Votes: 33 86.8%
  • No, Never.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Sometimes, Occasionally.

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Similarly , what about helmets?

I do not wear helmet as i do for the seat belt.

Earlier when on long drives i used to wear one.

Now got one from vega(i have a thread for that in TAI)
i use this very rarely like in noon - evening (not daily )times just to escape from hot sun and dust!

I always wear helmet while driving bike but not for short distance say 2-3km shopping purposes! Else i always wear it.

Here's the reason to my answer!
Check out
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/members-lounge/1688-pics-you.html
Post#11[:D]
I cannot try it even if I want to![lol]
With all due respect,I beg to differ. You might get a relaxation by law for not wearing one for the reason that you are a sardar,but when you crash you wont even get the benefit a normal law abider gets. And by the way,the people who made the relaxation for sardar's not needing to wear a helmet erred in their judgement. Sardars do and can wear helmets. Examples:-
1. Hari singh and Gurinder Singh Mann who used to race for JK tyre's Rally team. You dont get any concession in motorsports when it it comes to safety and regulations,Not even if you are God.

2. Sardars serving in the airforce. They can't fly a Mig without the Helmet. They use helmets in the army too when at war.
And they tie their turbans in a different way than usual. I dont know what they call that way of tying it.

And so I cant subscribe to you saying,I cannot try it even if I want to!

And I'm very insistent on safety,I just had to tell someone to either ride with the seatbelt on or the car stops. And the guy told me to leave him where we started,It was just some 400 meteres after we started and guess what? He got back to point A. No seatbelt,No ride.

Last edited:
I never wear a helmet. Because I don't have a 2 wheeler at all! :lol!:
I believe even pillion riders must wear helmets. You never when something could happen. Ilango, are you listening?

I always use it (in fact when ever I drive a 2 wheeler). First thing is I feel insecure if I am not wearing it. The second reason (probably the weird one ) I don't like dust, direct sunlight and insects hitting my face and eyes when driving. To be honest this was the reason I started using it [thumbswink]

its been 14 years i am riding two wheelers and yet the same time i am wearing helmet on regularly.Its safe for rider, protects you in many different forms which is better for riders.
Nice topic.

As Shynish even i wear it not only for safety but also to protect myself from dust and smoke. Whenever i ride as a pillion i find great amount of dust on my face which i can avoid while wearing helmet.

But in night time its no protection from dust and smoke because its difficult driving with the visor down , i find it very difficult to drive in the nights with the visor down due to the headlight glare of the oncoming vehicles. What about you guys?

Top Bottom