Chennai / TN Safety: Latest Updates?

Thread Starter #1
Does anyone have the latest updates on the developments in TN and chennai. Is it safe to go by car on this weekend.

Any Chennai folks out there?

I'm here Bro[;)].

Today morning I have done a solo drive in my Vista from Vellore to Chennai(Alone). Never faced any riots/blockage anywhere in NH. Current situation seems to be normal.

But still the number of buses on Highway was less.

Except Hosur, other parts of TN seems to be normal. So, What I suggest is, Please take Andhra route(Bangalore - Dasarahali - Mulbagal - Palamner - Chittor - Arcot - Chennai) and reach Chennai Safely.

Even Figoan(Subbu) took the same route to reach Bangalore this morning from Kalpakkam.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks bro for the tip.

However, I am just wondering now, that the bail petition being rejected, will it still be a matter of concern.

Please update as you get to know more during the next couple of days.

Appu@

Planning to visit Ooty this weekend(3rd& 4th) through Valparai>pollachi>Coimbathore>mettupalayam

Any issues?can we need to postpond? No accomodation reserved till now.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks bro for the tip.

However, I am just wondering now, that the bail petition being rejected, will it still be a matter of concern.

Editing my post"

Read as petition being adjourned and not rejected. so it should not be an issue I guess.

Same here except I use my Cycle.Day before Yesterday,I saw many buses,Auto-rickshaws Glasses broken and Shattered by Stones,Nobody was out there,Shops closed,Houses Doors,Windows shut and it was very scary.I could here many people shouting from far away,I could see many Smoke from our area.Nesapakkam,Ramapuram and West K.K Nagar was Badly messed up.But now,Everything is alright.I don't see any riot but I highly suspect there will be another riot if the Bail odered today was rejected ! For now,It's safe

Thanks bro for the tip.

Just Reached office and drove for some 20Kms from room to office in OMR. Not seen any issues/riots anywhere.
Situation seems to be Normal.

Heard politicians gathering at public places and showing their against. But, nothing serious.

Appu@

Planning to visit Ooty this weekend(3rd& 4th) through Valparai>pollachi>Coimbathore>mettupalayam

Any issues?can we need to postpond? No accomodation reserved till now.
Releesh, I think you don't need to postpone your trip. even we Chennai guys heading to Wayanad from Oct 2 to 5th.

Apart from Hosur, other towns/citys situation in TN seems to be normal.
All the shops were open, buses are running in good numbers, cars/bikes are running without any issue.

During the result day(Sep 20) alone we saw riots in TN. apart from that, there is no much riots or anything in TN.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
I did my first leg of the trip (B'lore - Pondy) and I would say there is absolutely no problem in the state so far. Will have more details as I drive down to Chennai tomorrow.

Appu @

Thanks for your help.I had completed my trip and i didnt find any issues on the way or ooty. Infact Ooty was very crowded with tourists and felt heavy traffic jam in all the places there.

How was your Wayanad trip?did you taken your Whity to wayanad? can we expect another travaloge?

Appu @

Thanks for your help.I had completed my trip and i didnt find any issues on the way or ooty. Infact Ooty was very crowded with tourists and felt heavy traffic jam in all the places there.
Superb Buddy [clap]

How was your Wayanad trip?did you taken your Whity to wayanad? can we expect another travaloge?
Due to last minute dropouts, we postponed our Wayanad trip. But, I have done a trip to Valparai with family and yes, of-course with Whity[;)]

yes, you can expect a short TL[:)]

Top Bottom