Traffic Police of India Now on Officially on Facebook

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
As the common wealth games are approaching, The Delhi Traffic Police has now taken a one of its kind initiative by creating an official facebook page. Not just that it is a facebook page but most importantly, They are informing time-to-time about the traffic situations, Jams, Theft etc happening in New Delhi and trying to resolve it asap. I’ve already posted about my car theft attempt which happened near to police station, though nothing can be done now. Personally, I appreciate this step by DTP and it should surely prove to be helpful. Link: Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Drive Safe,
350Z

Facebook is about to close in india.

If 1 Lakh users delete their account .

And police are now gearing up with facebook.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
they dont seem to work on road ...how will they do so via net???
They Do. Govt. has now tighten 'em up. In fact special trainings for cops have also started for Common Wealth Games.

Facebook is about to close in india.
If 1 Lakh users delete their account . And police are now gearing up with facebook.
I believe them to be just some silly rumors.

Drive Safe,
350Z

good move by DTP but why everything for delhi only? it is mainly because of common wealth but anyways such things should be there for all cities.

Arun

Suspended
No use literally. The whole idea is backfiring like anything. Instead of posting about people who break rules, people are posting pics of cops taking bribe, riding without helmets et all.
Funny the way it is, the Mumbai cops are left with no choice but to accept the faults within its system and do right before it is too late!!

Attachments

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
It should hopefully make them feel guilty, and it is not only about posting images, They are informing regarding traffic jams / which routes to avoid and other such information timely, which I personally find to be useful. Is the same being followed by MTP as well?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
For a change, yes. The MTP is constantly updating about road conditions and jams. And in case of jams, diversions to be used. It is helpful when one is venturing out.

And I hope action is taken against corrupt cops.

Though I say that taking bribes and indulging in corrupt practices are the worst crimes one can commit, I strongly feel that mere action is not only not fair, but is not the most efficient method of curbing corruption. I feel rehabilitation and reformation are better. In cases where these do not work out, action can be taken.

Re: Delhi Traffic Police Now On Facebook!

Update! Even Bangalore Traffic Police can be now seen on the Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bangalore-Traffic-Police/147207215344994

Drive Safe,
350Z
They are there as well, But they act rude and impolite. Maybe the one in charge there might be the culprit.

Just take a look at the discussion here and how the B.T.A respond to comments and how conveniently they ignore comments when they themselves are at fault. (Number plates in Kannada only for Traffic Police vehicles which is against the M.V Act.)
https://www.facebook.com/notes/bang...r-hindi-i-cant-follow-kannada/162305467168502

Last edited:

Top Bottom