the helmet manufacturers. When he was PWD minister he used to take 20% as commission for every project allotted.
If that's true then i wouldn't mind politician's taking bribe[;)]

Top Bottom