Hoooonk, Screeeech and Baanngg!!!!!

Thread Starter #7
sighhh!! you all guessed it right. i was involved in an accident about 15 days back on the NH4. my very much loved car, the alto was damaged very badly. i was on my way from davangere to kumarapatnam(google maps may help you about these places) as i had to get some notes and stuffs from my senior friend. a bloody fool on a 2 wheeler just came in front of me from nowhere. i was doing a good 80kmph as the highway was totally open and there were no vehicles around me for atleast half a km in the front as well as at the back. i had no choice but to crash into him. will post the details later as i am feeling very sleepy now.

well well well...
nobody who were INSIDE the car got hurt(me, dad, mom). i had a small cut on my fist. that's it. the car suffered a lot of damage in the front. bonnet,bumper,windshield,fenders,HL everything got repaired/replaced. no damage to the engine bay. spent around 25k.(thankful to maruti to have the car which has the lowest maintainance cost)

more details will follow soon.
PS:i am very sorry to tell you guys that i have got no pics of the accident nor the crashed car. this was my first ever accident and i did not want to have any memories of the same. to be frank, i was so depressed seeing the crashed car that i did not go to college for a few days.hope you guys understand and pardon me for not taking any pics. nobody would want to remember such an incident. right??

Oh now that's very sad Sriharsha. These idiots on mosquitoes. A pair of them damaged my i10 too when it was just 3 days old. But just a dent. OK then, what happened the the idiot in your case? Looking at the damage to the car, he must have got what he deserved, I'm guessing. And was there any ruckus later? Glad to know ye all are alright.
Cheer up!

sighhh!! you all guessed it right. i was involved in an accident about 15 days back on the NH4. my very much loved car, the alto was damaged very badly. i was on my way from davangere to kumarapatnam(google maps may help you about these places) as i had to get some notes and stuffs from my senior friend. a bloody fool on a 2 wheeler just came in front of me from nowhere. i was doing a good 80kmph as the highway was totally open and there were no vehicles around me for atleast half a km in the front as well as at the back. i had no choice but to crash into him.
What about the bloke on the 2 wheeler? He's ok?

Hi Sriharsha,

No problem dude. Happy to hear that all are safe. Nothing to be depressed mate. Just be happy that you are safe. Thank your ALTO for saving you.

Hope you did claim your insurance.

I also had such a kind of incident in NH45. A cow crossed when i was doing 120kmph.
The damages were massive. All the five inside my car was safe. Thank god.
I spend nearly 80K for bonnet, front bumper, fenders head lights.

^Sorry about your accident. These herders must be herded up and asked to pay for damages. BTW, what happened to the cow?

I tried my max to aviod the cow.

See the pic you'll understand. This happened early morning.
The back left leg of cow was completely fractured. It was able to manage between my car and bus after i hit.

I inorder to avoid the cow, took my car to median and was able to park on it.

^Sorry about your accident. These herders must be herded up and asked to pay for damages. BTW, what happened to the cow?

Attachments

Well its the other way around legally. A herdsman is the only person other than a police officer, who can demand you to stop your vehicle on the road. And you are bound to do that. You are also to look out for hazards while driving. And you wont win a case for claim against a herdsman whatever be the incident involving him and his cattle on the road.
Its cause we have cattle and other things on the road that we have the speed limits imposed as they are. 70 kmph tops for four wheelers and 50 kmph tops for two wheelers. With the kind of road sense (or lack of it) the majority of the road users have in India, I dont think that these numbers can be increased in the near future.

Last edited:
Are you trying to tell me the law permits these jokers to let their cattle have a circus on the road, and we people doing 120kph legally on the expressway should lose their car's "Accident - free" status & NCB while these jokers get away with it? Unbelievable. No point in paying road tax.

Top Bottom