MIG Fighter Plane Crashes Into Tata Safari

Thread Starter #1
source: http://www.motoroids.com/news/jodhp...es-into-a-tata-safari-no-casualties-reported/

In a bizarre accident, an IAF MiG-27 fighter plane crashed into a stationary Tata Safari and a house in a residential neighbourhood in Jodhpur, Rajastan. Thankfully, the two pilots ejected safely seconds before the crash, and no casualties were reported on the ground as well. However, three people have been reportedly injured in the incident, which happened on the afternoon of 13 June 2016, after the aircraft took off from Jodhpur Air Base on a routine training-flying sortie.

It is being said that the aircraft encountered a technical problem when it was airborne, which caused it to crash land in Jodhpur’s Kuri Bhagtasni housing board area. Post the crash, the mangled remains of the ill-fated aircraft caught fire, but fire fighters reportedly doused the blaze in time. As for the Tata Safari, we must admit that its sturdy structure bore the brunt of the crash rather well; as it refused to topple over and stood its ground in spite of being rear ended by a flying fighter plane. In case you’re wondering, that’s as hardcore as a crash can get.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: MIG fighter plane vs Tata safari

A Salute to Tata safari!
I bet no other car would have stood a kiss with a fighter plane!

I myself have seen Tata safari totally dismantled (Dashboard, Seats, Floor etc), And I must agree that the "Inside" build quality is Impressive. There are thick cross members/ Pipes/Supports all hidden around the panels.

Thread Starter #3
Re: MIG fighter plane vs Tata safari

on a lighter note tata should make a vechile named safari m just like bajaj made bajaj V

I hate to rain on the parade, but the MIG crashed into the house. It was some of the rubbles that crashed onto the Safari. Motorid, as usual, added their own take to spice the news up! Of course no one denies that Safari is better structurally (although I am not aware of its NCAP rating. AFAIK it has undergone the standard 74/297/EEC test only), but the law of physics can't be defied by any vehicle!

Thread Starter #8
The news was reported on team bhp. It was that the MIG hit the safari and collided to two houses. debating whether some broken remanants of the MIG feel on the safari or the MIG crashed into the safari. In both the cases, the safari has fared well on both assumptions.

The news was reported on team bhp. It was that the MIG hit the safari and collided to two houses.
The MiG crashed into the house and some of the rubble fell on Safari. There is nothing to debate. A MiG weights 8,500 Kg. Even at just 40 Km/h (11.12 m/sec), the momentum would be 8,500x11.12 = 94,520 kg m/s. No vehicle will survive a direct rear ended collision - as claimed- of that sort.

Top Bottom