Rant: Proposal To Provide Red Beacon & Siren To School Buses and Maxi Cabs!

Thread Starter #1
I've driven extensively in Bangalore and Chennai. I am not sure about other cities.
I think that school buses are the rashest drivers of them all. I agree that they have a valid reason that they are always late and child education is the most important thing (Bangalore sexual abuse notwithstanding). Now in any traffic jam, the school bus is the first to break out of line and go onto the wrong side. They are the fastest vehicles on the road. because of course no one will mess with a school bus or else media will sensationalize the news with crying children and make you the villain. But still, the fact remains that our children travel in these vehicles. In the interest of safety, what if we elect to legally allow school buses to break rules. Give them a red beacon and a siren and right of way. So they will be fearless and thus less prone to mistakes.
Coming to municipal buses and maxi cabs, they ferry 50-150 people. Thus they are more important than the poor Mercedes with only 4 people in it. In India where net worth is measured by the number of votes you can put, the bus passenger's time is more important than the CEO of a company. Thus they also drive like maniacs. The bus is always over the yellow line, it never stops at the bus stop, overtakes from the left, drives on the pavement, jumps the signal, blocks narrow roads, swats 2-wheeler, breaks the wing mirrors of cars. If given a siren and red Beacon, They will be able to legally do all this and thus be immune.
Sometimes the only way to reduce crime is to change the definition of crime.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Proposal to provide Red Beacon and Siren for school buses, Maxi cabs and Municipa

I think that school buses are the rashest drivers of them all. I agree that they have a valid reason that they are always late and child education is the most important thing (Bangalore sexual abuse notwithstanding). Now in any traffic jam, the school bus is the first to break out of line and go onto the wrong side. They are the fastest vehicles on the road. because of course no one will mess with a school bus or else media will sensationalize the news with crying children and make you the villain. But still, the fact remains that our children travel in these vehicles. In the interest of safety, what if we elect to legally allow school buses to break rules. Give them a red beacon and a siren and right of way. So they will be fearless and thus less prone to mistakes.
Misuse of power is already rampant in India then why to further increase it?

Coming to municipal buses and maxi cabs, they ferry 50-150 people. Thus they are more important than the poor Mercedes with only 4 people in it. In India where net worth is measured by the number of votes you can put, the bus passenger's time is more important than the CEO of a company. Thus they also drive like maniacs. The bus is always over the yellow line, it never stops at the bus stop, overtakes from the left, drives on the pavement, jumps the signal, blocks narrow roads, swats 2-wheeler, breaks the wing mirrors of cars. If given a siren and red Beacon, They will be able to legally do all this and thus be immune.
Are you telling me, giving them a Siren and a beacon shall give them legal right to break and damage cars?? Man, I am really[surprise]!!
Sometimes the only way to reduce crime is to change the definition of crime.
Crime is crime whether big or small just as Theft is a theft whether you steal a 50 Rs note or a Samsung Galaxy Note!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Proposal to provide Red Beacon and Siren for school buses, Maxi cabs and Municipa

Please understand cynicism. It is the last resort of the depraved.

Top Bottom