Skillful Vehicle Parking: A Necessity Now.
In today’s time we are witnessing rapid growth of vehicular traffic everywhere and one of the most important thing that we have lost due to this are the parking spaces; be it malls, home, hotels or office. Today the earnings and accordingly the necessity of a household have increased such that the concept of one vehicle per house-hold has almost faded away. Now, with the rise in income, a house may have 3-4 vehicles but due to the space constrains none of them are parked in the allocated parking. They have to be parked at alternative places and sometimes even at places where the parking is not even permitted.
I have often witnessed in many other cities that even the most luxurious of the cars and even bikes are parked on roads since the apartment parking is not able to accommodate. Parking to other places leads to 2 major concerns i.e safety of the car or bike and secondly, creating obstruction on the roads which hampers smooth vehicular movement at all times.
The rise of vehicular traffic has been most significant in the metro cities and semi-urban cities. The pleasure of going out on a weekend has reduced or should I say almost lost since one fears about the availability of proper parking spaces. People have to also compromise at a certain point with their choice of car due to non-availability of the parking space as today getting a proper parking space has become a far-fetched dream which one sees with open eyes. These constrains of parking space have also at many instances led to owners selling off their beloved rides with a heavy heart. I sincerely feel that apart from rise of resources, proper planning in infrastructure is sorely missing. There are big buildings in every city but with limited parking spaces. Day by day the parking of vehicles for the owners is becoming difficult. The reason for this according to me is the income that one earns. Profit from outlets is more than that from the parking in any building. But, for a moment, wouldn't it be nice to be considerate about the vehicle owners as well?
Talking about NCR region, over here also we have MNCs and big retail establishments but the traffic density is so high that none of them are able to accommodate it and so the cars and bikes are parked on roads leading to obstruction for others. Having talked about the space constrains for parking, an equally important aspect of parking a vehicle is the skill to park it effectively. As we all know, space to park is already very less, what adds to the misery is a haphazardly parked vehicle without being sensitive to the fellow owners. Over here also, people grab smallest of the opportunity to park their car in such a way that the other one has to either wait for long or sit helplessly. It is the rather unspoken sensibility that all owners should show towards each other by parking their vehicles sensibly. They should understand the fact that if their vehicle is hit by other then both of them will be at loss. Hence, at all times, vehicle should be parked appropriately so that even others can park too. This simple gesture can be very helpful to the fellow motorists around.
In the market area, no amount of arguments for a specific parking spot can lead to a decisive conclusion as it’s for public use. I have seen people arguing over parking spots to the limit of physical fights. What they fail to understand is that the space is limited so they should act accordingly instead of proving themselves as totally inconsiderate.
Here are a couple of points which I feel can solve this issue of parking to an extent
• Those who own independent houses should make sure that they design proper space for in-house vehicle parking so that other’s movement remains un-obstructed and their vehicle is secure as well.
• In a market area, if you are sitting in the car or on the bike, then upon seeing the fellow owner be considerate enough to move the vehicle and do not wait for him/her to request you.
• In Group Housing Society, park your cars and bikes in allocated parking only. If you buy a new vehicle then be sure of arranging a proper parking space first.
• If in an emergency, you may need to park a vehicle on road, do so, keeping in mind the comfort of other motorists too. I don’t have to tell, what are the repercussions of haphazard parking! Also, do use flashers at all times when parking your car on the road side. It informs the traffic behind.
• Do not park the vehicle right in the face of the car as it obstructs the movement of other.
• Park at only authorized parking points always.
• Do not misuse the parking space just for your benefit.
• Leave a contact number on the car's windshield. I know many do but not all are aware and practice this. It saves lot of time and unwanted happenings.
• Commercial/ Residential establishments to be designed with ample space to accommodate large number of vehicles.
• Do not argue over parking, let everyone get space. One should be accommodative.
Buddies, these are just some views by me based on my experience right from a market place to the independent house. I firmly believe that even in the limited space for parking if we have the skill to park the vehicle effectively and follow some basic norms it can make a great deal of difference for us all.