Had an Accident on Expressway

Thread Starter #1
This is my first experience that occurred last Monday the 16.
we were 6 people i n the car my two uncle, my aunty my sister, my wife and me, we were traveling from navsari to jamnagar via Ahmadabad using the vadodara Ahmadabad expressway where the accident occurred.

I have had a hectic schedule last week , got bad news at 12 noon that we have lost my cousin husband aged 38. decided to leave early morning next day...but left late at night 11.30 reaching navsari was safe i completed the 620km journey in 10 hours sharp despite the traffic.

After the condolences meeting left navsari at 9 pm again for the 620 km journey had just over an hours nap in the noon.

was going smoothly from navsari to vadodara took the expressway at about am was smoothly doing 85/90 km-pl suddenly saw a big stone lying right on my path, to avoid I took sharp left and bang with the truck which just came on my left, the right side fender door took all the beating keeping all of us SAFE not a scratch.( by gods grace)

stooped the vehicle before the truck and got down shaken up, checked with my wife if she was ok, she was occupying the co drivers seat ( her routine) she was fine and so were everyone else, thanks to guide line rules of TAI( wearing seat belts everyone).

I can only say that one way the truck saved us I might have not been able to control the car and bring it back on lane and might have gone over the protector fence and off the road.
The truck also got very little bit damaged the frame above the wheel arch got ripped off, the truck was MH registered cant remember the name ,but the driver and his partner spoke good Marathi, they bot asked if all were fine, I assured them we were ok, paid them for the damage to their vehicle and they left.

The wheel has got bent from one side so took the difficult task of changing it, I could not wife dialled the help line no , and they immediately responded their vehicle arrived and changed the tyre for us.
My bad luck the tyre was not properly inflated was very low on air pressure.( my fault for nor following TAI rules for long journey) I ahd not checked on the spare tyre, was not carrying the foot pump which i always do)

Last edited:
Good to know that all are safe.
I think we all should stick to below 60 kmph as a thumb rule.
I think lack of sleep after a long nonstop drive of 620km also played a role in response time.
In such serious situation like death in the family, we should be extra cautious since lot of thoughts goes in our mind which are impossible to stop & concentrate..

Glad to know that everyone was safe.
Another incident where seatbelts prevented any further injury and saved lives.

Thread Starter #5
Glad to know none of you were injured and doing good. How intense is the damage to the car?
Good to know that all are safe.
I think we all should stick to below 60 kmph as a thumb rule.
I think lack of sleep after a long nonstop drive of 620km also played a role in response time.
In such serious situation like death in the family, we should be extra cautious since lot of thoughts goes in our mind which are impossible to stop & concentrate..
Glad to know that everyone was safe.
Another incident where seatbelts prevented any further injury and saved lives.
yes I agree to all your views , It was not lack of sleep, I was not feeling tired at all, I think it happened as I saw the stone very late, being express way I did not expect any such thing on the road, especially when there constant patrolling by the road patrol team.

Am going to post the pictures soon, may be by late night.

good to know that every one is safe. Take care brother.! Well I agree with Prad. back to back long drive with just few hours of rest.! very hectic.!

thank god that you and every one in the car came out without any injury. can you post any snaps of the damage to your vehicle. what was the rock doing right in the middle of the expressway ?

Thread Starter #8
good to know that every one is safe. Take care brother.! Well I agree with Prad. back to back long drive with just few hours of rest.! very hectic.!
thank god that you and every one in the car came out without any injury. can you post any snaps of the damage to your vehicle. what was the rock doing right in the middle of the expressway ?
I agree back to back drives very hectic.. and have promised my self will not do it again without a night halt for sure.

Even I did not understand what was that stone doing on the EXPRESS WAY.
Am waiting for my daughter to go to bed cant let her see thee pictures shes very sensitive as far the family is concerned.
I have left the car at the service center itself as it falls on the way home, so that no one among the family members have seen the damage.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
These were taken at the service center today...

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Have received an estimate of 60k from the service center, the insurance inspector will be visiting the service center tomorrow, I have insurance from HDFC ERGO.. hope its approved and the claim process is settled quickly.

Jayesh, sorry to hear about the incident. You car has taken all the beating. I could see A & B pillar badly damaged, please ask them if they would repair or replace it. Also check if the under chassis is intact.

First by God's grace all are safe. Yes the car has protected you and wearing seat belts are must in highways.

Looking at the car, the damage is quite less as per magnitude of accident. Get the fender, door and hinges changed, no question of repair. Hope all are covered by insurance. Also check underbody, wheel arches, suspension for any damages.

Thread Starter #14
The supervisor was done today and approved the repairs as per service centers requirement.

changing door, fender,rail roof side drip,front bumper,wheel, Tyre.
head light subject to ..will be decided after opening weather to change or repair.

Approximate time given is 15 days.

attached is the wheels photo which was on the vehicle at the time of accident.
18062014166.jpg

just look at the beating that it has taken.

Thread Starter #15
Jayesh, sorry to hear about the incident. You car has taken all the beating. I could see A & B pillar badly damaged, please ask them if they would repair or replace it. Also check if the under chassis is intact.
First by God's grace all are safe. Yes the car has protected you and wearing seat belts are must in highways.

Looking at the car, the damage is quite less as per magnitude of accident. Get the fender, door and hinges changed, no question of repair. Hope all are covered by insurance. Also check underbody, wheel arches, suspension for any damages.
will be visiting the workshop again tomorrow and inspect the under chassis for damage.The maximum beating was taken by A pillar what to do will be decided after thorough inspection tomorrow.

wheel arches will be changed, under body and suspension will be checked tomorrow, I had drove the vehicle for other 300+ km after the accident so there's no damage to the suspension as far i know, but to be on safe side will get it inspected tomorrow.

Top Bottom