Damage & Theft of Public Property on Indian Roads

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Team,

An important topic that I am going to discuss here is about the rampant stealing and the damage done to the public property on our Indian roads like broken railing, missing signage, missing street lamps and bulbs et al. Few months back I was on my way to Bareilly (U.P) and the route is NH24. During my journey, I clicked a few snaps that I am sharing below showing the pathetic condition of the public property which is installed by the taxes that we pay. By damaging or by stealing these properties the only people who are affected is us i.e the common day-to-day drivers.

Photo0649.jpg

Photo0651.jpg

Photo0652.jpg

Photo0653.jpg

photo0654_001.jpg

Photo0656.jpg

photo0658_001.jpg

Photo0661.jpg

Photo0662.jpg

Photo0665.jpg

This de-faced look of our Indian roads totally kills the joy of driving on a highway. Apart from this, there is certain section of drivers on the Indian highways who find pleasure in disrupting the normal traffic flow. They don't bother about other drivers. The absence of signals and proper signage gives them the liberty to use the roads as they wish to.

Photo0648.jpg

Photo0669.jpg

Photo0672.jpg

Photo0666.jpg

Photo0679.jpg

And honestly, this stealing and damaging of the property actually is really harmful for driving because one might miss out on directions et al specially in night and rainy seasons.

Photo0671.jpg

photo0678_001.jpg

Photo0673.jpg

Please share your experiences on this thread about the thefts and damaging of public property on your city's roads. Looking forward to a great and learning discussion.

Regards

Akash

Re: Damage & Theft of public property on Indian Roads.

Nice thread Indeed. I've been observing some common thefts in Indian Roads as follows

* Batteries being stolen from Renewable lamps and Signal posts.

* Rest Benches from Bus stops and Bus Stations

* Scrap sellers easily spot some corroded sign boards which are in bad shape and will take them.

* I've seen people lifting batteries from Trucks that are captured by Police and stalled near police stations.

Top Bottom