Helmets "Mandatory" For Women Riders in Delhi

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Team,

I know, I have been late in starting the thread and its going to be seen as a old news.

Nevertheless, Even after the respectable government took a firm stand with regards to helmets being made mandatory in Delhi for women riders, its a common sight for them to break this rule and come up with excuses if challan is issued. I travel through the busiest roads of Delhi i.e India Gate and KG Marg and see many girls and women not bothered about helmets. Really feel sorry and bothered at the same time.

Helmet_woman_Thinkstock_360x270.jpg

The Delhi government today issued a notification making wearing of helmets mandatory for women with immediate effect.
What do you all think? Will this mandatory rule prove effective or will it be a passing one?

Link

Regards

Akash

Akash only time will tell that weather it will be effective or not nevertheless it is a welcome move . Most of women and girls don't bother to wear a helmet and such kind of rules will compel them to wear helmet .

This rule was tried to make effective in several states at several times. But even the people don't understand why it is required and the Government don't understand how to make it sustained.

End Result was it is another movement by an other officer.

On the Other Side:
Some time back this rule was tried to make effective in some state of India (I'm not sure). Suddenly the Helmet sale has grown. Some body sold at 200% more of actual rate.

Once the sale was over, the people and the government comes into (ab)normal state (without using helmet). It was told the helmet manufactures approached the Government to increase the sales with some profit percentage our great politicians.

First things first, I mean no offence to anybody.
I would have loved to believe this rule will be effective (especially in Delhi with little security for women, untoward incidents await each day) but women just don't seem to understand the importance of helmet or anything else for that matter (e.g. riding sanely, seat belts). Just because they know the mob justice will be on their side they can do whatever they want. C'mon, I've seen you girls ride and drive so dangerously. I witnessed an event some days back (well, not me but my mom did) : a guy was riding sanely and a girl made an idiotic move. Both the riders fall down, and there is no damage done to any vehicle or rider. Yet the girls insults the guy with the choicest words. Poor guy just listens and moves on. [frustration]
So it's more of women's mentality that may result in this rule being a failure or success. I do not think anything will happen unless women understand the importance of helmets. They just won't listen to their husbands or boyfriends or even parents (Or anybody who has been saved because of helmets) I reckon.

Again, no offence meant and an individual is always unique, so this might not apply to the girl reading this. [:)]

Somebody plz invent a helmet which will have motorcycle key attached / welded to it or so. Technically it should be like helmet to be worn for our motorcycle / bikes engine to start!!!

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
How about making the Bike Instrument cluster a part of the Helmet?
In many racing games you see a sort of 3D 'HUD" that is projected on the helmet visor and tell all the info regarding speed,gear, Night vision etc.

That would positively encourage us to wear one and also look cool.

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member
How about making the Bike Instrument cluster a part of the Helmet?
I agree with you here dear and wish that just like we have seat-belt buzzer in cars the same way we can have a helmet buzzer in bikes. This is not that far fetched as a thought rather can be easily implemented.

In case the biker tries to de-activate this buzzer, the bike's ignition shall not work after that.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom