Save Pune Traffic Movement (SPTM)

Thread Starter #1
Dear Punekars,

We have tolerated the misery that is Pune's traffic for far too long; and the situation is only getting worse day by day. The approach to this problem, so far, has mainly been one of control by the authorities - where law-breakers are apprehended for violating traffic rules. However, the problem is a a multi-faceted one and as such requires a multi-pronged approach, to be dealt with effectively. SPTM was born out of a desire to create a paradigm shift and to drive a transformation of the city's traffic through the actions of its own responsible and conscious citizens. SPTM provides a platform to unite like-minded individuals towards realizing the goal of a smoother traffic system for our city. We believe we can make a difference. Come join us, and see how you too can make a difference by doing some very simple things.

Welcome To SPTM (Save Pune Traffic Movement) ! | Save Pune Traffic Movement

Our Vision, Mission & Plan | Save Pune Traffic Movement

Why SPTM? | Save Pune Traffic Movement

Traffic FAQ | Save Pune Traffic Movement

SPTM-down-the-memory-lane | Save Pune Traffic Movement

Just came across this thread with no replies since long time. The way people drive is really bad or may be worse nowadays. Wrong side driving is very common in Pune. Infact while coming from Mumbai to Pune I come to know immediately that I have reached Pune because some moron is driving on the wrong side on the NH4 bypass. In the night it is worse as they drive with lights with high beam. Feel like [gun]
I sometimes feel we should make Pune a left hand side driving zone

Just came across this thread with no replies since long time. The way people drive is really bad or may be worse nowadays. Wrong side driving is very common in Pune. Infact while coming from Mumbai to Pune I come to know immediately that I have reached Pune because some moron is driving on the wrong side on the NH4 bypass. In the night it is worse as they drive with lights with high beam. Feel like [gun]
I sometimes feel we should make Pune a left hand side driving zone
It already is! You're supposed to drive on left side of road. Maybe that's why you encounter people in wrong side! :lol!:

It already is! You're supposed to drive on left side of road. Maybe that's why you encounter people in wrong side! :lol!:
:lol!: Thats a good one. I have seen even trucks coming on the wrong (oh sorry the right side) that too in the right lane with the full beam. And they react that I have done smoething wrong if ever we come face to face.

Top Bottom