Met An Accident With ST Bus: Need Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone my car meet with an accient 2 days back. My enitre trunk, headlights and rear glass have been damaged. The S.T Bus banged my car from behind. I wanna know can i get some claim from S.T people as its the drivers fault. Can any one the fellow people throw some light on whats the procedure and whom to contact. Awaiting your reply.

Re: Met with an Accident with a ST Bus : need advice

How old is your car? Is it new? If it is new, i would suggest you to claim insurance than doing the job from outside. I do not know anything about ST bus. Some one else will throw some idea on it.

Few information more would definitely get a detailed reply from fellow TAIans

How old is your car?
Did you file FIR?
Whose mistake it was?
Did you talk to the driver? If yes, what did he say?
And, what ever other information you can give will be helpful.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Met with an Accident with a ST Bus : need advice

Hi Appus.

How old is your car - 2004 Model
Did you file FIR - Yes
Whose mistake it was - Bus Driver's Mistake
Did you talk to the driver? If yes, what did he say? - I was completely lost and i called up my elder brother he did all the police work and also spoke with the driver.

Re: Met with an Accident with a ST Bus: Need Advice

First you need to file one police complain and get the FIR done for this. This you need if you want to claim the third party insurance.
Then I think the insurance company with whom the Bus is insured will do some review work and then give a node to claim the insurance from them.
But this will be very lengthy process and involve much hassle. Instead you can repair at your insurance claim (first party), then ask them for the difference amount (which I believe getting this is really though ).

Re: Met with an Accident with a ST Bus: Need Advice

Sorry to hear about this incident. But from one of our relatives experince its hardly we can do anything in this case. Thats a nice thing that you filled FIR. Now just follow up with insurance. One more thing you can try is you need to get the details of ST bus about which Depot it belongs to and visit the depot and ask the Depot manager to help in this case. Very sorry to say but all these procedures ideally does not exists on any of govt. vechicles.

I do not think you can practically get any compensation of the STU.

Please go ahead with the repairs from your own insurance.

If possible, put some pictures of the damage.

Like everyone suggested, go ahead with the insurance, but do follow up the FIR regularly. Since the bus involved is a State owned, not much can be expected. BTW the car involved in the accident is City or your Ikon?

Thread Starter #8
I do not think you can practically get any compensation of the STU.

Please go ahead with the repairs from your own insurance.

If possible, put some pictures of the damage.
I Have gone ahead with my Insurance. I am usually very busy with my office work and my cousin's sister wedding is next weak so i am currently hyper busy so no time for claiming anything for the ST people gave my car to shriji ford thane. Will post the pics soon.

Like everyone suggested, go ahead with the insurance, but do follow up the FIR regularly. Since the bus involved is a State owned, not much can be expected. BTW the car involved in the accident is City or your Ikon?
Taking money out from the Government is like OMG. my ford ikon was damaged [cry]

St byuses and claims ius tough as anything in the worls. its a sheer waste of time but you can though make a police complaint and demand the compensation.

Go forward with the case probably a G D is registered and the FIR is not taken,
A, G D report is enough for the claim but i would suggest you to push the officials to take an FIR and to take a case against the Driver who drove the bus,
As the bus was hit from behind your car the driver who drove the bus is the culprit,
And as soon as it reaches the court the culprit as per the FIR have to pay a minimum of 2000k as a penalty.
And this has to be paid from the culprit's pocket which i am sure that the Govt would not pay for the driver.
If all such cases are registered and the Bus drivers have to pay such penalties, then i think such careless drivers will be more careful in the future.
The insurance company's advocate will be appearing for you at the court so there will be no headache for you in the future in this case, so please go ahead.

Top Bottom