Road Safety Week (January 11 - 17) Campaign, 2015

Thread Starter #1
Hope everyone is aware about the Road Safety Awareness week practiced Nation wide every January. But nothing really happens other than pasting some Polaroid stickers on Headlight by some Policemen and Officials.

We the TAI family can make awareness by summarizing some needy points and make some posters. I personally planning to paste this sticker on my Ride's rear Bumper for seat belt awareness.
seatbelt.jpg

Moderators and friends reply with your valuable suggestions.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I would second Asir and Rajvel. A small tutorial on the Over-speeding, High Beam driving in night and excessive honking should be planned. These are major concerns on roads of India.

Regards

Akash

Earlier the Road safety week was celebrated from Jan 2nd to Jan 7th on every year in India. I think this time they have changed the date. I appreciate your concerns on highlighting this week on TAI.

Safety should be followed at all times. Not only during the celebration week. Purpose of celebration to appreciate the work you have done, improve the awareness of safety. Unfortunately, the celebration of this Road Safety Week lacks in gaining the attentions of road users.

BTW, what is the theme for this year?

This road safety week celebrated at different countries at different times. I still wonder, why in India the celebration conveniently starts from Jan 2nd. Is it planned to enjoy the NEW YEAR by the respective departments?

Most of the violation happens on 31st DEC. And next day they want to celebrate this week?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Earlier the Road safety week was celebrated from Jan 2nd to Jan 7th on every year in India. I think this time they have changed the date. I appreciate your concerns on highlighting this week on TAI.

Safety should be followed at all times. Not only during the celebration week. Purpose of celebration to appreciate the work you have done, improve the awareness of safety. Unfortunately, the celebration of this Road Safety Week lacks in gaining the attentions of road users.

BTW, what is the theme for this year?

This road safety week celebrated at different countries at different times. I still wonder, why in India the celebration conveniently starts from Jan 2nd. Is it planned to enjoy the NEW YEAR by the respective departments?

Most of the violation happens on 31st DEC. And next day they want to celebrate this week?
Of course mate, Safety should me followed every time. My proposal is that we can create a sticker set in our TAI badge with some effective points and distribute in the future. A small initiative will work wonders.

I think we should highlight the following points

1. Wearing Seat belts
2. Speed Limits
3. High Beams
4. Use of Indicators
5. Unnecessary usage of Fog Lamps
6. Excessive honking
7. Parking in crowded place

We should educate the pedestrians to follow some basic rules like crossing the road, etc etc

Last edited:
Here in TamilNadu, this "Road safety week" is just for name-sake.
No Cop catches a rider without helmet or driver without seat-belt. In fact, they themselves don't use them!
There has been NO special measures taken by the Traffic police department regarding REAL "road- safety" in this week.[anger]

Top Bottom