BEWARE: Thieves on Bangalore Roads

Thread Starter #1
Today a weird incident happened with me. I was coming to office and at around 10:30am I was at old madras road, DRDO Signal. On this signal I need to take right turn so I was at right most lane. I observed that one person is standing near road divider and I was thinking that he was waiting to cross the road once the signal turns red but he did not cross the road when traffic was at standstill, instead he was simply walking parallel to road divider and pretending like he is busy with something (actually he was searching for a Bakara, in this case it happens to be me [;)]) . I also observed that there was another guy at left side of road and he too was moving between vehicles. Once the signal turned green I started moving my car alone with other vehicles, suddenly the right side guy simply came and fell on rear side of my car and started shouting in Hindi that I drove over him. I also replied him in Hindi that I din’t. However I was lucky enough a person on his two wheeler overtook me and stopped and shouted at the right side guy and said to me that I can go. At signal I noticed that the bike person was talking with police person and realized that person on bike was actually a police man.

I drove further and started wondering was what was the motivation of person who fell on my car and then I realized that when all this drama was happening the person who was at left side of the road actually came at my left window and he was about to steal my phone or other valuable as my left window was rolled down. I was lucky enough all thanks to police man on bike as he was observing all so those guys did not steal anything [:D].

Re: BEWARE: Thieves on Bangalore road

Today a weird incident happened with me. I was coming to office and at around 10:30am I was at old madras road, DRDO Signal. On this signal I need to take right turn so I was at right most lane. I observed that one person is standing near road divider and I was thinking that he was waiting to cross the road once the signal turns red but he did not cross the road when traffic was at standstill, instead he was simply walking parallel to road divider and pretending like he is busy with something (actually he was searching for a Bakara, in this case it happens to be me [;)]) . I also observed that there was another guy at left side of road and he too was moving between vehicles. Once the signal turned green I started moving my car alone with other vehicles, suddenly the right side guy simply came and fell on rear side of my car and started shouting in Hindi that I drove over him. I also replied him in Hindi that I din’t. However I was lucky enough a person on his two wheeler overtook me and stopped and shouted at the right side guy and said to me that I can go. At signal I noticed that the bike person was talking with police person and realized that person on bike was actually a police man.

I drove further and started wondering was what was the motivation of person who fell on my car and then I realized that when all this drama was happening the person who was at left side of the road actually came at my left window and he was about to steal my phone or other valuable as my left window was rolled down. I was lucky enough all thanks to police man on bike as he was observing all so those guys did not steal anything [:D].
Shocking to hear this, that too on a city and bright day light... Imagine the kind of confidence they got to do it openly in such a place & hour. This to be taken very seriously.

Thanks for sharing this info for awareness. These days, the generous practice of offering lift to others is discontinued due to such culprits. Sadly, we are bound to jail ourselves always, to be safe in this free nation.

It is a common practice in HSR layout to Agra road (Bangalore) during 2-4PM . There are plenty of cases filed regarding this. It was shown in TV also.

As Figoian said, I too stopped the practice of giving lift even in two wheelers (unless they are really old). Better be safe than sorry.

Be safe. Drive safe

Thanks for sharing your experience dude. Will make it a point to roll up the windows and be careful atleast at old madras road [surprise]

This is a attention divert technique. Still this work like a charm even if you remain 100% attentive.
Better to be careful (I will say pray god to be lucky not to fall for this).
People in bike will come and say "your tyre is puncture" , "Oil is leaking" etc etc.

Don't know how to avoid these things.

People in bike will come and say "your tyre is puncture" , "Oil is leaking" etc etc.

Don't know how to avoid these things.
I've told this to many car guys whose car is either puncture or side door is not closed. Some care for it. Some hardly care ! Amit, i might be the one told you puncture (actual puncture) [embarass]. Now i understood why some didnt even bother to say a 'thanks' to me

I've told this to many car guys whose car is either puncture or side door is not closed. Some care for it. Some hardly care ! Amit, i might be the one told you puncture (actual puncture) [embarass]. Now i understood why some didnt even bother to say a 'thanks' to me
@Appus
I am sure you are not that person.

I was driving in the Madiwala Road at around 11-12 PM time . Road was quite busy but moving. Somebody came in bike rode parallely and told "your back tyre is puncture". I did not bother and drove on, again he came and told the same thing. Still I did not stop and drove on. But in my mind puncture tyre thing was dancing like mad, may be it is real one. After driving 1KM I stopped to check but alas "Where is the puncture" [confused]. All my 4 tyre were perfectly fine.

It may be con job or may not be. But I preferred to not stop immediately [glasses].

If it is real puncture or door open ,if possible we should inform the ignorant driver about that.But some are using these thing as a trap to get their target.

Earlier people use to give lift to other, now a days it is very rare. I myself have stopped completely doing that although I do not have any first hand experience. But reading through people experience has told me not to believe anybody and any condition. I give lift if somebody ask me from inside my office campus. Now I feel condition are much hostile.

Better be safe, than regret.

Last edited:

@Appus
I am sure you are not that person.

I was driving in the Madiwala Road at around 11-12 PM time . Road was quite busy but moving. Somebody came in bike rode parallely and told "your back tyre is puncture". I did not bother and drove on, again he came and told the same thing. Still I did not stop and drove on. But in my mind puncture tyre thing was dancing like mad, may be it is real one. After driving 1KM I stopped to check but alas "Where is the puncture" [confused]. All my 4 tyre were perfectly fine.

It may be con job or may not be. But I preferred to not stop immediately [glasses].

If it is real puncture or door open ,if possible we should inform the ignorant driver about that.But some are using these thing as a trap to get their target.

Earlier people use to give lift to other, now a days it is very rare. I myself have stopped completely doing that although I do not have any first hand experience. But reading through people experience has told me not to believe anybody and any condition. I give lift if somebody ask me from inside my office campus. Now I feel condition are much hostile.

Better be safe, than regret.
If the tyre was punctured then you would have definitely noticed wobbling of your car slightly & would have had to accelerate more to maintain momentum. That would have been an easy indication, however I can be correct on this.

If the tyre was punctured then you would have definitely noticed wobbling of your car slightly & would have had to accelerate more to maintain momentum. That would have been an easy indication, however I can be correct on this.
It may be an genuine case to because many bike only owners doesnt know that on cars we maintain medium air pressure as we used to travel alone to office, so for a bike guy it looks like tire has just half level air or no air like feel,

Top Bottom