Safety Regulations Two Wheelers and Commercial Vehicles?

Thread Starter #1
I have been following all the news about NCAP testing of Indian made cars.

Was wondering if there was any standards mentioned or if any agency has ever tested commercial vehicles and two wheelers for their safety , since a lot of emphasis is these modes of transport in most part of the country.

Thank you in advance...

Re: Safety standards for vehicles

All vehicles (irrespective of the category) are being tested for safety before they were put on sales. It is a part of Homologation. There are standards defined against each category of vehicles.

Thread Starter #3

Thankyou for the reply. I actually wanted to know if they are crash tested like passenger cars. Since a lot of body building happens in case of heavy and medium commercial vehicles and the material use is primarily wood , as basic structure.

Secondly in two wheelers are they tested for braking stability etc.

Thankyou for the reply. I actually wanted to know if they are crash tested like passenger cars. Since a lot of body building happens in case of heavy and medium commercial vehicles and the material use is primarily wood , as basic structure.

Secondly in two wheelers are they tested for braking stability etc.
Crash test for commercial vehicles are not same as that of passenger cars. Mostly Pendulum test evaluates the CVs (I'm not sure about other test / methods)
More details here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcpQ0YN2Q5c

Top Bottom