Bumps, Pot Holes & Long Multi-Speed Brakers: What Damaged is Caused To Your Car?

Bumps, potholes and long multi speed brakers what is the damaged caused to your car

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
We are all faced unwanted damage caused by driving the car on potholes, bumps, craters long multi bumps. Share your damage experience like environmental circumstances, speed and your faults like.

Last edited:
Re: Bumps, potholes and long multi speed brakers what is the damaged caused to your c

I drive an M800 which is known for its relatively delicate suspensions on hard surfaces .I have driven long trips to waynad and once I had to drive during heavy rains .Unfortunately I ended up crashing hard into one water filled pothole after which right side lower ball joint started making sound every time I entered a pot hole.On close examination the grease rubber had ruptured and the metal exposed .Eventually got them changed on both sides. Probably the age was what resulted in rupture of the rubber due to impact . The mechanic said the that the struts were good to go for some more time .

Thread Starter #3
Re: Bumps, potholes and long multi speed brakers what is the damaged caused to your c

I drive an M800 which is known for its relatively delicate suspensions on hard surfaces .I have driven long trips to waynad and once I had to drive during heavy rains .Unfortunately I ended up crashing hard into one water filled pothole after which right side lower ball joint started making sound every time I entered a pot hole.On close examination the grease rubber had ruptured and the metal exposed .Eventually got them changed on both sides. Probably the age was what resulted in rupture of the rubber due to impact . The mechanic said the that the struts were good to go for some more time .
Ball joint do not have rubber boot filled with grease, lower arm and tie end will have boot, I hope in your case it might be tie end rod. M800 metal is stronger than Zen, I have not seen M800 other than tie end lower arm damage, but in case of Zen and Wagon R I have seen numerous cases of struct tower mushrooming to full struct tower damage which is serious and alters Camber. Hail M800[:)]

Thread Starter #4

Hi Akins, Do you remember what parameters of wheel alignment changed and how much deviated.

-suryaputhra

Exactly what I wanted to tell,its the tie rod end rubber that was bust .And I really thought M800 was the weakest with suspensions and was pleasently surprised it wasn't so bad either. I have driven it through rough roads and non existent highways but eventually it gave up. Certainly everything has a tolerance limit!

Thread Starter #6
@pravin1987 you said camber and caster altered, it is difficult to adjust, most of the front wheel drives do not have option to adjust camber and caster, then how did you get it repaired by the way which car it is.

-suryaputhra

why was the wheel balance was not mentioned , rims and alloys take lot of torture due to these first than suspension , mounts and bushes also can be mentioned , where its a common parts that get replaced than structs.

Top Bottom