New Caller Tune To Reduce Accidents

Thread Starter #1
MADURAI, January 12, 2014

In a bid to reduce road accidents caused by use of mobile phones while driving, a city-based software firm has developed a mobile caller tune for vehicle users.

Called as ‘Mobile Driving’ caller tune, the product which was launched by private firm Infostech here on Saturday is aimed at ensuring safety of vehicle users. It can be activated by dialing toll free number provided by the telecom service provider. A minimal amount of Rs. 30 would be charged per month for the usage. “In most accident cases reported, the cause of mishap is said to be the use of cell phone while driving,” said Deputy Commissioner (Traffic) S. Yellaparaj while talking to reporters.

Last year, a total of 423 fatal accident cases were reported in Madurai city. Road users must take their lives seriously and give importance to traffic rules, he added. According to Ganapathy, the developer of the caller tune, when the software is enabled in the mobile phone, the caller would receive an automated voice message that would say, “I am driving, please call me after 15 minutes.” If the driver receives another call after five minutes, he would receive the same message depending on the duration set.

Talks are being held with telecom companies and it will be out in the market next month, said the organizers.
Even though this has so many open questions, am sure this is going to be great help.

No doubt its a good initiative but rather in my opinion we should in India have a cheap facility avaiable for Voice Messages. In US if one does not answer the phone in 6 rings the call is automatically transferred to voice message which user can listen later. I agree that some providers have started providing similar facilty but its still not upto par we get in outside countries.

Thread Starter #3
No doubt its a good initiative but rather in my opinion we should in India have a cheap facility avaiable for Voice Messages. In US if one does not answer the phone in 6 rings the call is automatically transferred to voice message which user can listen later. I agree that some providers have started providing similar facilty but its still not upto par we get in outside countries.
I think we have the facility which you are talking about. But I feel this is better than that since after a ring it stops ringing which is generally a great distract while driving. Recently I started using my phone in silent mode when am driving and check it every signal.

I meant is voice message facility is not that effective what we get in countries like USA / Canada.
I have kept bluetooth in my car and I switch it on as soon as I start my car during the 1 min idle rule. When I am accompanied by my wife she helps me as my P.A. and asnwers the calls for me[:D]

Majority of the cab/yellow plate drivers are 95% on phone while driving including reputed cab services Meru/Mega/Easy etc. We need to educate them first before anything else.

Top Bottom