Biker Banged My Car – What is the Best Option Now?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Am extremely depressed while am sitting typing this[cry]. Reason being had a bad accident to my car today. It all happened near my home today.

Scene 1: Two bikers going on the road make some mistake and bangs my inlaw's car Nano. My mother calls me up and I rush to see what exactly happened.

Scene 2: I reached my home see a lot standing near my place. Out of tension and hurry my bad ! I opened the driver side road. Then "THUD" a biker hits my door causing biggest dent till date on my car. Am shattered !! Yet I get down to see what is wrong with Nano. To my worst nightmare it was a much smaller dent than what happened to my Car! [frustration].

Finally Every one leaves but the biker who hit me his doom is broken. But My car is even more badly damaged.

My questions to you folks !

1. I said the biker I will not pay anything as he did not see me opening door. But I felt bad for him though could not do anything looking at my car's condition.
2. Should I claim insurance for it? I have NCB for last year.
3. What will happen if I go for insurance?
4. Should I go for my regular service center who would prompt me to take up insurance or can I visit a local shop for this?
5. I inquired about it to one of my uncle who has a service center he quoted it around 6-7k. Where as I checked with Nexus Authorized Service center they said it would be around 4k.
6. Am totally depressed so cant make a choice as what to do[confused]

Please help folks!!

Santosh

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: What is the best option now??

@santosh , sorry to read about two dents on the cars one on your and another on in laws.

Little extra sorry for your.

Nothing to get depressed , such dents keeps on occuring in now and then in Pune.
Go for insurance claim .NCB saved by not claiming the insurance now is not going to be a matter of future and you never know when would you require to claim insurance and loose NCB in this insurance year itself( Though I pray to god the accidenta never reoccur in your life ,two accidents have been faced by your family on the same day already ,)

Also estimates given (4 k to 6 k) are just assumption s , never know when and how it rises once the repair work begins.(power window , door switches , mannual window pane rotators door alignment etc. might increase the expences)

Thread Starter #3

Thanks Tornado!!

For your kind words.

I digged up some facts which might interest you and will help me to make a choice.

New door cost - 9k
Painting Extra + Labor extra if I go for claim. Thinking my car is three years old how much will be the coverage. I mean any which ways I would have to shell some good 2 or 3k right? Correct me if am wrong. So am contemplating and confused :(

If claiming insurance will increase, then my premium increases and NCB goes to 0 this part on one side and contrary paying another 2k now total 4k is what I would be loosing. So which one is a wise decision ?? Also the power windows and wiring seems to be absolutely fine. Am just trying to know which one is the better option.

Regards
Santosh

Hi Friends,

Am extremely depressed while am sitting typing this[cry]. Reason being had a bad accident to my car today. It all happened near my home today.

Scene 1: Two bikers going on the road make some mistake and bangs my inlaw's car Nano. My mother calls me up and I rush to see what exactly happened.

Scene 2: I reached my home see a lot standing near my place. Out of tension and hurry my bad ! I opened the driver side road. Then "THUD" a biker hits my door causing biggest dent till date on my car. Am shattered !! Yet I get down to see what is wrong with Nano. To my worst nightmare it was a much smaller dent than what happened to my Car! [frustration].

Finally Every one leaves but the biker who hit me his doom is broken. But My car is even more badly damaged.

My questions to you folks !

1. I said the biker I will not pay anything as he did not see me opening door. But I felt bad for him though could not do anything looking at my car's condition.
2. Should I claim insurance for it? I have NCB for last year.
3. What will happen if I go for insurance?
4. Should I go for my regular service center who would prompt me to take up insurance or can I visit a local shop for this?
5. I inquired about it to one of my uncle who has a service center he quoted it around 6-7k. Where as I checked with Nexus Authorized Service center they said it would be around 4k.
6. Am totally depressed so cant make a choice as what to do[confused]

Please help folks!!

Santosh
Hey buddy sorry to see your car dents I know how hard it feels. You can go ahead for insurance claim. I remember such incident to my car when a biker hit my car in the rear in a traffic signal broke my rear bumper and ran away. I claimed insurance and it cost me 1000 rs. Accidents happen buddy learn to adopt it. I know it is a pain for a car lover.

How much is exact NCB amount you are likely to save if you don't claim the insurance ? When is your insurance renewal date ?

As I see it from the pics , it's a 4 k job .It doesn't require door replacement IMO , hence insurance people won't approve the replacement .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

NCB amount is close to 3k if I dnt claim. I mean to say if I claim my premium may increase by 3 k for next year the date is June 14. I say about door change because recently my bro in law's car Ritz had a dent on bonnet but the Service Center guys told to get insurance claim for it and replaced the whole bonnet where are it was a normal dent. Where as it was a 6 months old car and we had to shell around 2k from pocket despite insurance claim.

That's really sad, Santhosh the damage on the door definatley hurts a car lover a lot. It's a denting & painting work which I believe any local paintshop can do for you. Ideally it should cos t you about 4 - 5k, only itch will be that the repainted door might have a slightly different shade compared to rest of panels. Since most shops use ESSDEE paint & not the DUPONT/PPG/2k type costly brands. A MASS would blow the bill to about 10K.

There is a catch in this kind of situation,

1. Repair:

If the tinker work quality is not good enough they would try to use NC putty & manage the show for now. Which will crack away after a few months of hot sunlight exposure. Then again you might end up spending on painting. (This can happen mostly at local shops & definately not at MASS as they are well equipped with a variety of tools to do so). Also door weight will change by a small margin, because of putty usage + a little uneven finished surface (although cant be seen by anyone with ease)

2. Repalcing door
Insurance record is hit, NCB loss, you are going to put some money from your pocket. But the actual issue will arise later when you try to sell the car. Especially when you try to exchange the car at any dealership then they would reduce the resale value/quote stating that the door is not the original one. Only factory fit doors come with sealant/gum at all corners. Now is door is replaced (even by mass) it would not have that sealant.

If you are okay to take a little risk with the paint finishing then get it done at local shop, but if you want everything to be stock condition (regardless of resale value, NCB etc) get the repair work done at MASS claiming insurance. There is no need to replace the door.

Re: Biker Banged My Car – What is the Best Option Now?

Iam sorry for the accident. I know how it feels. [evil]

Most of the dealers would invite an outside painter/tinker to repair the cars. Findout such good painter who works in the dealers garage too and go straight to him. Am shure, he would do the neat work much cheaper than in showroom. Also, if the total work goes under 5 or 6k don't go for insurance. And as ss80 advised, don't change the original door too. All the best mate.

Top Bottom