Ban On Wineshops On National Highways

Thread Starter #1
Recently a ban of wineshops on national highway was made compulsory by central government. How many states have implemented this strictly.Couldnt this reduce drunken driving. Drunkards can buy wine easily but easy availability on highways ma
kes things worse for other drivers.this is especially true in pondicherry where alcohol is cheaper.govt getsmajor income from wine sales

Re: Ban of Wineshops On National Highways

Is there any news link/article for the same? I do not know how much the ban is in effect I have seen wine shops all over the place on NH in Karnataka/TN

A nice move but what about hotels which sells liqor on highways? Also instead IMO govt should enforse strict law against drunk drivers since just moving aout wine shope is not going to help. For those who wants to drink can get 3 KMS away from highway in any city in there journey get drunk and spoil there and somebody else happiness

Recently I have seen a new wine shop on NH 4 at khed -shivapur just before entering the Pune city from Banglore on LHS , previously there was only one shop there on RHS .So now no U turn is required [frustration]

oh my god if this law comes to effect the face of roads in kerala is going to change a lot. think of Mahe with out the wine shops dotting the highway, with their glittering array of different brands of liquor. people will be put to a lot of hardship by making them walk a lot to quench their thirst. think of how they will walk all the way to get to the bus stop. its too draconian a law. if one had a peg more than their usual dose they might fall asleep on the road side...........as for drivers they will sure have to ride a bit longer for a drink.

Welcome the law. But will it be enforced!! In any case, will reduce the cases of drunken driving. But unless people understand, no rule will be effective.

It is a welcome move and the court has started at a right point. This can be further strengthened by improved checking by police for drunken driving and a heavy fine for those who violate it. With better highway infrastructure, this will assume serious proportions, if not curbed early.

I am not sure about this news. There may not be wine shops but the dhabas where many truck driveers relax have enough liquor available to make the roads a worst place to be

Top Bottom