ABS Braking Saves Life and Car

Thread Starter #1
ABS SAVES LIFES & CAR

I was going to an nearby town(Pollachi) from Coimbatore(April 22nd 2010) via NH 209 in my Linea. I was arriving at an Intersection whrein a bypass road of NH 47 meets. The signal was GREEN for me & I was driving at around 45 Kms speed, sudenly a Swift Dezire from Kerala(from NH47 bypass) appeared like a gost [shock] right in front of my car just 10 feet away jumping the RED signal. I applied break fully & ABS though helped me by not locking the wheels, I was able to steer the car just in time & away from the Dezire.

Thanks to ABS Breaking system, otherwise my car wheels would have locked, skidded & rammed into the Dezire front left door which I think would have rolled over & would have caused considerable damage to the car & loss of life.

Buy Cars with ABS.

ABS & Air Bags should be made compulsary & not an option in all cars. [thumbsup]

Thats one horrible experience buddy! Several fools do that here without giving respect to other vehicles.

But since your speed was only 45kmph the damage would have been less only but still you have averted an accident thanks to your alert senses!

I too agree dual airbags and ABS must be made compulsory for all cars right from Nano!

Yes i know! Its our mindset of Indians that we want the cheapest product available in market be it anything! We cannot put the blame entirely on the manufacturers.

My suggestion is to have dual airbags and ABS compulsory in all models. It will increase the cost but it provides safety. We Indians are known to neglect safety which the manufacturers take advantage of.

Naren lucky you and your control over your speed, congratulations on the same.Yes i do fully agree that instead of providing those fancy equipments companies should rather give ABS and Airbags as compulsory in all cars.
IMO that dzire rider kinda people never learn the right way of driving unless they get it the hard way.

There is no better safety than basic common sense and basic road etiquette which can only be there if violators are accountable for it. Unfortunately this does not hold ground in our country thanks to all the undue influences and lenient views of courts and so criminals and offenders are let scot-free with a nominal fine no matter what they do(Blame the government for not amending the fines provisions) .
I haven't seen a single person thrown in jail for at-least a day for driving recklessly,crashing into people and rendering serious injury to third parties. 99% of the time, the only instance when someone gets a sentence is when an injured person dies.
Without laws being strictly enforced and adhered to,Fines hiked upto reasonable rates, And unless offenders get thrown in jail for endangering other people on the road; safety devices cant help much in saving you.

Naren lucky you and your control over your speed, congratulations on the same.Yes i do fully agree that instead of providing those fancy equipments companies should rather give ABS and Airbags as compulsory in all cars.
IMO that dzire rider kinda people never learn the right way of driving unless they get it the hard way.
Its no big deal even if its made standard,I've seen people with airbag-equipped cars saying arrogantly and foolishly when they overtake in the midst of oncoming traffic. "Look at that idiot,he and his puny hatch,if he crashes into us he's seeing his ancestors,we will be all right cause my car has airbags. Why can't he move a little more onto the shoulder? People are suicidal!" (This he says while breaking every law in the book, doing 120 kmph in the wrong lane and about to or likely to crash into a car doing atleast 50kmph. If you look at the combined speeds its 170kmph and no airbag is saving you there if you crash head on.)
I avoid riding with such people,but I can't escape them when they come opposite.
And I guess Air-bags only make them more dangerous on the roads as they think they can get away with any crash at any speed and take more unwarranted risks.[surprise]

Last edited:
Rightly said jalex.

people are mad in other way when they are behind wheels. a simple 2 min stopping at a signal will save themself and others.

And it the abs that must have helped you to steer while braking.

but at speed of 45kmph , i hope every other normal brakes do work.

Abs should be made mandatory! good one - simple base model should be stopped.
after all its people's wish!

so one must look after his safety

jalex, well yeah i do agree on everything you said mate, but that doesnt mean the provision of safety features be ignored in any model, any car.Check out other countries norms for automobiles where life itself is given priority.
Accountability comes on human itself about self education and attiquetes, which cannot let manufacturers not offer those features in all models.IMO.

What I meant is that we have to make many basic things compulsory before we get cars to have all out sophisticated safety equipment.
Many people who ride in air-bag equipped cars dont even have the common sense to understand that air-bags can save only provided that the occupants are wearing seat-belts at the time of a crash. And when someone goes around in a car with air-bags without wearing seat-belts,what is the use? The safety equipment's purpose itself is defeated. He will die or get injured seriously anyways.
What we need first is to make present laws to be strictly followed.

+1 to Jalex's statements. I don think any drastic changes are going to happen in the near future regarding the automobile satandards and safety issues and we as Indians should adjust to such things and just hope that we are lucky enough not to get involved in a crash![frustration]

Top Bottom