Who Says Cars Are Non-Living Things? Think Again. A Mysterious Story of Car Theft

Thread Starter #1
Note-This Post can be a long one and might appear boring to some of you,as It literally is about my love affair with a Car.

"Examples of Non-Living things include-Car,fridge,tv,books.............."

We have often been taught that Cars are an example of Non-Living things. They are incapable of feeling and thinking. Well I beg to differ.

BackGround-
My dad bought a Spanking new Maruti 800 DX in March 2000. It was from the earlier batches of MPFi 5 Speed edition that Maruti launched in those days.
It was our first *NEW* car. I was in 3rd Standard at that time and this car has been my darling ever since. I can say without a second thought,that this car is closest to me,after my parents of course.
Just to cite a few examples of my madness and love for this very car-
1. Dad was reversing the car from a tight parking spot. The location was quite a noisy one. I saw the car's front bumper was about to kiss the pillar edge;I had no time to warn my dad. I put my hand in between,the scratch was saved,but my right palm was badly bruised and fractured. And to make matters worse,that day I was going to attend admission test,to get admission into a new school.
Nevertheless,I somehow managed to write by my left hand,and even though my score was pretty average,I topped the exam. [clap]
2. I have done everything crazy people can think of, with my car-from wiping it off with my newly acquired cotton t-shirt to talking to it in seclusion. And I respect my parents for bearing with me and my craziness. Infact, my uncle once advised my dad to take me to a mental asylum. [frustration]

Current Scenario- The car is now my daily drive,as dad has upgraded to bigger machines. The Paint and exterior along with the interior is as stock and fresh as it was in showroom. To give you an idea,it has no accessories apart from a wooden garnish,sill guards,seat cover and steering cover. The plastics are intact till date below the seat cover.
The current odo stands at 2,31,900 kms. The car is in such a top shape that workshop people say that I should forget 2 Lac Kms.
No breakdowns till date,just regular periodic maintenance.

The Scary night- On 29th May 2014,I parked my car outside Ranchi Station and went to see-off my close friend.It was 7.30 pm. All that process hardly took 15 minutes at best. When I return,I could not see my car. I felt as if someone snatched my life from me. I broke into tears,and I fear I might have created a funny scene with a 22 Yr chap crying for no reason to onlookers.
On gaining my senses,I informed dad,and aslo lodged a complaint at the nearest Police thana. These took roughly an hour. The cops were very much friendly. I was dropped to my house in a Police patrol gypsy. At 10.00 PM,dad was trying to pacify me,as he knew best,what I was going through. No amount of assurance of getting me a Swift ZXi or a Honda City was going to soothe me now. The damage was done.
Even though I tried my best not to strain myself,I was tensed a lot. I didn't talk to anybody.

Somehow,that night passed. Early in the morning,dad gets a call. He came to me and said-"We are going to get your car. The cops have found it."
I could not believe my ears. Without even having my breakfast, I went to Police station. There I saw my Golden Beauty shining in all its glory.

The actual Story- The thieves had removed the rear quarter glass,and entered the car. They had managed to somehow start it and had taken it about a 100 mts when the car broke down. It was the first time in its life that it broke down,and that too at the hands of the thieves [clap]
According to a nearby shopowner,the car refused to start even after the theives tried for an hour. At 9.00 PM ,they abandoned the car. It was retrieved by Police in the morning.
The inspector took keys from me,and tried to start the car-the car crancked,but did not start.
After all the formalities were done,and we got the NOC,we were allowed to take the car. All this while,I was beside my car,in tears.
Police had arranged for a towing van to tow it to nearest MASS. ANd now came another miracle- I tried cranking it for the last time-It took about 5-6 cranks,but it finally came to life. Now who says Cars are non living??I for one,don't believe!!!

Real Cause-Due to some issue with fuel filter,the malfunction had occured. But I am happy that it occurred,and now my baby is sitting proudly in my Garage :-)

Re: Who says cars are Non-Living things?? Think Again-A mysterious story of Car theft

superb writeup shashi, m happy that your beauty is back.
Planing for any antitheft/security systems?

Re: Who says cars are Non-Living things?? Think Again-A mysterious story of Car theft

Good write-up!!

Its like Tarzan-the wonder car. You can make short documentary [movie] on it. [clap]
Contact any student from Film Institute from Pune. He/She will surely love to make short film on it.[:)]

Can imagine what you went through sir. Congrats on getting her back !

Congrats Shashi you got your mate back in my college time I had a splendour (1997 model ) which is still very close to my heart. spledour is one of the easiest thing to get robbed. when it was robbed I filled a complaint and was crying for 5 days I personally hunted it for servral days but never found it, after 10 days got a call from police station the bike is found 10 kms aways from my home.

The best part As every one, even my college days were preety economical I used to get 50 Rs as pocket money the break up was 20 Rs for Food 10 Rs for Smoke and 20 Rs for fuel. So the fuel in the bike only lasted for 10 kms and saved my bike and best part was that was the first time my bike was completely dried.

After that memory I have still kept the bike with me and yes its still working as good as new.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
superb writeup shashi, m happy that your beauty is back.
Planing for any antitheft/security systems?
Thanks for your wishes. I am still not completely sold on AntiTheft systems. My Brother's Fortuner had very high end stuff including multiple sensors and GPS tracking etc. He spent close to 80 grands only on Security Systems. But one bad day,he lost his beauty. After a year or so,it was traced. Apparently,it was stolen for some political campaign in UP,but we got its information only when it was TOTALLED....Then only Toyota ASS contacted my brother. So I don't trust these security systems at all. From now on, I will have to be careful,and thats what will be the best deterrent. I admit I was also at fault,as to avoid hassles of parking,I parked the car in a dark and secluded place.[frustration]

Good write-up!!

Its like Tarzan-the wonder car. You can make short documentary [movie] on it. [clap]
Contact any student from Film Institute from Pune. He/She will surely love to make short film on it.[:)]
I'm sure it will make for a pretty good plot :-)

Congrats Shashi you got your mate back in my college time I had a splendour (1997 model ) which is still very close to my heart. spledour is one of the easiest thing to get robbed. when it was robbed I filled a complaint and was crying for 5 days I personally hunted it for servral days but never found it, after 10 days got a call from police station the bike is found 10 kms aways from my home.

The best part As every one, even my college days were preety economical I used to get 50 Rs as pocket money the break up was 20 Rs for Food 10 Rs for Smoke and 20 Rs for fuel. So the fuel in the bike only lasted for 10 kms and saved my bike and best part was that was the first time my bike was completely dried.

After that memory I have still kept the bike with me and yes its still working as good as new.
That was a close shave :-)

swiftshashi- Cars are indeed a living being. They breath, they eat, they excrete, Even they understand too. Who said they are non living beings.
I also own a Maruti 800 1992 model. Once my uncle took our car to go somewhere, after 1 hour he called me and said- the car is not starting up. I went there, took the keys from him and in first crank itself it started. I couldn't control my laughter. My car has a funny habbit, it doesn't start if its in the hand of a stranger.
I treat my cars as my family members.
Please do post some pics of your car.

Congratulations buddy[:)] happy to hear you got it back. i believe my cars are my parts of family,i believe cars have breath,have a head and hearts,all the way those are lively. Finally what i believe the car would care you back,the way you care about them. In that way keep Loving.

Last edited by a moderator:
great write up! this is truly an experience that can never be forgotten. I also want to ask where in Patna is your location?

Thread Starter #15
Very nice looking and very well maintained car. [clap]
I see Premsons Motors sticker on your headlights. Are you located in Ranchi?
Your location says Patna.
Yes I am from Ranchi. My location says Patna as my college is there. My location in Patna is BIT Mesra,Patna Campus(Bailey Road)

Last edited:

Top Bottom