Bangalore is the 6th Worst City in World for Commuting

Thread Starter #1
In the space of eight months, up to August 2011, Bangalore's traffic police booked over 4 lakh cases of illegal/wrong parking of all class of vehicles including cars. The precise number is 4,25,379. This means over 50,000 cases of wrong parking are booked every month, as per Bangalore city traffic police records.
In Bangalore, wrong parking occurs due to lack of parking space and it takes almost 20 to 35 minutes to find parking space in the central business district comprising MG Road, Brigade Road, Kamaraj Road, Commercial Street and Residency Road.
Bangalore conforms to the global average time spent looking for a parking spot, which is 20 minutes, according to the recently released fourth annual IBM Commuter Pain Survey.
The survey provides a unique look into the interplay between traffic congestion and human emotions - from New York to Nairobi. The survey conducted among 8,042 commuters in 20 cities across 6 continents has confirmed that parking is elusive worldwide with over half the commuters abandoning search for a parking spot.
Not surprisingly, Bangalore reported the largest number of tickets for illegal parking - the 50,000 cases booked per month. The survey showed that drivers in New Delhi (58%), Bangalore (44%), Nairobi (43%) and Milan (37%) are most vocal with each other over a specific parking spot in commercial areas.

Bangalore is 6th worst city in world for commuting - The Times of India

Re: Bangalore is sixth worst city in world for commuting

In Bangalore, wrong parking occurs due to lack of parking space and it takes almost 20 to 35 minutes to find parking space in the central business district comprising MG Road, Brigade Road, Kamaraj Road, Commercial Street and Residency Road.
LOL [:D] Yet again Times proves its quality of news!! The areas mentioned above does not even constitute 10% of total Bangalore's surface area. There are many more business / commercial places in Bangalore where parking is not a major hastle. If the results are derived based on the above areas alone, then its highly illogical. Hats of to TOI for publishing such articles [frustration]

I think our city must have come to the top place in 'the worst place for commuting'.And as carfreak mentioned the areas are now managed for parking problems but not in the places like Malleshwaram,Gandhi Bazaar,Majestic(I really hate those places while parking my car or bike).You can see an irresponsible drivers parking wherever they find the place no matter even if it is a footpath or at your residence gate also.
Now there's a modern saying by our Bangaloreans:
IF YOU MANAGE TO DRIVE IN BANGALORE THEN YOU CAN DRIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD[;)]
and that's becoming true day by day!

I use to go to this cafe in the evening almost everyday for two years then some it companies came up on that road & suddenly lots of cars & two wheelers filled up,then i would park on another road & after some months we would have single two wheelers parked where a car could.
Then it got worst no parking was added to one side of the road I shifted my evening spot to another cafe,parking was a breeze until number of members increased in the gym across the road & oh ya & one side of the road declared no parking.
There is an huge suv which parks in no parking most of the times cos that thing is too big to fit into alto sized parking spaces,guess the owner rather pay parking tickets instead cos I see tickets on it most of the time.
If I remember right there are 7 lakh odd cars & 20 lakh two wheelers on Bangalore roads!

Top Bottom