Are All Automotive Forum Members Obeying Traffic Rules?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
Do anyone think that the Car enthusiasts who were in the forum (All Forums) are driving in a perfect way and following the rules and regulations.

I have seen many Car owners with Forum logs sticker on it (Including TheAutomotiveIndia) are not even obeying the rules while driving in the highways.

Following were some of the main points:
1. Parking the car inside the main lanes itself.
2. Driving in the opposite direction to avoid taking a U turn by going far.
3. Not bothered to wait in the signal.
4. Honking like fools when other vehicles waiting in the Signal.
5. Using Mobile phones while driving.
6. Over speeding in the roads.
7. Throw / Spit in the road itself while driving and not caring about other cars will be affected by that.
8. Drunk and driving.
9. Not maintaining the Lane discipline.
10. etc., etc.,

Forums were not only to showcase your automotive's. Its also to educate each and everyone to follow the rules at least to an extent.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: All Automotive forum members are following the rules while driving?

A very potent question raised buddy. I believe in a simple logic i.e practice what you preach. Automotive forum's respect is hampered by unruly members who drive insanely on roads. But the forums can only help in educating. The ultimate answer lies with the driver only.

Regards
Akash

I never park my car in main lane, I used to get down the car from Tarmac and leave enough space between car and lane.

My friends always to ask me to do such a idiotic stuff whenever I go for some distance to make a U-Turn. My reply to them will be "Uneducated persons only will be doing like that".

I follow signals even in the midnight.

4. Honking like fools when other vehicles waiting in the Signal.
I won't. I will engage the handbrake and start changing songs

5. Using Mobile phones while driving.
I use via Bluetooth and the controls are in my steering itself.

6. Over speeding in the roads.
nope, will drive according to the road and traffic conditions and will be more cautious while driving in unfamiliar road.

With the help of GPS, I used check the guess the angle of the upcoming curves and prepare myself to tackle the curve with proper speed.

7. Throw / Spit in the road itself while driving and not caring about other cars will be affected by that.
I won't and will never allow anyone in car to do such things.

8. Drunk and driving.
Nope. But will drink while driving(I mean water[;)])

9. Not maintaining the Lane discipline.
I will change the lane with proper signal.

10. etc., etc.,

Seat Belts:
I always fasten the seat belts once I entered into the car and will ensure my co-driver also fasten the seat belts.

Last edited:

I have seen many guys fixing the stickers of one of the main forum, who are not even part of that forum. From their driving we feel that adding that sticker back side of their vehicle itself add some more 'BHP' in thir vehicle and looks like they got some special permission to own the road.
One of my close frined is an example for the above case. He also put an 'ABS' sticker behind his 2013 swift VDi (exactly same like ZDI @ rs.50 expense from local sticker work shop)and spend more than 50K for other accessories. He had an accident within 1 month of buying the car and car looked like almost totaled and repaired it. Still he didnt understand what he doing.he could have avoid that accident if his car had ABS instead of sticker i think.

I didnt put any sticker of the forum behind my car because i am not that perfect driver always(i may do some crazy driving some time) and i dont want to defame the forum name by my act.

Last edited:

Here is my state of traffic sense:

Seat belts-always.
Horns-Rarely.
Overspeeding- Depends, on Highway mostly above 80 on expressways mostly above 110.
Wrong side driving-Never.
Spitting etc. - what weird ques. is this? I hate the question itself.
Red light jumper: Never intentionally, but sometimes overlooked on some unfamiliar roads. I at times drive behind the front car even when the signal turns orange.

Good things about my driving- extremely considerate for other road users. I have many times turned my hazard lights on for the traffic behind, if i see anything that can be dangerous for followers(cars behind me).
I have stopped my car many times for some vehicles which were crossing the road or even pedestrians which were not getting space to cross the road. This ensures that I get clear road ahead and it should be followed by all of us.

Bad things about my driving- dont honk unnecessarily at me. I will forgive you once, but if you repeat, i will come behind you and do you the same treatment. It happens a lot in my city. Today someone kept the foot on his steering at a red light (it seemed). I went behind and blew the horn hard. Later tail gated him at high beam for 5 kms. No matter how much space i got, i ensured i drove just 1 meter behind that fellow with high beams. It ensured his ritz got full interior illumination from my safari's lamps. He must have got blinded by the rear views if he dared looked at them.
I am not supporting this behaviour. But sometimes you have to teach others what you got taught in life. Being considerate for others is what I learned over the years. This guy didnt honk unnecesarily for those 5 kms. And I am sure he never would again.

Last edited:

I have seen many Car owners with Forum logs sticker on it (Including TheAutomotiveIndia) are not even obeying the rules while driving in the highways. Following were some of the main points:
Very significant post. Honestly I follows all possible rules and promotes safe driving. Some of my colleagues think I am loony for not doing it as in the above mentioned point#2. There is a signal near my office, people there drive in opposite direction even in the presence of cops [anger]. Most of the time I will be the only one who is driving 2kms to make that U-turn. I always do wear seat-belts even for a re-parking (the beep beep alert really annoys me) and uses the high-low beams and horns responsibly. I am not being narcissistic, but I strongly believe in "Be the change you want to see in this world". You have no right to complain about others on road unless you are following the rules for safe driving.

Thanks to Ambylovers for initiate this kind of posts and keep aware of safety and personal behaviors during driving.
Since i am beginner in driving, so i followed all rules what mentioned by "Ambylovers", and also i ensure here i will keep the same discipline in future also.

In my last 1 month driving experience, i faced some irritable experience by truck drivers. they are famous for harsh driving also they are keep on honking even though there is no possible to move forward in hill side roads.

from that experience, i took a promise to myself "dont honk like this in any situation".

thanks to Ambylovers and other friends here one more time.

In a forum or not, I always maintain a road etiquette,especially strongly if I have my son with me. I don't even overtake a truck in front of me when he is there.You know why?He learns from me.I had also observed that other people also learns from you.So maintain the traffic rules and if you want to be happy don't expect it from others .Keep the famous line in your mind,just for caution "streets are filled with idiots,and you cannot win an argument with an idiot" .

Thread Starter #9

Thanks to Ambylovers for initiate this kind of posts and keep aware of safety and personal behaviors during driving.
Since i am beginner in driving, so i followed all rules what mentioned by "Ambylovers", and also i ensure here i will keep the same discipline in future also.

In my last 1 month driving experience, i faced some irritable experience by truck drivers. they are famous for harsh driving also they are keep on honking even though there is no possible to move forward in hill side roads.

from that experience, i took a promise to myself "dont honk like this in any situation".

thanks to Ambylovers and other friends here one more time.
Balaji Subramani,
Hosur is one of the area where the Trucks population more on Check posts. Daily i use to commute from Hosur to Bangalore. I see lot of Truck drivers park their Vehicle in the middle of the road itself. Lots of Trucks don't have the rear mats, because of this stones will fly in the road from the wheels of the truck.
My Linea windshield got hit and cracked by a stone flown from the Rear Tyre of the truck. Luckily by gods grace i was driving my car. It would be difficult in case of Two wheeler.

Last edited:
Loaded but good question Ambylovers.

I follow and preach all of them except speeding. I mostly drive in Mysore and Bangalore where most of posted speed limit is a joke - most places its 30 or 40 km /hr which is ridiculous [frustration] I always drive at reasonable speed keeping the traffic and road condition in mind.

Balaji Subramani,
Hosur is one of the area where the Trucks population more on Check posts. Daily i use to commute from Hosur to Bangalore. I see lot of Truck drivers park their Vehicle in the middle of the road itself. Lots of Trucks don't have the rear mats, because of this stones will fly in the road from the wheels of the truck.
My Linea windshield got hit and cracked by a stone flown from the Rear Tyre of the truck. Luckily by gods grace i was driving my car. It would be difficult in case of Two wheeler.
Yes, we are living with it daily, while going to office by face, i got lot of hits by small stones and sands from trucks. one more dangerous guys are there in hosur road, they are the Tempo traveller drivers who pickup the staffs from hosur to banglore. they are weird drivers.[frustration]

I drive in Dubai and I follow these rules diligently -

Seat belts always, even in the rear seat
No honking unless my car is in danger of being hit by an absent minded driver
Stopping before the white line in traffic signals
Indicating before changing lanes
Giving way to pedestrians, especially at zebra crossings
No tailgating (prominent in UAE)
Never crossing the speed limit (scared of hefty fines!)

Indeed a Significant Post. Holding the Forum sticker in the rear adds more responsibility and proud.
I always use Seat Belts
Use indicators .
Least bothered to wait for people and cars waiting to cross roads.
Acknowledge the fellow drivers who stops for us to cross roads, overtake static vehicles etc.

I've put a seat belt awareness sticker " Buckle up No Excuses" in the rear of my Chevy Beat WP_20150307_004.jpg

Thread Starter #14
Hi,
Yesterday near Town hall (Coimbatore) an auto guy came opposite to me in the one way. I rolled down the window glass and asked him whether he was aware of one way. He replied cool that he knows it and daily he use the same way in an arrogant manner and also told me to move on. Vehicles behind me are scolding him, but he was in DON'T CARE mood.

Traffic police were aware of these local auto guys, but i don't think they are taking this seriously. Not to blame the police guys, I don't think they can take action easily. They too are fed up with this idiots.

Valid question however then the first thing people should stop talking about is redlining their cars . Nowadays most car would cross the city speed limits even if you are redlining in 1st gear. With a speed limit of 40-60 kmph in cities you can't blame anyone for over speeding(read as going over the speed limit) as long as it is not something you can't control.

Top Bottom