Go Back   The Automotive India > The Rev Zone > Road Safety & Driving Sense

Old 30th October 2013, 11:46 AM   #2317
V10

Default Re: Pictures and Videos of Automobiles Involved in Accidents

Really sad news. :(
Old 30th October 2013, 12:26 PM   #2318
V6

Really sad news.. and these news channel guys have to leave the families alone.. Cant torture them like this when they are going through hell.
Old 30th October 2013, 12:43 PM   #2319
V6

And this news has made into CNN (Internations) Headlines too. RIP poor souls. This is the reason I travel by car with my family where at least we have the control over this.

Overcrowded bus bursts into flames in India - CNN.com
Old 30th October 2013, 01:19 PM   #2320
Honoured Member

Award Points: 20

Very Sad.

Actually this festival season all buses from workshops are lined-up. I stay near Koyambedu which the biggest bus terminus of Chennai.

I see all sort of useless buses there which is ready to carry people to thier home town (mostly towards south). Yesterday while crossing those buses I was thinking how safe these buses will be.

After seeing accident by Volvo my worries are more now.

I pray that everyone has safe journey and wonderful Diwali ahead.

And those private bus drivers are not bothered about anything. And now a days the roads very wide and smooth which tempts them to speed-up like anything. To add that, we do not have lane disciple in our roads. One truck goes on 50 in lane 1 when we over take that another one moves slowly on lane 2. so every one supposed to change to another lane.

What maximum drivers can do is, they make sure they change lanes carefully.
Old 30th October 2013, 01:21 PM   #2321
V10

Award Points: 30

heart felt condolences to the bereaved families.
smooth rider is now online  
Old 30th October 2013, 01:45 PM   #2322
V6

As we all know volvo buses are designed as per the international standards and most of the Indian Roads are not meant of that standards.
The cause for this accident as per the news was tyre burst which resulted in the collision with a diesel tanker and caused the explosion.
I feel the private players are not really maintaining the buses properly. I have Neeta volvos using a remoulded type and running at a speed of
100 km/hr on Mumbai Pune Express Highway which is a complete cement road and gets heated up very quickly. In such cases why wouldn't these tyres burst.
Secondly In this cases the front tyre was busted but the driver and cleaner were saved along with 3 other passengers this is a bit suspicious.
I think Indian roads are still not meant for a speed above 80 ( This speeds are suggested for Mumbai Pune Express Highway and Yamuna Express Highway.)
The other highways have a lot of turns involved so top speed should be considered as 60. Are we really following these speeds.

Second Point I would like to bring in notice is the number of hours these driers are driving. In many cases private buses drivers are asked to drive
for 12 hours + at a stretch and that is the reason even drivers are in hurry and over speed. The is no such authority in India which is taking care of
all these things and innocent people have to suffer in this. May god rest there soul in peace.

I would really like to appeal to every one here if possible please follow following points

1) If possible please use govt bus service to commute reason
  • a) its safe.
  • b) The drivers have fixed shift duties and are not over stressed.
  • c) If such incident happens your family members can get some compensation from government.
  • d) In Maharashtra all the State Transport buses i.e Ordinary bus and Semi Luxury buses have a speed limit of 60 done to the engine
    ( Volvos are excluded but buses are maintained nicely).
  • e) These drivers are not drunk when they are on duty. On my last trip to vaishno devi, while I was back from Katra to Ludhiana the driver was drinking whisky while he was driving
2) Please avoid volvos if possible. I know this may sound like insane as in today's world time is money but nor more than our lives. But India is still not prepared for this I feel.
Old 30th October 2013, 02:16 PM   #2323
Honoured Member

Award Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by konkantrip
As we all know volvo buses are designed as per the international standards and most of the Indian Roads are not meant of that standards.
The cause for this accident as per the news was tyre burst which resulted in the collision with a diesel tanker and caused the explosion.
I feel the private players are not really maintaining the buses properly. I have Neeta volvos using a remoulded type and running at a speed of
100 km/hr on Mumbai Pune Express Highway which is a complete cement road and gets heated up very quickly. In such cases why wouldn't these tyres burst.
Secondly In this cases the front tyre was busted but the driver and cleaner were saved along with 3 other passengers this is a bit suspicious.
I think Indian roads are still not meant for a speed above 80 ( This speeds are suggested for Mumbai Pune Express Highway and Yamuna Express Highway.)
The other highways have a lot of turns involved so top speed should be considered as 60. Are we really following these speeds.

Second Point I would like to bring in notice is the number of hours these driers are driving. In many cases private buses drivers are asked to drive
for 12 hours
+ at a stretch and that is the reason even drivers are in hurry and over speed. The is no such authority in India which is taking care of
all these things and innocent people have to suffer in this. May god rest there soul in peace.

I would really like to appeal to every one here if possible please follow following points

1) If possible please use govt bus service to commute reason
  • a) its safe.
  • b) The drivers have fixed shift duties and are not over stressed.
  • c) If such incident happens your family members can get some compensation from government.
  • d) In Maharashtra all the State Transport buses i.e Ordinary bus and Semi Luxury buses have a speed limit of 60 done to the engine
    ( Volvos are excluded but buses are maintained nicely).
  • e) These drivers are not drunk when they are on duty. On my last trip to vaishno devi, while I was back from Katra to Ludhiana the driver was drinking whisky while he was driving
2) Please avoid volvos if possible. I know this may sound like insane as in today's world time is money but nor more than our lives. But India is still not prepared for this I feel.
Actually those days (even now) we have two drivers concept in most of the buses where one driver will be allowed to drive only for 3 hours. So every three hours drivers will be keep changing on the wheels.

Recently drivers are getting changed in half way thru. One driver will get down and another driver starts the vehicle.

Point you mentioned about govt bus, I do not have comments. yes it could be true, but when you see maintenance, private buses are better than govt buses. Very few and reputed companies alone do this. (which normally i go by) i don't board into some XYZ buses unless otherwise is it must to travel and I do not have option (which is very rare situation)

Otherwise I properly book in reputed bus services and go by them.

But still I am thinking whether to change my thought of travelling by govt buses since always I prefer to travel only by private buses. Am here in Chennai for past 24 years. Out of this, first 7 to 10 years i had traveled to Madurai almost every first week of the month and all only by private buses (while going KPN and coming by Parveen) I felt it is the convenient one.

To my knowledge this happens only after this smooth and wider roads now a days.
Old 30th October 2013, 02:16 PM   #2324
V10

Volvo Multi-axle buses goes 150-160KM in Bangalore - Salem road. Some buses reach in 4 hours from Chennai to Bangalore. So sometimes they stop in middle to make it 5 to 6 hrs. (heard from a friend who often travel in volvo multi axle).

Even heard stories about setting fire to own buses to claim insurance (if the bus is old).

Now, as Sethumurugan sir told, all buses from workshop will be on roads.
They have increased bus fare like anything. Instead of 600Rs ticket, private buses are charging from 1500 to 2500rs on 4th Novemeber Night towards bangalore.

Even you go in your car also it is not safe. If someone come and hit you, what will you do.

It is more of your luck if you reach safely especially in current driving conditions.

May the their souls rest in peace. :(
Old 30th October 2013, 02:56 PM   #2325
V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethumurugan
Actually those days (even now) we have two drivers concept in most of the buses where one driver will be allowed to drive only for 3 hours. So every three hours drivers will be keep changing on the wheels.

Recently drivers are getting changed in half way thru. One driver will get down and another driver starts the vehicle.

Point you mentioned about govt bus, I do not have comments. yes it could be true, but when you see maintenance, private buses are better than govt buses. Very few and reputed companies alone do this. (which normally i go by) i don't board into some XYZ buses unless otherwise is it must to travel and I do not have option (which is very rare situation)

Otherwise I properly book in reputed bus services and go by them.

But still I am thinking whether to change my thought of travelling by govt buses since always I prefer to travel only by private buses. Am here in Chennai for past 24 years. Out of this, first 7 to 10 years i had traveled to Madurai almost every first week of the month and all only by private buses (while going KPN and coming by Parveen) I felt it is the convenient one.

To my knowledge this happens only after this smooth and wider roads now a days.
In this part of India ( Maharashtra and goa ) it is only one driver per bus Even for the most Reputed One Like Neeta ( Owned by a very big politician) and
Konduskar, Prasanna, Saini

Each driver is expected to drive for 8 hours and then rest but this does not happen, I have spoken to many drivers and they drive a minimum 12 hours a day
may be they get some over time chargers and some extra perks behind parcels, couriers and some passengers which they take if the bus is empty ( Yes this happens
with reputed bus services as well seen it happening in VRL travels from Pune to Banglore).

Also the statistics show that number of causalities happened with govt bus are only 20% as compared to private players in last 10 years ( these figures are only for
Maharshtra and Goa State). Can you share some figures of the casualties occured in souther part of india w.r.t to Govt and Private buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appus
Volvo Multi-axle buses goes 150-160KM in Bangalore - Salem road. Some buses reach in 4 hours from Chennai to Bangalore. So sometimes they stop in middle to make it 5 to 6 hrs. (heard from a friend who often travel in volvo multi axle).

Even heard stories about setting fire to own buses to claim insurance (if the bus is old).

Now, as Sethumurugan sir told, all buses from workshop will be on roads.
They have increased bus fare like anything. Instead of 600Rs ticket, private buses are charging from 1500 to 2500rs on 4th Novemeber Night towards bangalore.

Even you go in your car also it is not safe. If someone come and hit you, what will you do.

It is more of your luck if you reach safely especially in current driving conditions.

May the their souls rest in peace. :(
If we observe most accident with heavy causalities occur at night time. I personally feel drive your own vehicle and try to cover the distance in day time

Search Thread:

Advanced Search