Why India's Car Parkings Are Unsafe / Unreliable?

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear Team,

The topic that I am looking to discuss here refers to a very common problem i.e unsafe and irresponsible car parking(s) infrastructure provided to us pan-India. Be it a open car parking or a authorized car parking, why is there always a "Not responsible" or "parking at owner's risk" clause in the parking slip given to us?

This scenario does not end here, there are variations in it but the message conveyed is the same i.e "No responsibility of valuables", "Attendant asking for keys and then mishandling the vehicle", "Cars do get stolen", and worst of all, in a authorized parking the car is often damaged.

Right from a Office parking to a 5 star hotel's parking, we owners have constant fear about the safety of our vehicles. I feel sad for the fact that even after paying for parking in our cities, we do not get the safety and proper space for it.

Please share your views, suggestions and experiences in this regards.

Regards

Akash

Re: Why India's car parking is unsafe/unreliable?

Nice topic to discuss.

Imagine a scenario where such instructions / messages are not written on parking slip, the very next moment loads of people will rush to that hotel or organisation claiming list of things which got stolen from their cars or list of damages happened in parking lot and most of these claims will be false. Hence writing this statement on parking slip gives freedom of escape to hotel owners.

Sometimes parking attendants dont give you any receipt about parking and then they appear from nowhere while you take out your car, in this case if something happens to car then "responsibility lies with owner" [:)]

I have also seen these valets parking our cars leaving gaps in centimeters between two cars just for accommodating more vehciles in the lot [anger]

Anyways, waiting for more experiences / suggestions from TAIgers.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Imagine a scenario where such instructions / messages are not written on parking slip, the very next moment loads of people will rush to that hotel or organisation claiming list of things which got stolen from their cars or list of damages happened in parking lot and most of these claims will be false.
This appears to be boon for the fakers and at the same time its a real pain for authentic victims. I mean, a person with a genuine cause is looked down simply because there are others who for their benefit, misuse a particular thing. Really sad!

Regards

Akash

I leave my Ertiga parked in the lanes of Janakpuri (Delhi) and without fail, my car has a new scratch embedded in to it. Even the Polo has developed a lot of scratches due to passerby vandalism.

Just today in my office parking my car has got an ugly scratch from some vehicle. Please excuse me saying this, I have seen that it is mostly the older ladies who do not care to see whether the door of their car can be opened fully or if there is another car parked beside it nearby. The open the doors to the fullest and if your car is parked beside it, it usually is bound to get an ugly scratch.
Sorry this is only my personal observation and difference of opinion is very much solicited.

Thread Starter #6

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Apart from the owners, the reckless attitude and driving skills of the illiterate attendants add up to the perfect disaster recipe. I have seen at Malls in Noida, the attendants are only bothered for the parking fee and least bothered of the damage to the car due to carelessness over there.

I have my drivers, I always tell them to park as per their convenience in the parking lot and not by what the attendant says. Also, often it happens in my case, I have to teach a couple of things to the attendants in my way after which they probably don't forget it.

These uneducated fools don't realize one bit that its the hard earned money that has gone in the car. I can bet on the fact that the parking contractors and attendants make money in the wrong ways and by malpractices.

Regards

Akash

In my building, I don't allow anybody to park except my cars & scooters, though it can admit 10-15 bikes/scooters. Main door can be opened such that people can just walk in. Because I found people (patients / relatives) recklessly parking their bikes / scooters in such a way that bruises my cars or make difficult to drive away or park my cars, for which they never felt sorry.

Imagine that you are coming in your town after couple of days and enter your appartment / township, then just before stepping in home you rush beside your building to see your lovely ride which you have parked for long time. What will be your feelings when you see something like this,

Image0665.jpg

Image0666.jpg

Image0667.jpg

I feel like [gun] that owner

Some random thoughts in mind,
1) How would one park like this ?
2) Why do people park this way ?
3) How can someone be so careless?
4) Do these people come out and check how its park before leaving ?
5) Do they think of others like how will i come out of parking? How would i open my boot? How will i remove my car cover?
5) Don't they realise where their cars are heading ?

I was restless for entire day and still the car is in same way as owners room is locked [cry]

Thread Starter #9

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Imagine that you are coming in your town after couple of days and enter your appartment / township, then just before stepping in home you rush beside your building to see your lovely ride which you have parked for long time. What will be your feelings when you see something like this
I was restless for entire day and still the car is in same way as owners room is locked
I can imagine your plight. This is sheer lack of civic sense on the part of the driver. Not just in apartments, the similar situation often comes up at the parking(s) too. Hopefully, since your car is covered, no damage would be there. But, when the cars are parked in a parking, attendants often park it bumper to bumper which results in bumper being damaged for both cars.

Regards

Akash

I park my car outside the society's main gates on a bylane. Since the road is not too busy, I have only had 2-3 scratches. But hell breaks loose when I used to park the car outside my office. Got some 7-8 scratches from only God knows who [frustration]

Excuse me for saying that I have observed one more peculiar thing. Although I do not go often to high end restaurants or hotels where valet parking services are available, yet many times I have seen that just for parking your car at a distance of thirty or forty feet away from you they readjust the seats and either lower or raise the steering column. Is it not little annoying?

Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member
many times I have seen that just for parking your car at a distance of thirty or forty feet away from you they readjust the seats and either lower or raise the steering column. Is it not little annoying?
Actually, there are 2 reasons behind this:

1) They adjust the seats and IRVM as to suit their height and posture. Which I guess is fair to an extent.

2) They pretend to have learnt driving from a F1 champion and they see every car as a Mclaren, So to show their skills they do this funny stuff. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

Regards

Akash

Imagine that you are coming in your town after couple of days and enter your appartment / township, then just before stepping in home you rush beside your building to see your lovely ride which you have parked for long time. What will be your feelings when you see something like this,

View attachment 147091

View attachment 147092

View attachment 147093
I do sometime like this when I return & find somebody had parked obstructive against my compound door, so that that particular vehicle can't start & go without coming to me, get scolded for faulty parking, say sorry, hear lecture for proper planning & wait for "sometime" till I completes my urgent work.

car getting light scratches every day (always parked in open plot)

car getting light scratches every day (always parked in open plot)[frustration] because don't have much space in home to park the car inside i notice that car is getting dusty in few hours after wash when parked in to plot
i want to know how can i protect the car from light scratches and dust
i forget to mention that i really hate to cover and uncover the car now these days car cover is getting wet till morning and car catch the dust from cover which i really hate.

Last edited:

Top Bottom