Delhi Traffic Police Now Accepts Copy of RC and Insurance Documents

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

An important piece of information. As per notification from Delhi traffic police, RC and Insurance photocopies will be accepted as documents for the vehicle however, the owner needs to have originals of Driving license and PUC.

DOCUMENTS TO BE CARRIED IN ORIGINAL OR PHOTOCOPY: This is to clarify to every citizen that police officials have been told that liability of citizen while driving private vehicle to carry original document is limited to Driving Licence and Pollution certificate. One can carry photocopy of RC and Insurance. Hope this will save people from some harassment during checking by police.

Hope this information helps

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: Delhi Traffic Police Now Accepting Photocopy of RC and Insurance

Great Going. Mr. Satyendra Garg has brought some positive changes in the system since he joined DTP. This is just another example of the same. I’m sure it will not only prevent uncalled harassment from the cops but will also help to keep the important documents securely in order to prevent any kind of misuse. I also feel that it should be implemented throughout the nation.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This might be of help as well.

Rules of the Road Regulation, 1989.​

32. Production of documents-A person driving a vehicle,-

(i) shall always carry with him his driving licence; certificate of registration; certificate of taxation and certificate of insurance of the vehicle and in case of transport vehicle the permit and fitness certificate, also,

(ii) shall on demand by police officer in uniform or an officer of the Motor Vehicle Department in uniform or any other officer authorised by the Government, produce the documents for inspection.

[Provided that where any or all of the documents are not in his possession, he shall produce in person an extract or extract of the documents duly attested by any police officer or by any other officer or send it to the officer who demanded the documents, by registered post, within 15 days of the demand].

Links:http://morth.nic.in/writereaddata/linkimages/32-4277566365.pdf

http://morth.nic.in/index3.asp?sslid=106&subsublinkid=41&lang=1

Last edited:
I never knew we have to carry originals. Here in TN we just carry copy of everything and the cops accept them. But in case of an accident, they will ask us to bring everything in original.

From the day one I am driving what I was taught that if you have the car/bike then you must have the papers(documents) with you and in case any police officer demands for them then you must politely show them to him and answer any of his/her query.

All my papers are just complete(DL,RC,Pollution certificate and insurance docs) and are always kept by me safely in my bag.
Since I move interstate(Meerut-Jaipur means UP-Delhi-Haryana-Rajasthan)so i always need to carry the original docs.but yes,if this becomes applicable throughout the nation then its really great,at least now our docs will be securely placed at home.

350Z

Core Team
Delhi Traffic Police has published the following ad in newspapers to aware the private car drivers.

DTP Documents.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

great initiative from DTP. agree why not implement in whole country??
[Provided that where any or all of the documents are not in his possession, he shall produce in person an extract or extract of the documents duly attested by any police officer or by any other officer or send it to the officer who demanded the documents, by registered post, within 15 days of the demand].
amazing info buddy! never knew it can be produced later on also! my friend gave fine to one cop for it..it will save from harrasment now on!

Top Bottom